Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

RumbleFish posted:

Georgia excels at this, too.

We're the new Tennessee apparently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly Tony
May 6, 2005

It's not even Tuesday, dog

Alaois posted:

does colin cowherd not piss you off just by existing and having a platform?

Yes he does. I was hoping I missed a hot take.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
loving Dabo Sweeney has a national championship.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

sum posted:

To be fair if your quarterback sucks at the one thing quarterbacks are supposed to be good at it's probably fair to say he's not a great quarterback

227/351 64.7% 2649 yds. 7.5 y/pa 22td 9int

yeah what a stinker

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Jack Del Huevos posted:

The dude has a solo radio show for like two hours a day and shits on basically everyone who is not the consensus best in their respective sport, I'm sure he said something dumb at some point and coaches are crazy people who get mad at even minor slights

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

This brightened my night, despite everything else:

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Oh ESPN :allears:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Oh poo poo Nike comin in with the spice just right

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

They had to put them somewhere.

They had to be on there.

LSU and Pitt should be higher tho

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Scarf posted:

Oh poo poo Nike comin in with the spice just right

nice

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Jack Del Huevos posted:

Earlier in December when they playoff rankings were announced he called Clemson a "fraud."

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

pillsburysoldier posted:

They had to put them somewhere.

They had to be on there.

LSU and Pitt should be higher tho

Pitt was super inconsistent and lost their best player and the coordinator of the unit that carried them this year, back of the top
25 seems about right

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Can't wait for Paul Finebaum to show up on his next show like "Please state the nature of the medical emergency" and Phyllis from Mulga is all "PAWWWWWLLL! MAH GAWD PAWWWWL MY HEART! WHYYYYY! WHYYYYY!".

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
kiffens poo poo eating grin is probably wider than the grand canyon and that owns bones

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
congratulations clemson good game i could not say this earlier, as i was probated,

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Alabama was 2-15 on third down conversions. Washington fans knew Sark would've screwed Bama over with these quick three and outs.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Losing Scarbrough ended Bama. They couldn't control the clock as well and the D got worn down for it. I mean, if they had gotten a first down at any of the three 3 and out's they had in the 4th then Clemson doesn't have those 2 minutes at the end.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Jan 10, 2017

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Of all people Dabo fuckin Swinney is Nick Saban's kryptonite lol.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The ACC is... good?

:unsmith:

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
Having watched essentially this same game back in 2013, where FSU got the ball back with ~90 seconds to go and then >Mortal Kombat voice< FINISHED THEM, I know how Clemson feels right now.

And oh, do they ever feel good. Now I hope FSU can manage to beat Alabama to start the season next year so we can see 100,000 "IS THIS THE END OF THE DYNASTY?!?!" articles. Also so FSU can go undefeated and win the championship again.

BTW the ACC was unquestionably and by far the best conference this year. :smug: Oh how I wish Derwin James hadn't gotten hurt.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JonathonSpectre posted:

Having watched essentially this same game back in 2013, where FSU got the ball back with ~90 seconds to go and then >Mortal Kombat voice< FINISHED THEM, I know how Clemson feels right now.

And oh, do they ever feel good. Now I hope FSU can manage to beat Alabama to start the season next year so we can see 100,000 "IS THIS THE END OF THE DYNASTY?!?!" articles. Also so FSU can go undefeated and win the championship again.

BTW the ACC was unquestionably and by far the best conference this year. :smug: Oh how I wish Derwin James hadn't gotten hurt.

People would un-ironically call for Saban to be fired if that happens.

But yes, it's been way too long since FSU won a championship.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
31 points should be enough to win when you have the best defense in college football. This isn't on the freshman qb at all.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

whiteyfats posted:

People would un-ironically call for Saban to be fired if that happens.

But yes, it's been way too long since FSU won a championship.

There are people on my social media already saying poo poo like, "The game has passed him by." What must it be like to be this far up your own rear end in a top hat? Most teams would burn down their own stadium to have Saban and he loses one loving game, in the literal last second, to a legit great team, and (some of) his own fans are talking poo poo? :iiam:

We might have #1 vs. #2 to start the season next year, gently caress yeah. :getin:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JonathonSpectre posted:

There are people on my social media already saying poo poo like, "The game has passed him by." What must it be like to be this far up your own rear end in a top hat? Most teams would burn down their own stadium to have Saban and he loses one loving game, in the literal last second, to a legit great team, and (some of) his own fans are talking poo poo? :iiam:

We might have #1 vs. #2 to start the season next year, gently caress yeah. :getin:

Atlanta should be on loving fire for that game.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
There's only one cure for spoiled fans, and that's for their team to enter oblivion. :getin:

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

How could anybody call Clemson "good"? Not football wise but thread title wise. This wasn't good conquers evil this was evil conquers same kind of evil.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yates posted:

How could anybody call Clemson "good"? Not football wise but thread title wise. This wasn't good conquers evil this was evil conquers same kind of evil.

Every team but Penn State is good compared to Alabama (except the Gators :colbert:).

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

RumbleFish posted:

Gonna have to be the one person here who disagrees heartily with the thread title. :colbert:

No I agree, a baptizing rear end in a top hat is way more evil then a guy who wins lots of football games.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I still can't believe how obvious that pick play was on the last TD lol

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Right?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Crotch Bat posted:

Losing Scarbrough ended Bama. They couldn't control the clock as well and the D got worn down for it. I mean, if they had gotten a first down at any of the three 3 and out's they had in the 4th then Clemson doesn't have those 2 minutes at the end.

Not holding Clemson to less than 31 points ended Bama hth

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
I like Jalen but...

any other QB of the Saban era and we win that game. poo poo we just need like one more loving first down somewhere in there.

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.
Pitt defeated the Big 10 champion as well as the ACC champion and National Championship winner. And lost to UNC.

Life's funny like that sometimes.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/sbnationgif/status/818689483629559808

lol this is worse than the pats

dude straight up cut blocks the DB

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

The best part about Alabama losing is Scionix losing and that's cool and good for everyone in TFF

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
http://collegefootball.ap.org/poll
Boomer :toot:

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD

USC #3 above Huskies? :smugjones:

Ehhhhhhhhhh debatable AP

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Gators at #14 because of that solid victory over the mighty University of Iowa is hilarious.

E: and being below lsu by one spot is hilarious too

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Congrats Clemson. You guys just earned Dabo a big bonus more than likely, something he emphatically believes you don't deserve even though you played the game.

I'm hoping more than anything this will make the SEC realize you don't beat Bama by being Bama Lite. It would really make conference games more entertaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Hahaha. Penn State loses on a last second field goal to the #3 team and is still ranked behind Ohio State, which got blown the gently caress out.

• Locked thread