Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

radlum
May 13, 2013
Bought the Blood Bowl boxed game...without the models. Thinking of buying the human and skaven models box. Do I need anything else to start playing with my friends?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radlum
May 13, 2013
Are the Death Zone books necessary?

radlum
May 13, 2013
If I want to get into Necromunda, would a single box of models be enough to make a gang? (I'm still torn between Delaque and Orlock)

radlum
May 13, 2013

thocan posted:

Also worth noting that they're still saying House of Iron (orlock specific book) is slated for a Q4 release, and presumably that will include new models in a similar fashion to what Goliath and Escher got/are getting. So if you do decide to go Orlock, it may be worth not going all in with two full boxes if you aren't pressed for time on having a full gang. At least, that's what I'm doing right now, since playing in my area is still near impossible. Your mileage may vary, and if you decide to go Delaque, their update book still isn't scheduled.

Thanks for the advice; might go Orlock and get just one box to work on until I can get actual games on my area.

radlum
May 13, 2013
Those look great; I just got Direchasm and though I got it for the elves, the Slaneesh models are pretty good.

radlum
May 13, 2013
I can't buy Cursed City directly because international shipping customs will eat my wallet up, so I have to wait until one of the 2 local game shops that import GW stuff offer it, but all these posts about delays are making me feel that it's gonna be a longshot.

radlum
May 13, 2013
On the one hand, the more I read about Cursed City as a game, the less interested in it I am; on the other hand, when I see the painted models, I wish I had gotten one of the boxes before they ran out.

I understand not adressing Cursed City during the stream, but besides the crab, the whole stream today was a bust for me. Hopefully Saturday delivers something interesting.

radlum
May 13, 2013

DLC Inc posted:

RIP in peace Cursed City, I'm assuming if they didn't say anything all week they literally are going to loving pretend it never existed. Extremely lovely way to address this, I do not understand what the gently caress happened there.

To go from "extremely excited to announce a new game" to pretend that it never happened is probably the thing that annoys me the most.

radlum
May 13, 2013
It seems there's one box of Cursed City in my local store. I didn't expect the game to arrive in my country and it's priced at around USD 260, which isn't so bad considering how much shipping and customs to my country would have cost.

Would Cursed City be worth USD 260?

radlum
May 13, 2013

Xenomrph posted:

Tabletop Minions posted a video about the KT Compendium and how limiting the team building mechanic is, and, uh, yikes.

https://youtu.be/mQwjIKPj5SM

Just saw the video; I thought it was funny that he had a very "not mad, just dissapointed" father vibe, until it semeed that he was actually mad. It seems KT right now is not great for current 40K players wanting to try that game, but could be good for new players using the Octarius teams or the ones that will be released over the next few months.

The cost of rulebook and compedium is BS, though.

radlum
May 13, 2013

Xenomrph posted:

Localized? Hasn’t the “measure in inches” system worked around the world for GW for decades?

I haven't seen an Spanish rulebook in ages, but I remember a WFB rulebook that used "Movement Units (MU)" instead of inches, as in, 1 UM was the same as 1 inch, but I guess they didn't want us to know we were actually using the imperial system.

radlum
May 13, 2013

Desfore posted:

That weird demon baby just makes me think of Kitty Pryde & Lockheed

Now I want to get that model to paint it in X-Men colors

radlum
May 13, 2013

Bottom Liner posted:

I think it all goes through Embracer Group now.

https://embracer.com/release/embrac...-j-r-r-tolkien/

Any idea if that buyout affects GW?

Embracer also owns Asmodee, so my guess is that if there's any more miniatures related to Tolkien's work, it will be made by any of Asmodee's companies (like Atomic Mass Games, who publish Star Wars Legion).

My guess is that eventually AMG will use the Tolkien license to make fantasy models, since currently they only publish sci-fi (Star Wars) and modern (Marvel) miniature games. Don't know how that will affect the current stuff GW does with the LOTR trilogy.

radlum
May 13, 2013
I played Underworlds for the first time today. Had a really good time; fast and easy to learn the basics. I lost both games I played but I got interested in playing more (and finally using the many warbands I bought and never used)

radlum
May 13, 2013
Had my first game of Kill Team, played against another new player. First activation, my sniper one shot his leader (next activation he destroyed one of my gunners with 3. Crits). Great game; can’t wait to play again

radlum
May 13, 2013

Hihohe posted:

I want these doofy dudes!

They look so goofy; I don't play Necromunda but I might get these because they look so funny.

radlum
May 13, 2013
Had my second game of Kill Team last week; it was a lot of fun, though I do need more practice. My game took twice as long as the other games in the store and by the time I conceded, the owner was already closing the store. Still good game, I hope the community here keeps growing.

radlum
May 13, 2013

Al-Saqr posted:

nice dude! what's your team?

Veteran Guardsmen; I'll stick with them but this Friday I was gonna have a game using Intercession Team.

Still, can't be sure if there's gonna be a game, since we had a coup in my country this morning; it has seemingly failed and the president was arrested while trying to flee the country because he got stuck in traffic, so I'm hoping I can still play this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radlum
May 13, 2013

Al-Saqr posted:

What the gently caress which country are you ok? Stay safe!

Just looked up the news… god damnit Pedro… you had one job and that’s not to gently caress up….

When things stabilize would love to see you’re minis when you’re done with them.

Yeah...I can't say its only his fault, Congress, the media, the Prosecutor's Office, everyone was coming after him since day one, but he thought the best course of action was to strike first...in an unconstitutional way and with the support of no one but a third of his ministers. It was very stressful, but at least things have calmed down a bit now, so I think the game on Friday is still on!