Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

http://www.polygon.com/2017/1/9/14216246/scalebound-canceled-xbox-one-pc-platinum-microsoft

quote:

After careful deliberation, Microsoft Studios has come to the decision to end production for Scalebound,” a Microsoft spokesperson said in a statement to Polygon. “We're working hard to deliver an amazing lineup of games to our fans this year, including Halo Wars 2, Crackdown 3, State of Decay 2, Sea of Thieves and other great experiences.

they haven't really said why, but after how lovely and boring it looked at E3 the project probably lost sight of its goals at some point in development. it looked like it was really far in dev though, weird that they would just scrap the whole thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
“We're working hard to deliver an amazing lineup of games to our fans this year, including Halo Wars 2, Crackdown 3, State of Decay 2, Sea of Thieves and other great experiences." is a solid burn if I've ever seen one

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I was kind of looking forward to knockoff Monster Hunter that I could play with my Xbox-only friends.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Bobnumerotres posted:

http://www.polygon.com/2017/1/9/14216246/scalebound-canceled-xbox-one-pc-platinum-microsoft

they haven't really said why, but after how lovely and boring it looked at E3 the project probably lost sight of its goals at some point in development. it looked like it was really far in dev though, weird that they would just scrap the whole thing

wonderful 101 looked like poo poo in preview videos, i expected kamiya to get this into shape

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

relevant:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JAWDmXXGwQ

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

“We're working hard to deliver an amazing lineup of games to our fans this year, including Halo Wars 2, Crackdown 3, State of Decay 2, Sea of Thieves and other great experiences." is a solid burn if I've ever seen one

I laughed when I saw it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Part of me hopes Scalebound was an elaborate hoax to steal money from Microsoft and put it into Nier Automata

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training posted:

Part of me hopes Scalebound was an elaborate hoax to steal money from Microsoft and put it into Nier Automata

Gearbox did that with Colonial Marines to finance Battleborn so that really doesn't give me much confidence

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

In Training posted:

Platinum is above Gearbox tactics.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Plutonis posted:

Gearbox did that with Colonial Marines to finance Battleborn so that really doesn't give me much confidence

lmfao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Plutonis posted:

lol I didn't know that

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Plutonis posted:

LMFAO

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Gearbox murdered sega

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Iirc something like 80% of the money Sega gave to Gearbox for Aliens development was split between Battleborn, Borderlands 2 DLC and buying the Homeworld license.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Iirc something like 80% of the money Sega gave to Gearbox for Aliens development was split between Battleborn, Borderlands 2 DLC and buying the Homeworld license.

*spits on the sidewalk*

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

*spits on the sidewalk*

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

It's highly likely gearbox will collapse this year tho, so they got what was coming to them.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Blizzard should have gotten the homeworld license

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Plebian Parasite posted:

It's highly likely gearbox will collapse this year tho, so they got what was coming to them.

ms will divert their scalebound funds into duke nukem forever 2 and gearbox will never die while kamiya starves

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

elf help book posted:

ms will divert their scalebound funds into duke nukem forever 2 and gearbox will never die while kamiya starves

iirc their next 'big' release is a 60$ bulletstorm remaster.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Kamiya has a limited skill set and the further he strays from the template he set with DMC the worse his games become

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They made Duke Nukem Forever 2 and called it Bulletstorm Full Clip Edition

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Plebian Parasite posted:

iirc their next 'big' release is a 60$ bulletstorm remaster.

lmfao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

wonderful 101 looked like poo poo in preview videos, i expected kamiya to get this into shape

this game was several years in development and millions were poured into it, they wanted it to be the bone's bloodborne. they could take a lot of the assets and salvage something but man it must've been a loving mess if they went "nope delete everything this is crap"

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Microsoft was willing to let ReCore get released in the state it was in at launch so this game must be unsalvageable. drat...

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Gearbox needs to be destroyed for their crimes against gaming.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

qnqnx posted:

Multichoice + epic = bankruptcy hearing!

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

https://youtu.be/4dWMJdzZH44

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

Would have been epic to play HW1 with only the Higaarans in the 2034 remake

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

id be happy is blizzard also died but thats wishful thinking

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

trying to jack off posted:

somebody didnt get assigned an overwaifu

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

awesome

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

Would have been epic to play HW1 with only the Higaarans in the 2034 remake

I uh... I don't get it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

qnqnx posted:

battleborn was such a flop we'll be seeing that soon. also didnt they lose the lawsuit with sega?

trying to jack off posted:

overwatch made them billions, rightfully so since it is Game Of The Year

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

battleborn was such a flop we'll be seeing that soon. also didnt they lose the lawsuit with sega?

overwatch made them billions, rightfully so since it is Game Of The Year

AnAuldWolf Avatar
AnAuldWolf
6 Months ago
This is hardly surprising.

Battleborn: A progressive roster of diverse, genuinely clever and original characters meant to appeal to underserved minorities. (Yes, even Oscar Mike, which becomes apparent not just from his lore but every time he opens his mouth. Also he is a shark-man.)

Overwatch: Pseudo-intellectual emo edgelords, lovers of submissive 'waifus,' and alpha male wannabes unite!

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Bobnumerotres posted:

also didnt they lose the lawsuit with sega?

no & it emboldened Randy Pitchford to the point where he denies it's even a bad game

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
don't actually read this bullshit but goddamn you should read this bullshit http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-07-23-an-hour-with-randy-pitchford

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

no & it emboldened Randy Pitchford to the point where he denies it's even a bad game

thats awful lol

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

don't actually read this bullshit but goddamn you should read this bullshit http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-07-23-an-hour-with-randy-pitchford

im sure you have the best intentions but i wont read this

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Randy Pitchford is showing me an email he received a day ago on his phone. In it someone asks the Gearbox Software boss whether Aliens: Colonial Marines, which came out in February 2013 for PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, will be remastered for PlayStation 4 or released as part of the PlayStation Plus subscription service.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I scanned the first few paragraphs and apparently Pitchford doesn't care about reviews because he gets more love mail than hate mail about games they make

• Locked thread