Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.
I still have my AT box set I got in '88. A little bummed they moved the scale from 6mm to 8mm so I can't as easily drop in all my old figures - but oh well, at least I can bust out some sweet sweet 30 year old styrofoam buildings.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.

Zaphod42 posted:

Yep, exactly. And why can't there be a Tyranid evolution that happens to spit out lasfire? Etc.

Guyver/Zoanoid bio-beams!?

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

Epic got started in the first place with Adeptus Titanicus, right?

And sadly the new AT is a different scale so my original '88 box can't just be swapped in.

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

always be closing posted:

Im looking for some model suggestions for Mordheim dregs. The original models are cool, and I can get new old stock from eBay most likely, but wanted to try something different. What I'm looking for is a hunched over, preferably cloaked and hooded human model.

I am gonna try and see if I can use maybe orc legs, skaven body to get the posture.

How much converting do you want to do? You could chop up a Cairn Wraith.

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

NC Wyeth Death Cult posted:

When GW announced their "limited print on demand" service, a lot of Epic people got excited because they could finally order the Squat Colossus or Psy Titan head they needed to round out the half-dozen they already had.

Epic people are not rationale. Wait until you run into the true scale weirdos who order $200 of addons from Shapeways to convert a 40k Knight into a truescale Imperator.

The new titans are dramatically larger than the beetle back and the '97 ones. They'd dwarf Eldar, Tyranid and Ork titans so it'd look really off in a game but it would also make a larger target. A lot of the concern about the scale change came about because the diehards think that this means they will be releasing Epic and, well, some of us have a lot of money invested in the 6mm scale. Vanguard Games tried an Indiegogo of 8mm Space Soldiers In Power Armor and Green Guys Who Aren't Orks and it crashed and burned so I don't think a lot of people are interested until rules come out.

I am that tiny 1% that still has their beetlebacks from the original 80’s Adeptus Titanicus and was hoping to use them again. That being said, I am not that kind of grognard to get all enraged and post about it obnoxiously or at all really, and a scale change didn’t upset me so much as challenge me as to how I could possibly use those old rear end beloved figures again with their spin-dial bases. I think I might strip em, rebase em, and say my Reavers have shell-backs.

Ashcans posted:

That Blackstone Fortress game tempted me for a minute until I realized the price. Phew!

Honestly I really didn’t blink at the price for this as it’s in the price range of any other miniature based dungeon crawling boxed boardgame. If anything, I can use the miniatures for *other stuff*, which I can’t for say for like Twilight Imperium 4th edition*.

*(Which I havent owned since 1st edition but the game is absolutely great, so whatever.)

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

Stephenls posted:

As I’ve said before: I like the new Delaq models for what they are, and they’re much more useful for kitbashing and conversion this way, but they look much more like Members Of House Delaq now than the old trenchcoat and goggles crowd, who looked like seedy hive scum hangers-on trying to ape the appearance of their bosses (who presumably looked like the current sculpts but didn’t get involved in gang fights directly).

And part of me thinks Necromunda would have a more coherent visual and thematic identity if the other gangs adhered more closely to the “seedy hive scum” aesthetic that the Escher and Goliath gangers hit so well. This is kinda especially the case for the Delaqs because it makes sense that Orlock gangers look like manual labourers because that’s the whole house, and it makes sense that the Vaan Sars look a paramilitary kill squad because “unusually well-equppped” is their shtick, and the Cawdor are a scummy cult, but there’s no obvious reasons why the powerful information brokers wouldn’t be working through pawns.

(They’ll probably all turn out to be disposable vat-grown clones or something, because Delaq is so fanatical about maintaining a monopoly on info that they don’t trust lackeys to gather info—might leak it elsewhere.)

I’m torn. I really like the new models and will probably buy them after the holidays but I also 100% agree with you that they fundamentally look less like a “gang” extension of a house and more like ingrained upper spire stuff. The vibe,
for me, with Van Saars and them is a little
off - and wanted more rough and tumble ganger.

That being said the designs I love, and I reeeeallly want to see what they do with Spyrers.

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

Endman posted:

No argument here. I love Dune and (while the movie was pretty rough) the aesthetics were fantastic.

Have you seen the Jodorowsky’s Dune documentary? It’s definitely worth a watch, especially if you’re into older Metal Hurlant/Moebius stuff.

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

TheBigAristotle posted:

Is the Lord of the Rings game doing well anywhere? There's no local scene in WNY that I'm aware of, but I remember playing when it first came out years ago.

I have never seen anyone play this in Boston during the release of the movies, or recently in LA, or DC. Granted I’m much less active in gaming stores since moving to LA. I Imagine it’s stronger amongst play-at-home types and that it inherently has more of a collectibility to it which crosses over into pure modelers/painters who are just psyched to do a battle of Helm’s Deep vignette and have never so much as considered buying a rulebook.

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

Specifically a Colossus robot, which I think (as plastic) was in the Epic Stompaz boxed set where the modern 40k Contemptor dread design was first introduced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

JcDent posted:

I think my chemthrower girl got captured twice during my last campaign.

Now lads, I bought an Anycubic Photon printer when it was 50% off last month. Great deal, right?

Yeah, they changed the price to the 50% off margin almost immediately afterwards. Oops.

But you know what else happened? Anycubic launched babby's first SLA printer for a sub-200 price.
https://www.anycubic.com/collections/anycubic-photon-3d-printers/products/anycubic-photon-zero?variant=32179052314755

Get this and print whatever.

This is of course not the right thread to go into a deep 3d printing conversation but I feel the relevant question here is this: Is this cheap because it’s sacrificing resolution or because it’s just a very small print volume? If the latter, I think that’s rad because the resin machines are pretty much hitting the quality of cast miniatures for most functions and we aren’t the types printing handheld or wearable props.