Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

I haven't actually played Kill Team yet, I'm still assembling by first team (while waiting for my second to ship because wargamer) but I've been using Battlescribe filtered though dataslate.rocks and I really like the way it lays out the information and rules. It seems like it will be very convenient at the table.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

What would a bespoke Grey Knights team even be? I'm new to KT and the 40k world but I've read the Grey Knights codex three or four times since they're my Kill Team and if (when) I surrender to the allure of the combat patrol box will be my 40k force and I'm kind of at a loss to come up with any version of them that's not just the Compendium team but maybe with more interesting equipment. I guess Paladins maybe but KT doesn't have anything on 40mm bases does it?

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Al-Saqr posted:

Is it strictly only 2 players only? Or can you expand it somehow to 3 or four players?

The Kill Team Annual 2022 has rules for three and four player games.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

I bought the Compendium because Grey Knights are my starting KT and then to have access to all the other rules in there and honestly it was not worth it.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Crackbone posted:

To stir up the hornets nest - GW games from a rules perspective kinda suck.

Being really new to GW and having played only a handful of Kill Team games and read a shitload of 40k rulebooks, what I've come to realize is that GW has pretty decent rules but they explain them and lay them out in just the worst possible ways. Like, Engage and Conceal orders are super important in KT and they mention them pretty early on but don't ever actually explain the rules implications of them, those are divvied up in other sections, which is not unreasonable but also makes it much more complicated to grasp and explain to new players.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

JcDent posted:

Some weebs from Spain somehow manage to have a free army builder that's immediately updated with all the new profile changes and is hyperlinked to a rule wiki.

I know Wahapedia, but which one is this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

a7m2 posted:

Infinity, a different (better) skirmish game

Ah, yeah I tried Infinity a few years ago and it's not my thing. Terrible rules nesting and a deeply Eurocentric POV for the Oceanic faction (Joan of Arc at the great hero? A war college named after a loving Nazi?) though I admit I haven't look at the most recent edition. Here I thought there was another option for 40k army builders beyond BattleScribe.