Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003
I also owe BunnyX :10Bux:
Other third party sites for BB include:

http://willyminiatures.com
http://www.impactminiatures.com
http://www.rolljordan.com
http://www.greebo-games.com

I'm sure there's more but these are the first that spring to mind. There's usually a few different kickstarters at any one time too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003

Safety Factor posted:

Wanna see that minotaur set up a perfect blitz, roll triple skulls, and fail its loner check for the re-roll.

Triple skulls, pass loner, triple both downs without block or jugger. Nuffle is such a bitch.

That's a superb looking team that doesn't deserve anything that Nuffle dishes out.

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003

MrFlibble posted:

Fan Favorite is +1 FAME modifier to the kick off table, or at least it was. I am also curious to see what Swoop does.

I know it's goblins and I know who cares right, but 30k extra for +1 FAME and d.presence is so not worth it. Thematic yes, waste of money, hell yes.

Our regular BB season is starting up soon. Is there interest in match reports or season summaries? It's a game a month, so there will be quite the gaps in between.

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003
Yes Ogres took a hit by having snots not goblins, but there are much more fundamental issues with the team. High player (and RR) costs, lack of skill access... and bonehead.

All of those things make them what they are, and I enjoy playing them despite all their flaws. Hopefully GW 'gets' that BB teams aren't made equal, and neither should they be.

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003

Safety Factor posted:

Given all that, I'd say they know.

I haven't read WD for a very long time, so this is music to my ears. The new release is great to get new blood but has had me worried at what 'improvements' GW would make.

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003
All depends on the TV you're playing at. Norse are dynamite at <1200 (arguably up to 1500-odd).

HE are positively tier 2 a lot of the time though.

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003
Preamble:

The Sydney League Of Blood Bowlers (SLOBB) has been running for almost 10 years, and in its current incarnation consists of two divisions; Rookie and Premier. Rookie is fresh new 100TV teams, round robin play everyone in the division once. Premier is returning team or new teams @ 110TV, play the teams in your division once and one crossover game against a team in the other division, followed by a finals KO tournament for the top 6 across both divisions.

Premier is into Season 13, which is what I’ll be talking about during these posts. I’m running Norse, Norlanders XI, who have been through a rookie season (5th of 15), and are into their 4th attempt at a Premiership (best finish 3rd). Starting the season they’re sitting at 1750TV and are in quite trim shape. Unfortunately the site we use only shows the current state of the team, so I’m one game in and up a few skills from where the season began. Team is here: http://slobb.talkfantasyfootball.org/index.php?section=objhandler&type=1&obj=2&obj_id=250

What am I facing this season? Well, I’m feeling a bit like I’ve been dicked already. I’ve been drawn with some of the top coaches in Australia and a few other monster teams to play. This is the division I’m up against (Bone Idlers), and my cross-over game is against Conan (Chaos Dwarves): http://slobb.talkfantasyfootball.org/handler.php?type=leaguetables&tour_id=196

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003
SLOBB Season XIII Game 1

With all that said and done I got my first game arranged against Mathfuric and his pink Necro: http://slobb.talkfantasyfootball.org/index.php?section=objhandler&type=1&obj=2&obj_id=43 . Lucky for me he was missing his best Fleshie, Ua da’Man. Teams were quite evenly matched with Norse @ 1750, and Necro @ 1830. I utilised my reasonable warchest and blew 150k gold to hire a wizard as I thought I would need it with only 12 players.

I won FAME (+1), Mathfuric won the toss and decided to kick (I think this was a mistake - Norse suffer from being AV7, and Math had enough MB to take some players off the pitch early on by kicking). We setup, Math’s kick scatters back towards the line of scrimmage, and he promptly rolls a blitz. The blitz is uneventful and results in a stun on my blodge/guard lino, but nothing I can’t recover from. My first turn I pull a few blocks, then attempt to pickup the ball with my Sure-hands thrower, who promptly fumbled it. This gave Math the chance to put the pressure on me, and he got a few TZ’s on the ball - at this point I’m either in big trouble, or if I can free up a few players I think I can probably clear up the situation as Math has committed a lot of his players in the blitz, and there’s only really a no-useful-skills Ghoul left as a sweeper.

