Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

No Inquisitor in the OP? :colbert:

That was.... well, I remember having fun with it, I don't remember if it was actually good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Griff looks cool, but holy mother of god that Rat Ogre is terrible.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

SLAB BULKHEAD

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Honestly I'm feeling a lot more positive about GW than I have in years. They've still got a way to go, but I'm actually considering playing at least Shadow War and Shadespire. Necromunda with all the 40K races sounds right up my alley and Shadespire looks like it's legitimately a good game.

Hell has frozen over, cuz if you said to me "Hey Frosty you might entertain the idea of coming back to GW games" three or four years ago, I would've laughed in your face.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Atlas Hugged posted:

Shadow War carries a pricetag of $130 and isn't the real Necromunda reboot. I'll hold off until that comes out next year. It might be totally fine, but I'm flat out not interested at that price, plus the cost of GW models that I don't otherwise have a use for (there's no way in hell I'm using it as an entry point into 40k proper).

Shadespire might be really good, but so long as its Sigmarines vs Bloodbloods I cannot possibly care.

TBH I've always wanted a version of Necromunda that had the other 40K races in it, though I am also interested in the reboot of the classic gang vs gang Necromunda.

The price is fairly ridiculous, though, even with the giant terrain piece.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

GW certainly GW'ed this up!

Though on the Facebook page they said they're "looking at ways to bring the game to people interested in it" so I suspect they'll either sell the rulebook separately or (much more unlikely) put it up as a PDF or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Regardless, I certainly do hope they make the rules easily available soon. This is literally the first GW release in seven years I intend to pick up.