Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
I wouldn't rule out Lucius pattern stuff making a return if this proves to be sufficiently popular. They said that the titan sprues were designed to be swapped out with like-for-like replacements, so they may even be able to do Lucius armour plates as an alternate sprue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

That's a lot more plastic than I expected when they said it had 8 models. AT looks like a really slick product range too, with all the little details like modular buildings, custom dice, counters, etc. Looking forward to seeing all the new stuff due later in the year.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
AT pre-order August 11th, released 18th

No confirmation on prices yet though

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/08/05/next-week-the-titans-walk/

Still no confirmation on prices, but they did clarify on Facebook that the Grandmaster Edition isn't a limited run and can be bought from stores & third-party stores.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
I had expected more AT chat going on in this thread. Hopefully no one has to paint a swastika-festooned titan to get some posting going...

Has anyone managed to get any games in yet? Everyone at my local club who bought in on launch day is still assembling and I probably won't get a game this week. In my rush to get some playable models ready I've made a couple of stupid assembly mistakes that had to be broken and re-done. Luckily I used superglue on the titans rather than poly cement so the damage isn't too noticeable. My one (minor) complaint about the Grand Master set is that they didn't include a couple of old-school cardboard pop-up titans to quickly get up and running with. It's especially needed with the new Warlord being such a complex kit that needs be painted in sub-assemblies.

The model & terrain at launch, while limited, really are on another level. The detail on the units is incredible and really show how far GW have come since the 3-piece Knight Paladins I started gaming with in the mid-nineties. Right now I'm halfway through assembling the terrain, and find it amazing how well they're designed. The various sections stack like lego, so I won't be stuck with the same terrain layouts for every game. For once I'm actually looking forward to buying more scenery and filling a table.
Really can't wait to see the Reaver kit in a few weeks.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
Look what I just found in my drawer of old boxes...

The plastic ruins have aged pretty well, especially compared to the original cardboard Epic stuff. Combined with the civitas stuff in the GME box that should be enough for a full 4x4 table.

moths posted:

I haven't built one yet, is the carapace armor easily magnetized? I wanted to do red bodies with Firewasp striped carapace, but I'd also like to swap the horus pads on for Legio Mortis.

It'll be tricky because the armour plate with the alternate pattern sits underneath two other plates. I glued all three together as a sub-assembly for easier painting.

On the upside, it's very easy to swap Knight weapons with 2mm magnets.

Now I just need to find some appropriately sized powerfists to make a Gallant banner.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

berzerkmonkey posted:

How well do they scale next with AT? I've got a TON that I never built for Epic because it was easier to haul the cardboard and plastic buildings around.

Pretty close imo. The taller ruins can completely obscure a warhound or knight and likely help protect bigger titans.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
Reavers are apparently only £35 / $60 USD rrp, almost half the cost of a Warlord. I was expecting closer to £45-50, so being able to field three together is much more realistic and makes Titanicus itself look a bit more affordable.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

ijyt posted:

Cool great post, meanwhile £35 Reavers means I'm totally getting into AT and hard. Seems to mostly costly part of it will be the terrain!
When the prices first came out I said that Warlords were priced like that because they were comparable to Knights / Primaris Repulsors in 40k; a heavy support unit that most armies won't want more than 1-2 of. I'm happy to see that confirmed with the mainstay Reaver unit being priced like Intercessors. I also bet that once the Warhound has been out a little while, we see some maniple boxes released with multiple titans for a discount a bit like a Start Collecting box.

The terrain is also in a pretty good place. I picked up the Civitas Sector box at the weekend and it's enough for the standard 4x4 table, which isn't something you can do the for the same amount of money in 40k. Thanks to the stacking feature, it's very adaptable. If after a couple of games you decide you need higher buildings to block LoS, or more short buildings to block movement, you can change things up without buying more. You're not bound by how you assembled the buildings on day 1.

JcDent posted:

I wouldn't mind a Warlord holding some Warhounds on a leash, but the game is not gonna be played here, so...

