Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Apparently James Hewitt, one of the guys from Mantic and a boardgamegeek user, designed Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower and Gorechosen. I believe he also was involved with Betrayal at Calth, the (somewhat minor) Blood Bowl season 1 rule changes, and the Sylvaneth battletome for Age of Sigmar. Those seem like they have had more favorable reception than some of the other auxiliary stuff GW has done recently. They don't advertise this because of company policy after designers received death threats from warhams, lol

It would be cool if they put their people best on a Mordheim edition that used age of sigmar minis, like Silver Tower. I think it's cool that Silver Tower and Gorechosen use Sigmar stuff and you can expand ST with existing (insanely expensive) models. They should do more like this in the future, so one could get a hero, paint it up, and use it in each of AoS/WHQ/GC/Mordheim and whatever new thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I think the Tzaangor's on the disks are pretty neat.

For the durfs, it's really the beard curving in the other direction that looks dumb to me. Maybe it was meant to be a joke, "dwarf beards lmao!" but I don't think it worked. If it discourages people from playing dwarves that's probably a good thing anyways

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

SteelMentor posted:

Warhammer Community put up a preview of the new Warhammer Quest earlier: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/02/16/unboxing-the-new-warhammer-quest/

Yeah, I just got a newsletter. Not really sure how I feel about this one. The bad guys seem a lot less interesting than the Silver Tower characters when considered in isolation, and then the 10 kairic acolytes don't really seem that great for someone who already owns Silver Tower. Having models from three different subfactions is also a lot less convenient for the purpose of using the box as a starting point for an AoS warband. Maybe they have rules for miniatures outside of just what is included in the box?

They are also adding a GM. From what I can tell based on the reported sales response to the app for Descent and the various fan made automation solutions for Imperial Assault, I think that might reduce its appeal.

Personally, I was hoping this would come with new Undead models that would eventually get a battletome for AoS, similar to the Tzeentch Disciples.