By turn 3 or so I manage to clean out and stun both wolves who had made their way to surround the ball, and start to drive up the right side of the pitch. A cheeky 1d from a lino onto the sweeper ghoul is enough to clean up any real chance Math has of getting the ball back in the immediate term, and allows me to focus fire on knocking players down.

I drove as slowly as I could, close to the sideline, and a few fortuitous mistakes from my opponent (failed dodges), allowed me to perform a rolling stall. I picked up a pair of cas but both regened, and I land a T8 TD into the far left corner. By the end of the half both of us have taken a KO - mine comes back, my opponents doesn’t. Since I went first, Math has his T8 which is even less eventful than the rest of the half.

End of first half: Norse 1, Necro 0. 2 CAS to Norse (both regened), and Norse are 1 KO up. This leaves Necro with 13 players (zombie KO) and Norse with their starting 12 - and a wizard. Necro have already lost their first game of the season and with such a short tilt at getting into the finals (7 games), really need to win this to have any chance. I know this means Math will have to push for an early TD then turn me over and score again in the second half.

Second half; Norse setup compact with linesmen on scrimmage duty, blodgers around the edges, ulfs and Snow Troll in the middle, and ball carriers at the back (thrower and +AG). Kick starts in the middle square and dawdles back towards the line, ghoul using Kick-off return to collect, and the Necro start their charge.

First two turns of the half define the game. Necro T9, they drive down the right hand side of the pitch and put both a wolf and wight in scoring range, but in an attempt to farm SPP, spoon a pass between the two ghouls. This leaves the ball partially exposed behind a loose shield of players, but not in any TZ’s. Norse T9 sees me cover the players in scoring range, and punch a half-hole through the Necro to be able to get my thrower onto the ball. Predictably he follows his first half antics by failing the pickup, but this puts a lot of pressure on the Necro not only to clear him off, but to progress the ball down the field out of danger. Necro T10 sees a blitz on the thrower, who is KO’d (taking his leader RR with him), the ball is collected and moved down the field a bit but one of the wolves then fails a 3++ dodge out and causes an early turnover. This is disastrous as the ball carrier is now exposed.

Norse T10 sees a string of KO’s on key players - a wolf, a wight, and then a zombie to boot. Necro are now seriously short of players and exposed, and the ball carrier is duly sacked. Due to some iffy positioning on my part, my +AG player is able to scoop up the ball but isn’t able to do much with it - or himself. Necro T11 sees a 1DB blitz get the ball back, but the +AG wolf isn’t able to capitalise and make a 3+ 3+ to steal away and pick up the TD, tripping, stunning himself and causing another early turn over.

At this point the game is all going gravy for the Norse. The players capable of scoring for Necro are stunned, there’s a ghoul begging to be surfed, and the way down field is almost entirely clear (or clogged with Norse lino’s, ready to sacrifice themselves for the greater good). I am able to execute a flawless pickup and run away over the next two turns, leaving in my wake a few more KO’s, some farmed SPP from passes, and a rather depleted Necro team. The most exciting thing that happened was a series of blocks on ONE block zombie, which went:

Snow Troll: 3DB - both down, both down, both down
….hmmm, ok.
Blitzer: 3DB - both down, both down, both down
Well that’s pretty unusual!
Ulfwerner: 3DB - both down, both down, both down
You have got to be f’ing kidding me. How many both down’s are there on a dice again?
Final blitz from a Runner: 3DB - both down, both down, pow

The fella deserved the MVP right there for having soaked up 11 out of 12 blocks without flinching. Marvellous stuff. If he hadn’t fallen down at the end of that he was going to get a wizard to the face since there was no threat to my ball carrier, and I was in no hurry to use it otherwise. Ended up not getting used at all.

Final result was Norse 2 - 0 Necro. I picked up two skills, a second double on the Snow Troll and a 6+4 on my +AG lino. Also worth noting that for all my AV7, Math managed a grand total of 1 KO all game on me. Keeping players on the pitch certainly swung the game hard in my favour early in the second half when his armour finally cracked.

A great start to the season, giving me a few precious skills and a good chance to appraise where my opponents are at before picking my next match up.

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003
Thanks, glad you appreciated it. I struggled a bit as I don't take notes or pics during the game, but the broad sweep of things is very much correct. The league is 1 game a month, so reports will be a bit intermittent, would love to read reports from other leagues.