1989 Golden Demon says hi

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
They even specifically designed and tested it around using only 1 titan per side so it was easier to get started.

In other news:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/08/28/28th-aug-adeptus-titanicus-part-11-reaver-battle-titansfw-homepage-post-1/

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
I built 3 Reavers and didn't have any trouble at all. Managed to get a different pose from each of them and magnetising the arm weapons was no harder than doing the same for my nids.

Some of the armour plates are still attached to the sprue while being painted though, so I haven't seen them 100% complete yet.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
Happy to have a full maniple complete a week after my Reavers arrived:

I'm holding off on transfers for now in case FW release any legion-specific / full-colour ones, as the regular transfers don't have much variation.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
The big problem with AT is that it relies on fairly complex kits that pretty much have to be painted in sub-assemblies for a good result, along with a new scale of terrain that few will have and core models being drip-fed over the first couple of months. That means there's no real momentum going to get people playing the game. Despite quite a few people at my local club buying in on day 1 I've yet to see a single game arranged because everyone wants to finish painting their Warlords before assembling them, and many are working on other projects first.
Compare it to Blood Bowl or Necromunda where you can have your full team assembled in one evening and play on a pre-made gameboard, there was a lot more activity from day 1.

I think it can work with this slow burn start if GW have the right releases prepared to follow up. Say if they drop the Titandeath expansion around xmas with shiny new stuff like Cerastus Knights, Chaos titans or psi-titans. Then at the same time release a 'getting started' maniple boxed set of the core titans that gives a balanced starting force for under £100.

Moose-Alini posted:

Those are great. They look super sharp. Did you do paint before putting on armor? I hate doing that but don’t know if it’s too frustrating to paint it up all assembled. All my warlords are out together with piles of armor at their feet.

Thanks. Yeah I learned from my Warlords and this time left as many of the armour parts as possible on the sprue, clipping them out when it was time to paint the metal trim. It's much easier than having a big pile of bits to organise.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/11/12/12th-nov-coming-soon-from-forge-world-new-titans-knights-and-morefw-homepage-post-2/

The first weapon sprue is coming soon - but you have to buy a full Warlord to get it. Gonna give this a pass as I don't need a 3rd Warlord.

Interesting that you get two plasma annihilators, two heads and alternative front armour instead of the little tilting shields.

Also these cool dudes, although no confirmation if they're resin or plastic:

xtothez fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Nov 12, 2018

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Gripweed posted:

It seems like they're making a lot of questionable decisions with this game.

It's probably just GW doing what they've been doing a lot lately with content they expect to be popular; release it in an expensive box alongside existing content first so the impatient folk pay more, then drop a cheap set some time later. Just like the Armigers in Forgebane or Aberrants in Tooth & Claw.

I'm expecting that they'll either:
a) Release the sprue as a direct-only item in a few months, or
b) Release a boxed set of all the plastic weapon options once they're all out

I'm tempted by the Lancers, although wait until an order qualifies for free shipping so they'll likely wait for now.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Judging from the phrasing I'm guessing this is going to be a direct-only release like the extra command terminals, which means a premium price and no 3rd-party discounts. Still, that's better than buying a 3rd Warlord or 4th Reaver.

Glad I magnetised the heads on one each of my current titans as I really like the new alternate options. The Reaver sprue also looks like it comes with a volcano cannon too, which will be a handy long-range option to fit alongside all these apoc launchers.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
If anyone was looking at getting into Adeptus Titanicus but missed out on the discount with the Grand Master edition, the new battlegroup set is up for preorder now. It's basically a full playable army for £100 (~£80 from discounters like Element Games) with the two Warhounds free.

My boxes of tiny Cerastus knights just arrived, along with some Warhounds I'd held off on buying until now. Pretty excited for more tiny massive robots.

panascope posted:

Cross-post. Finished most of my titans.

I like the red gradient effect, are they airbrushed?

xtothez fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Dec 1, 2018

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
The price for the AT Titandeath expansion is confirmed as a reasonable £22, and the new Reaver box is the same price as the current one.

