Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Shadin posted:

Blood Bowl
Publication: 2016
Official Link: Games Workshop Web Store
Rules Expansions: Death Zone Season One
Team Expansions: Skavenblight Scramblers
Companion Apps: Blood Bowl - My Dugout
Video Game Adapations: Blood Bowl 2 [Steam], Blood Bowl: Chaos Edition [Steam
Might be worth mentioning that BB is a reedition of a much older game, with fan rulebooks and all. GW legal plowed through the fanmade material, but there's a lot to draw from. Not to mention a ton of minis, both old official and not-BloodBowl from alternate producers.

BTW, which game does thread title refer to?

Also, link the old thread in the OP, ya git.

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jan 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Shadin posted:

Yep, gonna get the older version information up for the current games as well as the discontinued games. Just a little slow because of work. Added a link to the old thread up top.
OK, as long as it gets there eventually.

Also, we could use a mention that there are 40k/GW themed boardgames (IIRC some good ones are Chaos in the Old World, Forbidden Stars, Warhammer Diskwars). They're more the province of the boardgame thread, but it's nice to know they exist at all.

(or are ceasing to exist, because GW is dumb and hates money)

Also, jesus loving christ, those Silver Tower prices. Literally only four hero minis for the price of a big Descent expansion (already horribly overpriced) or a full decent boardgame? :psyduck:

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Jan 10, 2017

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

JcDent posted:

Oh yeah, totally. Like, I imagine a campaign system would work much better in a d20 stat system - especially if you start with CC/BS <10 as you are a bunch of bangers who still thing that holding a gun sideways does you good.
[...]
It would be possible to cut down Infinity to fit. Do away with a bajillion special rules and ammo types that wouldn't appear in banger land (and are probably unnecessary in actual infinity), maybe introduce some bot/power armor unreliability or whatever.
So basically Neuroshima Tactics?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

JcDent posted:

I wouldn't know, I never heard anything about it.
It was basically a ripoff of Infinity made by people who had a giant boner for the old Fallout games. So rules for stuff like limited ammo and weapon jams, scrounging for useful scrap, Necromunda-like campaigns. An English version's supposed to exist but I didn't manage to find it back in the day and now the game's dead.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

MrFlibble posted:

That's just how the new plastic teams are produced - they make one sprue that has three linemen and three positionals on it (and balls, token and coin) and then you get two of the same sprue in the box.
But the beards are different, which means separate bits. And if we're doing separate bits for the same bodies, Corvus Belli does that for Infinity and can end up with very different poses, so it is possible. Lazy design is what it is.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Kore_Fero posted:

GW made something good :psydwarf:
Truly, the sign that the End Times are upon us.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

SteelMentor posted:

Forge World's got a BB Rat Ogre on the way for the end of the month.

Maybe it's just the poor angle, but I think I'll stick to the plastic Isle of Blood/Spire of Dawn dudes. This one isn't doing it for me.

Please tell me that's some poo poo from a "random dude in a garage" type company that someone slapped the WC logo on.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
What the gently caress is this poo poo? :nallears:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Mr. Squishy posted:

Have rogres always been so..
hairless?

This is the new style-fashion among nu-rats. Fur is so retro-passe, go with the times man-thing.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

JcDent posted:

They can hardly release a shittier ruleset.
I see you still have some trust in GW left. But no worry, they're working on it.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

JcDent posted:

It's easy to release rules for 12 gangs when most of them are 3 3 3 3 1 3 1 7 5+ statlines.
5+? Look at that bourgeoisie from the upper hive.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

JcDent posted:

Weapon ranges!
Who the gently caress thought it was a good idea to repeat them for each model? Especially when they're armed identically?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
The one looking most alive is the pauldron face.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
I still have my artillery, big scatter and sustained fire dice, hand flamer and 1" round templates and "Flamed!" tokens, where do I sign up?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

TKIY posted:

There is a Polish dude on eBay offering a laser cut acrylic market set for SWA for about $12USD as well. He's going to make a killing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252860159933

Whoa whoa whoa. Local AND has at least 6 indie makers I wanted stuff from but couldn't be arsed to order separately? Thanks a bunch for letting me know this exists!

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Rhaegar posted:

Is there no Age of Sigmar thread in his forum? The only one I've found is closed for archival.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3811453

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

moths posted:

Man o'War fans should be loving grateful for Dreadfleet, which failed proving that MoW was a garbage game for old people that you'll never see again.
Oh I am grateful for Dreadfleet, it means MoW will never be subjected to the indignity of getting AoSed.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I hope the Delaque get multiple hairstyles options to choose from!
Of course they will.

Skinhead style, Kojak style, Chemo Patient style, Buddhist Monk style.

Ilor posted:

OK, is it just me? Am I the only one that sees all of the new Necromunda minis and thinks they don't look entirely...human? Like, there's a weird, blocky/chunky, disproportionality to them that I just find really off-putting. Most of the AoS stuff is the same way. I mean, it's a consistent aesthetic, so maybe it's just their new art director/art staff. But I've gotta say, I'm not a fan.
Nah. Everything from the End Times onwards has a particular style of shading, especially visible in smooth/flowing stuff like smoke, magical energy, cloth, muscles. A bit like it was carved out with a knife.

And as much as I don't like that they have done with the Nucromunda release w/r/t terrain/campaign rules in separate box etc., I have to admit the new minis look indeed very good. I might poke a friend or two into buying some so I can build/paint them without giving money to GW :v:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
So are you saying Squats are gonna be shat back out as scrunts?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Atlas Hugged posted:

I want Chaos Gate 2.
Only if they keep the chants.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Did somebody say Warmaster? :haw:

What are the current go-tos wrt 10mm fantasy minis? Specifically generic undead. Pendraken?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
The new Delaques are totally not Delaque for me, if I wanted Delaque I'd probably get the unofficial ones.
The Dark City / Dune Spacing Guild look is great in general though and would make great starting point to use/convert as Genestealer/Chaos/Machine cultists.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Lumbermouth posted:

It's just one of those things that really frustrates me about starting a miniatures game nowadays. When I got my 40K 3rd Edition box set, it came with the full rules, all the templates and two armies.
When I started with the 40k 2nd edition starter, I got an ork warbike for the models in the box. Turns out they didn't have rules for it, I needed to buy a codex for the price of a box of models. A while after I got one. Well gently caress you, still no warbike rules, the vehicle datafaxes were in Dark Millennium box, again, half the price of the big starter just for cards. templates and rules. loving welp. And my whole prior wargaming experience was Warzone, which didn't do that poo poo, so I didn't know to be wary.

The problem definitely isn't recent, you just lucked out and started with the edition that had its poo poo together. Still, I miss old Necromunda, one basic set, one expansion, tons of fun. Which is exactly why it had to die :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
What's that Space Marine box? Is that an old Epic expansion?

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 13:16 on May 24, 2021