In good news though there's the biggest blood bowl tournament in the southern hemisphere coming up at the beginning of July, which I should be attending at least one day of. I'll write up a report from there too if people are interested.

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Werewolves are death. That combo of high speed and claws is savage. God help your opponents if one ever hits ST 4.

And this is just one reason why I love Norse - sucked in killer teams, waste that precious TV on Claw! My team have his the sort of TV where they aren't that tenable for what you get, so unless we move to BB2016 rebuy mechanics (we aren't yet), then I will be out muscled and classed by matching TV teams very shortly. I have ridden a bandwagon of inducements to get this team as far as I have, and now that's running thin.

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003
Zons are a funny lot - you have to rely on dodge (and your odds aren't bad), but you really don't want to have to rely on dodging all the time because Nuffle will take a chunk out of you sooner or later. I played them last Rookie season and found them very hard to win with, and I consider myself to be at least slightly competent.

What I did was to ignore the flavour of the roster and take the most min/max list I could - start with 4 blitzers, 4 RR, and the rest in linos. Gave me enough for an apoth after the first game, and only use the apoth on the blitzers. Pad out with players as soon as you can to get to 13-14, and don't take any positionals other than the blitzers. Skill them up hard and fast (this was where I fell down; mine kept dying) - MB, Guard, Tackle, PO (if your league is playing NAF PO rules and not silly BB2016 ones).

Linos are totally disposable and only there for gang fouling and getting in the way - hit up at least two DP's early on, then blodge/wrestle the rest as they skill. This will probably be quite slowly as you can now simply direct all your MVP's onto your blitzers.

These would be my top tips on playing them:
If you can keep your TV quite low you can get heaps of inducements (hopefully you get wizards still) which will really help as other teams will outstrip what you're capable of quickly.
They break easy, keep spares but don't fire them unless really necessary.
Mv6 is slow. Wrestle is good but in moderation as anything less than a 2-turn touchdown is out of the question, and too many players on the floor is always a problem.
AG3 dodge is a bit dicey but you usually can't afford to leave zons standing round next to opponents too much, so have a little faith in it.
I like zons but I like Norse more.

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003
Nice match report. You've done well to get full positionals and a nice smattering of skills over a Necro team at that TV. They can be a real chore at low TV due to high positional cost and count.

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003
Never feel bad for taking Orcs to task. Never.

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003

Thundercloud posted:

Hi guys - I'm selling an old metal Skaven team and the old goblin star players.

Skaven Blood Bowl team (12 players) with three additional metal gutter runners and metal mutant star player (need stripping) - £25 (+4 if need to be posted 2nd class recorded).
3 metal goblin star players (need stripping) - £12 (+3 if need to be posted 2nd class recorded).

Will you post to Australia? I'm super interested in the Skaven. I don't have PM's but if you're interested (and haven't sold them yet) you can email me at mills dot j dot richard at gmail dot com If you absolutely can't post to Aus then I can potentially get a UK address. I'm that interested :)

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003

Safety Factor posted:

They're only missing two catchers. Are four catchers that critical for pro elves?

3+ is the norm, so it's a bit of a bind.

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003
Well coached goblins are my nemesis. Always ends up either with losses or phyrric victories.

Badly coached goblins are just gravy :)

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003
The only Norse who get wrestle are Ulf's, and even that is a bit of a push. MB, PO (if its not the BB2016 rules), tackle, and other killstack skills are how blitzers go.

Had a fantastic TT game earlier in the week where my Norse took on a monster stat freak Orc team. Has almost 500k of inducements, took Wilhelm, wizard and an extra apothecary since I've been mauled by this team before.

This time it all went right. A few turns into the first half I pinned a bunch of his players to the sideline, then over the course of two turns I surfed four of them, along with a cas and KO. Pretty much won me the game right there.

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003
Looking for some BB roster help for a tournament. Am trying to make the most abusive and unfriendly roster out of the teams I have available. This is the ruleset that the tournament is running under:

quote:

4 games
24 standard naf teams
1150000 tv
No Star players, minimum 11 player roster
Inducements allowed from Death Zone season 1
Skills may be purchased for players at 20000 for a normal or 30000 for a double, only one skill may be purchased for each player.