The new Warlord weapon sprue is definitely direct-only as expected, so no discount. I'm really curious what the price will be on buying it separately as it's basically 1/3rd of the kit, so could be £20-25 depending how they round it.

It might be better value to just buy the full alternate weapon titan boxes at 25% off.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

berzerkmonkey posted:

My issue with this option is that I really don't want a half-dozen Warlords (or however many GW decides to put out weapon options for.)

I think in the last Twitch video they said this would be it for plastic weapons, and the other options would all be done in resin. A couple have been developed that way already and are awaiting release.

This would be a 3rd Warlord and 4th Reaver for me; I'd be tempted to use at least one of them as a cool objective / scenery piece.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
Based on the NZ site it looks like the Warlord weapon sprue will be £25 separately. That £49 Warlord box from a 3rd party seller looks more tempting...

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Thundercloud posted:

Surprisingly I've sold 5 sprues with the 10% discount I put on direct only items.

I'm also doing a special offer of the New Reaver + Titan Death book for £45.

https://toomanymetalmen.selz.com/categories/adeptus-titanicus

Do you do free shipping over a certain spend like GW?

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

G1mby posted:

Is there any indication that they plan to reprint the Grandmaster box?

At release they said it would be restocked 'early next year'. I'm hoping they mention it at the Heresy event next weekend.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
Warlord resin Quake Cannon and Macro Gatling Blaster weapons, new plastic buildings and transfers all coming soon for AT.

The main AT presentation is tomorrow morning so hopefully they have a bit more to show.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

That seems insanely wrong.

Yeah I get the impression they're exaggerating a bit. Still would be pretty huge though, most likely 40k Acastus Knight or Warhound scale.

I'd love to see a modern take on the Imperator as the model would look fantastic, but I'm not sure it would work well with the current AT rules. It would skew things in the same way as bringing a titan to a 40k game.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
Managed to squeeze in another game of AT, this time with a much wider selection of weapons having bought the new Warlord sprue and two of the new Reaver boxes.

Took a Gryphonicus Myrmidon maniple with:
Warlord - Double volcano cannon / apoc launchers
Warlord - Double sunfury / laser blasters
Reaver - Volcano cannon / gatling / apoc launcher / extra armour
Reaver - Chainfist / powerfist / turbolaser
Reaver - Melta cannon / laser blaster / turbolaser

The new weapon options added a ton of new depth to the game compared to last time I played. The melta cannon in particular just deleted anything it hit; from killing both Cerastus in the first turn to landing double critical hits on an enemy Reaver's head. My opponent caught me off guard with a blind barrage stratagem and got a Reaver up close to my Warlord, only for his powerfist to punch my titan 3" straight backwards allowing it to shoot normally again! My own Reaver had a similar 'oops' moment as it chopped the leg off a Warhound, only for the scout titan to topple forward and inflict a fatal blow on the Reaver.

In summary, giant robots are both cool & good.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
There's something appealing about double warlord gatling blasters plus the carapace gatlings when they come out. Maximum dakka.

I'm holding off on buying any FW weapons until the reaver ones are out. Could really use some more carapace options, especially the warp missile. Hopefully they'll do some of the classic weapons too with new cards.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

what're the chances we ever see one of those beefy warhound-sized knights now that they're doing knight-only lists?

Corrode posted:

100% chance that we'll see every type of knight going imo. They're super popular.

Apparently that new book specifically includes the option to use Acastus Knights in a lance alongside Questoris and Cerastus. Hopefully that means the models are not far away.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/05/14/adeptus-titanicus-downloadable-command-terminalsgw-homepage-post-2fw-homepage-post-1/

Downloadable PDF command terminals for Adeptus Titanicus. GW seem to have underestimated demand and they keep going out of stock.

It says Titans will be included but I only see a link for Knights atm. The link has just been edited and now includes Titan terminals too.

xtothez fucked around with this message at 15:41 on May 14, 2019

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Booley posted:

Click the link and scroll down.

