Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

mcjomar posted:

To work with 54mm, you end up having to convert, and to do that with GW stuff you have to put some stupid amount of effort into it.
It's also stupidly expensive.
What I'm saying here is it is objectively stupid.
It's doable, but only the crazy ones will put in the effort.

At 28mm you have a poo poo ton of options and parts, and not just the GW ranges either.
You just have to resist the urge to push the "spehs mureen" button, and try and do the cool poo poo guys like Blanche do over on the ammobunker forums.

54mm games are really intriguing to me because it'd be novel, give painters some extra cool room to play around, etc. The problem is always terrain, so it would really only work with games on a fixed board or that don't use much terrain. I'd play 54mm Arena Rex in a heartbeat.

There's also a kickstarter for a 54mm scale MOBA-board game which isthe same idea - a fixed board means no terrain worries and scale/LOS isnt a big deal, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

muggins posted:

Yeah I know BB is a sacred cow, I just never got into roll a one and lose your turn. I understand push your luck etc, but much preferred guild ball or even dreadball for a rugby game.

(and I played plenty of games, TT, and I hate that mechanic and was hoping it'd change with a new bb)

They are very very different. Guildball is basically just a tactical skirmish game, that happens to have a ball in it. BB is a board game like chess or checkers, except the pieces actively hate you and punish you for hubris.

I hated it too when I thought it was basically random, but it's a much deeper game of resource and risk management than I initially gave it credit for.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Shadin posted:

My wife just asked me if there was a treant team in Blood Bowl and if so she wanted one so she could name it Bitter Harvest. I think it's time to take her through the introductory rules this weekend, she obviously understands the heart of the game.

Sounds like she wants to play Goth Halflings.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Indolent Bastard posted:

WTF is a Treant?

E: wait, you mean treemen? Seriously, gently caress this stupid arbitrary re-branding of the GW races. It's needlessly confusing.

Treant is a term much older than GW.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

jadebullet posted:

Ugh, I just don't know what to do with my Goliaths in regard to a paint scheme. I intend to play mainly Escher, but want both gangs painted up just in case.

Escher was easy, as I have had their scheme decided on since I saw the models, but I am struggling with planning my Goliaths. So far all I have come up with is painting them like heavily weathered clowns mixed with 1980s punks from movies, but I worry that that is a bit cliche.

Does anyone have any Goliath inspiration?

Mine will all be painted like Ultimate Warrior.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
Eschers are basically already roller derby girls minus wheels.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
Anyone have any early ideas for good starting Goliath crew loadouts? I'm not concerned with like, best of the best level stuff but before I start gluing poo poo I want to know my setups are at least passable.

ONe champ has to get the rivet cannon, and one ganger will get the grenade launcher. Juves will probably go double pistols? Is the leader better off with two melee weapons or hammer/pistol? I'm a little overwhelmed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
Pre-measuring for lyfe. The argument of "but then everyone measures all the time and it slows the game down" is almost never a practical reality - except in Infinity, where everyone is on overwatch all the time and so pre-measuring really WOULD slow the game to a crawl, which is why its the only game really designed for and correctly not allowing pre-measure.