Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
GW could have always taken a different directions with their dorf beards. Improvement, yes or no?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
I'm excited for that orc and black goblin even if they are shown off with weird paint jobs. I am more excited for this though:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/04/27/iron-hills-chariot-coming-soon-to-middle-earth/

Does Forge World tend to bring this stuff with them to conventions? I'll be at Origins in June and hope I can pick up somethings directly then.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
I love the game myself but yeah, no one to play it with :(

Based on the main facebook group for the game it is still rather large in the UK.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
So excite!

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)

JcDent posted:

I think there are vehicular combat games out there, but no infantry component.

This is the most recent one I am aware of (its pretty good, but yeah, no infantry)

http://www.wordforgegames.com/shop/devils-run-shop

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
When are those made to order teams going up for sale? Do they always put them up on the same day after the announcement or something?

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
Anyone have any good recommendations for Necromunda terrain? It can be official GW, good laser cut stuff, whatever. Just wondering where is a good place to start for 3d terrain when you don't have any.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
Thanks for all the suggestions, those all look like great options. Here's a related question. I have access to a laser cutter with a 12"x24" bed. Do any of you know of any decent AI files, free or sold, for laser cutting out Necromunda terrain?

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)

berzerkmonkey posted:

I don't know how good you are with Corel (I assume that's what you still use for laser cutting?) but there are scans of the original NM terrain out there. You could make yourself a really sharp looking OG NM table from MDF PDQ IMO. Sorry. I had to do that.

Can you get access to that super thin MDF? I was looking around in the US, and it's pretty rare, as far as I can tell - most of the places that carried it were in the UK and shipping was prohibitively expensive.

I actually use Adobe Illustrator for this, but it would be totally doable, if I had scans of the NM terrain, to just trace them and do laser cuts that way. I may try and do that...

Seconding Ashcans, what do you mean by superthin? Is it actually MDF or are you talking about chipboard (the same stuff board game pieces are made out of)?

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)

Beerdeer posted:

There's a guy on Patreon called Marchen Play who does plans and has a giant set of platform and gantry scenery. I give him a couple bucks every time he puts out a plan. I really like his work.

https://www.patreon.com/marchen/posts

This looks pretty promising, though I wish you could get a preview pic of the stuff that is for patreons only. I would totally throw him some bucks if I knew what I was getting for it.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
Here are some actual roller derby miniatures if you want to go third party and convert them to necromunda. I think it would be easier, honestly.

http://www.impactminiatures.com/?option=search&search=roller+derby&Submit=+Search+

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
I love the lotr game, played it a ton a decade ago when the store had people that played. then I moved to the east coast where apparently no one cares about the game.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
Can't you get in touch with the drivers after the ride if you have to? I mean, the app tells you who drove you?

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)

Chakan posted:

An old friend passed away a few years ago, and other friends gave me all of his warhammer related stuff, so I have two old Necromunda boxes with various parts missing but I don't have a desire to play necromunda for a lot of reasons. As far as I can tell, the only stuff that's probably of interest is the sprues of (orlock? is that the default?) gangers, but if anyone wants this stuff I'll send it to you. I can take additional pictures tonight if you want to look at something in particular, but it will all be with my phone. I'm fine with sending it to the US, beyond that we might be able to work something out?

fe: the link works for me, but if it doesn't for others, I'll fix it when I'm not on my phone.

I would love that stuff, even just one of the boxes. The bulkheads and other stuff would go to good use in our new necromunda league my club just started up.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
We're starting a league tomorrow at 500 points and I have been woefully underprepared. I just made up a quick Escher gang, does it look half way decent?