I have teams that can fill in for: Humans, Norse, Amazon, Vamps, Pact, Ogres and Underworld - can probably borrow Undead/Necro/Khemri at a push.

Out of this what's the shittiest rosters I can build? The unlimited skills tells me I can spam them with a cheap team. Doubles probably gets me lots of MB/Guard/dodge, normals block/DP.

I'm expecting to face a reasonable amount of humans, dwarves and orcs as I think there will be a reasonable number of newer or returning players (before anyone comments on this, I've already checked with the TO and been told I can bring whatever filth I like). Dwarves, CD, and a few others are strong at this sort of tournament so I expect them to be rampant.

Redvenom fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Oct 26, 2017

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003

GoodBee posted:

I like playing Amazons because I always play in leagues that start with fresh teams and I feel like they start off really strong. They seem to fizzle out for me after about 6 or 7 games, which is about when I start to burn out on Bloodbowl. I haven't tried them tournament style though but their fairly low cost sounds like you could get a lot of varying utility skills.

Skaven also have a GW box set out now so I would probably expect to see some of those too.

I think they would suffer under these rules just because there will be a fair bit of tackle.

On the lists, this is what I have so far:
Norse
10x lino w/ MB
Yheti w/ MB
2 RR

OR

Swap lino MB for all guard.

Amazon
4x blitzers, 3 guard 1 sure hands
8x lino, 5 wrestle 3 DP
3 RR

All are great big gently caress you lists, the all MB Norse probably the least effective in actuality but gives me the biggest giggle.

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003

ineptmule posted:

Ha, I was still assuming you’d build a regular-looking team! All Guard Norse would be a nightmare to play against for sure.

I wasn't kidding when I said great big gently caress you lists :)

I think those are probably some of the more broken attempts out of the models I have available, but if there are any other takers I'm happy to listen!

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003
Sheer volume of blocks (and block prevention against me), on average, should wear the opponent down. Doesn't have to be a pitch clear, just numerical advantage. The odd KO, CAS, a few stuns - that's enough to make a decisive drive.

AG3 isn't the end of the world for ball handling. Just need to be careful against elves, otherwise use the crushing weight of 2d blocks and inability to be blocked to prevent access to the ball/carrier. It's a pretty tedious gameplan but not out of the realms of possibility.

I'm leaning towards the Amazon roster at the moment, only because I've played so much Norse and swore at the last tournament I would never ever take them again. Oh how easily I forget...

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003
You know, if I had a gobbo team or could borrow one, this would absolutely be the plan. Love it.

Actually, have Ogres, maybe this works with snots....

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003
I don't think Ogres are viable - I did the numbers and the low TV nature of the tournament means it's hard to make work.

4 Ogres w/ 2 doubles 2 normal
10 snots w/ 5 doubles
2RR

I mean I could either drop more Ogres (I wouldn't go below 5 out of choice) or move the skills, but snots are so spectacularly bad that even then it's not particularly feasible. I could run the above and take 4 DP + Leader on the snots, which isn't the worst idea I've ever had.

If I had Dwarves or other boring teams I'd spam guard or MB, but really nothing else is springing to mind to break this ruleset.

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003

ineptmule posted:

Where is this tourno by the way? It sounds like fun.

Sydney, Australia. Probably short notice for most people on this forum :) April/May next year there's a team tournament in Sydney, so if anyone was thinking of a holiday... probably going to be one of the two biggest events on the calendar next year in the antipodes.

Marmaduke! posted:

The ogre team would not work at all. Fun and out there for sure, but not abusive in the least. Norse idea sounds good but surely you'd want to give block to your big guy..

Only reason not to is because I can't afford it. Claw/MB with all that guard hopefully ensures 3d blocks and minimises nuffle fails.

I'd like the idea of Underworld and Ogres more if I could skill stack, then that could end up seriously abusive. Guard/Two Heads, Two Heads/wrestle on gobbos or the dauntless, guard snots is hilarious to get 2d on caged ball carriers.

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003

ineptmule posted:

So the London Blood Bowl Grand Tournament 2018 (May 18-20) has opened for registration. I’m never going to place highly in the rankings so I’ve decided to pursue the ‘Inflict the most casualties’ trophy. I therefore need to make the killiest team I possibly can.