This was the original link before they changed it https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/AT-Knights-Web.pdf

New one is https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/AT-Command-Terminals.pdf

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
Basically the Grand Master Edition was designed to give a two-player mirrored match up, while the Battleforce set is more of a 'Start Collecting' set for one army. At launch a lot of people were splitting the GME box between two people.

AT was also designed both to work better with unbalanced army sizes, so don't worry about needing to have exactly matched points on each side. You can definitely use the battleforce to do something like this:

1 Warlord versus 1 Reaver & 1 Warhound
1 Warlord & 1 Warhound versus 1 Reaver & 1 Warhound & Knights

Something to note is that it's sooooo much easier to paint these models if you do it in sub-assemblies, leaving armour panels on the sprue until mostly done. You may also want to magnetise the weapons as there's an increasing range of plastic & resin options designed to be swapped out. Your first few games might be with bare robot skeletons which doesn't look as impressive, but does pay off in the longer term.

xtothez fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Jun 3, 2019

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Tiny Chalupa posted:

I shot them a email, seeing what they offer price wise. Basically these are the 2 bundles I'm debating between. Thoughts overall? Should I grab the extra sprue's for magnetizing fun immediately or wait?

Horus Heresy Rules Set
Titan Battlegroup
1x Imperial Knights
1x Imperial Cerastus Knights
Titandeath Campaign Book
Doom of Molech Campaign Book

2nd Bundle:
Grand Master Edition
Warhound Scout Titans
Titandeath Campaign Book
Doom of Molech Campaign Book

The 2nd bundle is obviously missing the Cerastus Knights, who seem boss as gently caress, and a Reaver. But either bundle gets me all the various Legions I can make

poo poo I don't even know if this game is played near me but if I got to post up at my local GW and get people to play myself I will

The extra weapon sprues direct from GW aren't great value for money unless you already own all the titans you plan to buy. If you're just starting out you're better off getting the alternate build kits. Personally I'd go with the first bundle plus the Melta Cannon Reaver kit instead of the weapon sprue. That gives you a total of 8 weapons to mix between 2 Reavers.

If you have to drop anything to stay within a budget, Doom of Moloch is largely focused on Knight-heavy armies; unless a specific Titan Legion inside appeals you'll need at least a dozen Knights to make the most of the rules in it. I wouldn't consider it a priority for a first purchase.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
Reavers 4 lyfe dude

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
Great titan pics ITT.

I love that Legio Solaria scheme. If/when they get around to doing Ursus Claws and other scout titan classes I'll be starting a maniple or two.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

jadebullet posted:

Does anyone know of the best place to buy old issues of White Dwarf? I just found out about the custom Legio for AT rules being in the July issue just in time for it to go out of stock.

If you're in the UK, Element Games' website shows that issue in stock.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
Managed to get a Titanicus game in to try out the new Acastus Knights. Their weapons are pretty scary, although strongly mitigated by having to both keep the banner out of sight of any quake cannons while ensuring they have their own line of sight, as unlike most titans they can't see over the scattered buildings.

First time using a Corsair Maniple too. It was pretty flexible, although I really missed the Axiom benefit as I managed to fail a lot of command checks. My single best roll of the game occurred after losing a Reaver and rolling Wild Fire on catastrophic damage. It fired everything into the nearest friendly Reaver, and I managed to roll five 6's on 5D6 to hit my own titan! Could have used that luck when I was missing nearly every melta cannon shot...

Think my next game will be trying out all four Acastus in a couple of Knight lances, along with supporting Warhounds.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
Who wants some tiny weeny buildings?

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
I was expecting the new bone bois before Halloween, but instead we finally get the rest of the AT stuff previewed in May:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/10/20/coming-soon-eavy-bommers-rocket-pods-and-more/

Also some flyers for AI:

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
I think this at last completes all the starting weapon options for AT:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
Not that keen on the Warbringer myself, but it's cool to see AT getting new stuff again. Will be picking up the new terrain & book, hoping the new starter set gets more people into the game, and waiting for the inevitably expensive resin psi-titan kit.

Hopefully the next new titan class is the other scout titan so I can finally start Legio Solaria