Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
I have a very important question/request:

My GF is interested in learning Blood Bowl since I have been playing it a lot lately. What's the cutest range of miniatures I could base a BB team conversion on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Safety Factor posted:

I mean, you could probably build a skaven team out of those mousling models, but they'd all die horribly what with being a skaven team and all.

I considered this but the issue with swapping hands and cutting out weapons was too much effort. Also size wise they'd probably work much better as Dwarves.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
Eh, apparently she wants to play Wood Elves so zzzzz.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Lord_Hambrose posted:

At least she has made a choice that she will be able to win with!

War Dancers :argh:

I of course play Dark Elves

stabstabstabstab

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

berzerkmonkey posted:

They aren't dumping them into a 2017 game - they are re-releasing the NM ruleset with some new factions. Also, there is nothing wrong with the ruleset - it's quick and simple and not crumbling under its own weight like 7th ed is. Feel free to deal with the 180+ pages of rules for a "modern" skirmish game like Infinity. I'm fine with my 50+ pages for NM.

If you think Necromunda is quick and simple, any actual modern skirmish game (and not the one game you cherrypicked out of context) is going to blow your loving mind.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Kaza42 posted:

Are there any modern skirmish games that have a campaign structure kinda like Necromunda? I.E. persistent roster, customizable equipment, skills, optionally injuries and territory. I know of Frostgrave, but if there are any others I'd love to hear about them

Basically all the Osprey ones. The campaign system for Malifaux is pretty great as well.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

berzerkmonkey posted:

Also, of the four games mentioned, only Infinity is a sci-fi skirmish game, comparable to Necromunda.

I'd actually say from a gameplay standpoint Frostgrave or maybe the Malifaux campaign mode is the closest. Infinity is really nothing like Necromunda and comparing them is about as useful as comparing The Karate Kid and Hero because they are both martial arts movies. The whole point of Infinity as a game is that it is extremely complex, that should really be the decider about if you should play it or not. I thought Get Out was a great movie, but I still wouldn't tell people to go see it if they don't like horror films and the same thing can be said about Infinity. It's a complex game made for people who are specifically looking for a miniatures game that actually does all the fiddly poo poo, I'd say you could cut like 45% of the rules and the game would play better but that's kind of against the spirit of why people want to play Infinity in the first place.

If you want a skirmish game that's fun and tight and easy to get people who play 40k into you should play HoR Killteam. But there's a bunch of games that are easy to play with 40k miniatures and which 40k people may be interested in, Black Ops for one.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

JcDent posted:

Frostgrave and Malifaux aren't Necromunda, because the former only cares about your wizard and the apprentice (the rest of the team are chaff) in a boring world, while the latter doesn't have Your Dudes feeling (unless you start pretending that this hero is actually your special snowflake).

Hence why I specifically said the campaign mode.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

JcDent posted:

Do you get to name your summoner(?) and the troopers?

It doesn't use the standard masters, you take a lesser guy and he leads your crew and can get upgrades. It also does stat tracking and permanent injury/conditions/upgrades as well. I never named any of my guys in Necromunda so I don't see how that's an issue here.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Liquid Communism posted:

Hopefully there's a Sisters list forthcoming, so they can note with *shock* that people play them and maybe consider a plastic squad release.

I'm pretty sure the new Custodes plastics are the official deathknell of SoB.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
If you play games that are well balanced and well written "mathhammer" ceases to be a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Roller Coast Guard posted:

I heard anecdotally that LotR did good business with Dungeons n Dragons types who otherwise wouldn't have touched GW products with a ten foot pole.

It's more that for a good few years it was basically the fantasy nerds equivalent to Gundam models. I knew a lot of D&D/Fantasy/LARP people who never did anything with wargames who just bought the LOTR models to build and paint them.