Anyone experienced with Gobbos able to offer some advice?

If there's an award for it, go for most fouls. Most cas is then just a bonus.

What's the TV? If its 115 or so you should be able make something bitchin with gobbos.

If gobbos are the go then since you have doubles access go for 2 DP, 3 bribes, and work the rest around that. Trolls, a few special weapons, lots of bodies. Game plan is knock people down and big gang fouls. Use the bribes for fouls not special weapons, foul every possible chance you get.

Note, I'm not a gobbo coach in any way shape or form. However I HAVE been on the receiving end of this exact roster a few times and under the hands of a reasonable coach, I've never beaten it. gently caress gobbos.

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003

TheChirurgeon posted:

Are byes good to have? Seems like you'd get screwed on advancement

Depends if your objective is team advancement or to win the playoffs. One less chance to be knocked out.

I'm in the same situation where I topped our TT league division, so get a bye on the first round of playoffs. Having been knocked out at that stage before I'm very happy for the bye this time round!

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003
18 months, two supplements, an almanac and a bunch of FAQ's later, GW finally gets around to reverting to the LRB6 method of inducements.... on Facebook:

http://www.sann0638.co.uk/ruling-on-inducements/

...which will be included in the next FAQ. Not in the almanac they just released. Or in an interim FAQ. Or anywhere else.

:drat:

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003
Holy poo poo you might as well kill yourself now and save the enormous sense of self loathing you're going to have after your first game. Dwarves are equally as dull to play as they are to face.

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003

muggins posted:

Why do people revere that game so much, lol

I don't, I loathe it, but I need some hobbies?

I just got smashed and lost 3-2 to Halflings (1310tv) with Norse (1880tv). This was in the semi-final KO's of our league - a win would've put me into the final and given me a reasonable shot to win (against Skaven probably).

Took 7 cas and more KO's than I care to remember. poo poo sucked end to end.

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003

glitchkrieg posted:

Also would anybody be interested in a match report for the Blood Bowl final I was involved in? Necromantic vs. High Elves.

Always interested in this.

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003

The Sex Cannon posted:

Is anyone else playing (or has played) Blood Bowl at Adepticon? I have some questions about the rules.

1. Skill packs: Why would anyone take anything but the Standard Skill Pack (5 normal skills to 5 different players, and a 6th normal or doubles skill to a 6th player)?

2. Roster resets: It says that rosters reset after every game, and gives the example that "all casualties are healed". Doe this mean all SPPs are reset, too?

3. I know what the CRP is, but they reference BB16/17 a lot, and I'm not sure what those are. Are those just shorthand names for the recent GW releases of Blood Bowl's rules?

I've never played BB at Adepticon but can probably help with your questions.

1. The standard skill pack is by far the best option for most teams. I guess the others are there for variety but really they suck unless all you want is an AG5 and a MA10 Gutter Runner.

2. Sounds like the format is resurrection rather than progression. This means you don't earn spp between games, cas don't carry over, and you don't worry about winnings or other post-game actions. It's very common amongst BB tournaments because getting wrecked first game really puts the mockers on having fun for the rest of the tournament.

3. Yes, exactly that. It's the new iteration of Bloodbowl plus the supplements Death Zone 1 & 2.

What are you thinking of taking? All the low TV teams look good at this and the results for the last few years bear that out - Orcs, Dwarves, CD, Norse and Undead. Halflings look good with the right coach due to the free Master Chef (which is pretty preposterous).

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003

The Sex Cannon posted:

This would be the time to have a Troll with Block, but I don't own a troll :(

Yeesh, he's right, you are a bad ham for this (this was going to be my first suggestion too).

I would drop the Apoth and take another lino. Given the limited skills I doubt you'll be up against any killer teams and the extra body would probably serve you better. For skills I'd say block the BO's and Thrower, then tackle on a Blitzer. Guard would be nice but you have 4 st4 players which should help in that regard, and if you face anything with dodge (or worse, blodge), you will be gnashing your teeth trying to knock them over.

On your drive use the thrower as the ball carrier and run it up the pitch if you can (because of sure hands + block). On your opponents drive hang back the tackler as a sweeper. Oh and kill everything. Good solid Orc playbook!