Unburnt Witches
Gang Type Escher
Gang Rating: 495
Reputation 0
Turf Size 1

Yolandie
Leader
M WS BS S T W I A Ld Cl Wil Int Cost Adv XP
5 3+ 3+ 3 3 2 2+ 3 5+ 6+ 6+ 7+ 185 0 0
Wargear: Power Sword, Autopistol, Laspistol, Flak Armor,
Skills: Mentor

Righteous Suzy
Champion
5 3+ 3+ 3 3 2 2+ 2 6+ 7+ 6+ 6+ 160 1 0
Wargear: Power Sword, Autogun, Lasgun, Flak Armor,
Skills: Step Aside

Desperanda
Ganger
5 4+ 4+ 3 3 1 3+ 1 7+ 8+ 7+ 7+ 75 0 0
Wargear: Stiletto Knife, Lasgun, Flak Armor,

Cheese Wanda
Ganger
5 4+ 4+ 3 3 1 3+ 1 7+ 8+ 7+ 7+ 75 0 0
Wargear: Stiletto Knife, Lasgun, Flak Armor,

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
Yeah, I guess you are right on the multiple pistols, I'll drop one of those.

I think the organizer wants to keep the games a little shorter and make the game seem less intimidating at first which is why we have a 500 point start. No idea if it will work out that way or not.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)

Pierzak posted:

Did somebody say Warmaster? :haw:

What are the current go-tos wrt 10mm fantasy minis? Specifically generic undead. Pendraken?

Make your own for undead, I did these with a bunch of a 10mm LOTR failed cast minis:

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
Nope, at least not in 10mm.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
I'm doing a research project that partially will be comparing the differences between the original Escher and the new (2017) Escher. Those of you that played Old Necromunda, do you know which of the original rule books are the best ones to look at for both Escher stats and Escher fluff? I have all of the novels already but looking into how they are portrayed to the players in both stats and flavor now.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
Awesome, thanks!

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
Does anyone know who the designers of the 2017 version of necromunda are? I need to cite the rule book for the bibliography of a chapter I am writing and for some reason the designers are not listed in the book.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)

Schadenboner posted:

The reason is that Hams are literally the worst and sent death threats to codex writers when their waifu/husbandu units got nerfed.

I think the correct citation form is:

E: (Turabian/Chicago citation supremacy, APA and MLA can gently caress right off.)

What? That's ridiculous, but I shouldn't be surprised. Thanks anyway, and yeah, Chicago all the way.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
I love it but dont know anyone else that has models in Philly. It seems pretty big in the UK from the Facebook groups I am on.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)

Xlorp posted:

Anyone looking to get into Blood Bowl and needs teams? I have an old WHFB box with classic Bloodbowl, plus some Deathzone stuff.
5 metal teams, plus the two base plastic ones. No star players, painting status is mixed from none to three colors neat.
* Norse, metal
* Skaven, metal
* Dark elves, metal
* Dwarves. metal
* Wood Elves, metal
* Orc, plastic
* Human, plastic
Could this go to all one place? Lotta house and storage purging has to move forward.

I don't know what you want for this all but I could actually use it for the small blood bowl collection I maintain at the university library I work at.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)

Xlorp posted:

This is intriguing. Urge to know more intensifies...

Not too much to tell. I run what is essentially a digital humanities lab in the library of a large university and I run a lot of game based programs and am growing a game collection for people to use for research, pedagogy, and entertainment. We have the Blood Bowl base box set for people to use as it is and play Gas Lands fairly regularly since we can teach people how to design in 3d and use making tech like 3D printers and then have them use what they made in the game.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
I don't think anyone at a FLGS is going to care. Its at GW stores you may run into problems.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)

goodness posted:

Just about every epic model has been released for free/very low cost on Thingiverse and Cults3D, and there are a few groups that post them as they release like 40k Makers discord.

Do you have a link for this discord?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)

No. 1 Juicy Boi posted:

Speaking of local gaming trends, if anyone is in the greater Philly area and wants to play these dumb dead games, let me know.

Where are you exactly? I am in Philadelphia. I built up a huge set of armies for Lord of the Rings Warmaster I have yet to get the table. Epic and other things sound interesting I just don't have any units for those games.