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003

The Sex Cannon posted:

sorry about not having a troll, guys. i've always thought big guys are a waste of points

Oh they can be. I went a really long time never taking them because they were too unreliable. Then I spent a season in our league playing Pact, then Ogres....

I think in a roster like this especially they can be a boon to the team. They act as a great roadblock, can mark and soak up attention, and are stupidly resilient. It does help not to fall into the trap of always thinking you have to do something with them. Sometimes just standing there and getting in the way is better than having to roll dice and risk them going dumb.

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003
30 coaches! What I wouldn't do for 30 coaches.

Actually our league has probably 30-ish coaches over two divisions. Not necessarily active at any one time; maybe 20 in one go. Second biggest league in the country (pipped by ~35 active coaches).

Those two are pretty much the mainstay of Australian bloodbowl.

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003

moths posted:

And here I was hoping they'd fix vampire teams.

They did, Pro is now 3+ not 4+. What really destroys them is the new WTR and rebuy rules as the TV between seasons is going to crush all their hopes and dreams of keeping players.

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003
Blood bowl should always be the box on top because it should always be the one you reach for first.

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003
To me Bloodbowl is 100% a tabletop game, all of the online variants are just a pale imitation. Enjoy your leagues you lucky buggers and pour some Ogres for me.

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003

berzerkmonkey posted:

Triple skulls?
reroll
How about Triple skulls?

Sorry did you say...

Blitz to score with Ogres and win the game
Successful Bonehead
Triple skulls?
Successful loner reroll!
punches the air in relief, rerolls
How about Triple skulls?
Cas roll, dead
Apo
Dead.

My poo poo Ogre life in a nutshell :w00t:

The funny thing being that if that was during a TT game I would laugh until I collapsed. If that was online I would probably rip my hair out and run around like I was on fire. That's why TT is so good in comparison.

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003

Major Isoor posted:

Hey, just wondering...does anyone have tips for playing against Chaos Dwarves with Amazons in Blood Bowl 2? I managed to win 2-0 against the dark elves in the first game of this season in my friends' league, however one of my blitzers died and another is MNG...so currently I'm down two blitzers, so it's looking rather bleak.

I'm pretty unfamiliar with Chaos Dwarves, but guessing I should mostly try to avoid being tangled up with his dwarves, so that he has to blitz to attack with them. And I assume I should gang up on his hobgoblins where possible, in order to remove his more agile players. Aside from that though, I've got no idea! I feel like I'm very much unlikely to win this game, but I'm hoping I can scrape by with a tie at best, or at least reduce the amount of injuries I take.

Sometimes you just get bad matchups - and for you this (along with dwarves) is one of them.

You're right, try and tie up or screen off his slow moving dwarves, run away and target the hobgobs if you can as they are likely his ball carriers. If you have enough bodies then you can foul any of his expensive players (bulls, dwarves) that end up on the floor and hope for the best. Good luck!

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003

Major Isoor posted:

That BB table looks good! I play BB2 on Steam with friends a lot, so I've always been tempted to start a physical team. Although I'm not sure how often I'd actually be able to use it though, if I do ever get one :v:

Anyway, just wondering...are there any paint storage cases you guys recommend? Mostly for Citadel paints of all sizes (mostly the little base pots, but also the taller texture paints and contrasts) but I've also got some random Vallejo paints that I wouldn't mind popping in there too, if possible.
At this point all I can really find are some official GW ones like this one and this bigger one but I dunno, $80AUD for a small case isn't super appealing..

Given you are talking AU$ and BB then there are a number of table top leagues round the country depending on your location. Perth, Adelaide, Melbourne and Sydney all have active (or activating after the lockdowns I guess?) leagues that I know of. There's also a couple of excellent AU/NZ timezone leagues on fumbbl which are very competitive but rookie friendly.

Can't help with paint cases but if you are looking for smaller cases for a BB team then KR were always very good back in the day: https://www.krcases.com/ Back when there used to be tournaments every month or two they were great for prize support, and my cases have lasted me for years of being carted around the country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003
Is there such thing as 3rd party Blood Bowl boards any more, or now that GW has run hard with BB16/20 and team pitches is that a thing of the past?

I still have a 28mm(?) pitch in perfect condition but I guess it doesn't cut the mustard any more.