Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

We loving destroyed you guys and we're one spot behind you? Seriously AP poll?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I thought FSU would still end up behind Michigan, so yay.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Miami 2 spots behind WVU, whom we beat the poo poo out of so at least they are consistent.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Ehud posted:

https://twitter.com/sbnationgif/status/818689483629559808

lol this is worse than the pats

dude straight up cut blocks the DB

both their short yardage receiving TDs were like that. the refs didn't call anything all night on either team

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

whiteyfats posted:

I thought FSU would still end up behind Michigan, so yay.

Being behind 3 Big Ten teams is funny though

https://twitter.com/RealSkipBayless/status/818644476218310657

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Jan 10, 2017

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I didn't watch last year's CFB championship or this one's live, but I heard that Clemson won at the last second so I went to youtube to watch the end. I accidentally put on last year's version and watched the final 15 minutes of the game, expecting Clemson to come back and win it. When Alabama recovered the onside with 12 seconds left I thought I was about to see the most miraculous thing ever, only for it to end with a fart and me realizing I was watching the wrong game.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

So we're chalking this up to SEC bias right?

Anyway, what was the better onside kick? Clemson's from this year or Bama's from last?

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Spintzel posted:

USC #3 above Huskies? :smugjones:

Ehhhhhhhhhh debatable AP

Really?

Didn't USC house Washington?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/tigerfanforum/status/818694093836603394

mods change my name to dabo's bible

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Praise Jesus.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

would anyone like for me to baptize them

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/bclelandgt/status/818696590370058240

hahahahaha what a piece of dookie

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Regnevelc posted:

Really?

Didn't USC house Washington?

1. Clemson
2. Alabama
------
------
3. USC
4. Penn State
5. Oklahoma
6. Washington
7. Florida State

8-10 grab bag of Michigan/Ohio State/Wisconsin

edit: you could swap Oklahoma and Penn State, but I wouldn't put Washington ahead of either of these two teams.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Ehud posted:

Yeah, kinda hard to cover when a dude is spearing your knees.

But it's Alabama, so who cares?

Weeeeeeeeeeee

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I prayed about it and I feel like god really wants all the 4 and 5 star guys to play for us.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Jesus fuckin' loves winners and hates losers like kids who can't eat

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Outraged about the pick but not Alabama players intentionally trying to give Watson early onset CTE and it going uncalled

Ehud posted:

I prayed about it and I feel like god really wants all the 4 and 5 star guys to play for us.

Sup urban meyer?

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Jan 10, 2017

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Komet posted:

1. Clemson
2. Alabama
------
------
3. USC
4. Penn State
5. Oklahoma
6. Washington
7. Florida State

8-10 grab bag of Michigan/Ohio State/Wisconsin

edit: you could swap Oklahoma and Penn State, but I wouldn't put Washington ahead of either of these two teams.

Why is Oklahoma at 5 if Ohio State isn't even in that discussion?

I'd run the top ten as such:

Clemson
Alabama
USC
Penn State
Ohio State
Washington
Oklahoma
Florida State
Michigan
Wisconsin

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

does anyone here want me to lead them to the lord tonight?

we'll sing the first and third stanza of just as i am and you move as the lord leads you

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Excuse me my 5-star child athlete, please put your meal stipend into the offering plate for Lord Swinney. Thanks and god bless.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

that feeling you have in your chest, that's the lord knocking on your heart telling you to sign your letter of intent

the bible says in matthew 10 verse 33, whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my father who is in heaven

#allin

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Scarf posted:

Oh poo poo Nike comin in with the spice just right

This just makes me think of King Crimson

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
If anything I think 8 is generous for Washington, some huge players for us declared early including John Ross so I wouldn't be surprised if we lost 3-4 games next year

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I'm having serious buyer's remorse on rooting for Clemson because of this poo poo. Dabo goes Full Osteen on live TV and now everyone on FB is talking about how God Helped Clemson Win and how refreshing it is to see religion in arguably the most religious, superstitious, dumb sport on the planet.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ehud posted:

does anyone here want me to lead them to the lord tonight?

we'll sing the first and third stanza of just as i am and you move as the lord leads you

imagine boulware listening to "i just wanna be a sheep" before running home to blow off some steam with a little beastiality

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

LeeMajors posted:

I'm having serious buyer's remorse on rooting for Clemson because of this poo poo. Dabo goes Full Osteen on live TV and now everyone on FB is talking about how God Helped Clemson Win and how refreshing it is to see religion in arguably the most religious, superstitious, dumb sport on the planet.

I'm sorry dabo messed with your facebook friends

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Manoueverable posted:

If anything I think 8 is generous for Washington, some huge players for us declared early including John Ross so I wouldn't be surprised if we lost 3-4 games next year

Washington will win the North then lose by 50 to Darnold

Regnevelc posted:

Why is Oklahoma at 5 if Ohio State isn't even in that discussion?

I'd run the top ten as such:

Clemson
Alabama
USC
Penn State
Ohio State
Washington
Oklahoma
Florida State
Michigan
Wisconsin

Did you watch Ohio St to close out the season? Barrett had no ability to throw a football

That was not a top 5 team

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Did you watch Ohio St to close out the season? Barrett had no ability to throw a football

That was not a top 5 team

Losses don't count for Ohio State.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

the lord told me to dab on em

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

TBeats posted:

31 points should be enough to win when you have the best defense in college football. This isn't on the freshman qb at all.

Part of allowing those 31 points is allowing your defense to be on the field for 90+ plays against one of the best offenses in college football. If you don't possess, your defense gets tired. It's not on the qb, it's on the playcalling for the entire second half, which went:

-run for three to four yards
-long pass
-long pass
-punt

Even the best defense is going to have trouble if they're only off the field a few minutes at a time for an entire half

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Emron posted:

Part of allowing those 31 points is allowing your defense to be on the field for 90+ plays against one of the best offenses in college football. If you don't possess, your defense gets tired. It's not on the qb, it's on the playcalling for the entire second half, which went:

-run for three to four yards
-long pass
-long pass
-punt

Even the best defense is going to have trouble if they're only off the field a few minutes at a time for an entire half

Shoulda run the dang ball

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

PostNouveau posted:

Shoulda run the dang ball

:agreed:

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Ehud posted:

My thought: The DB initiates contact on the play as the WR does not run directly at him therefore the wide receiver can do anything he wants.

On the earlier TD pick play, the DB also initiated contact by running down into the TE to try to press and got his rear end blown up for it. That also = not a pick play.

If the DB's are allowed to press off the line, the WR's should be allowed to run their asses over.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Team beats Bama in a championship game with God's help.
Guys, I saw this one in 2008; I know what happens in the sequels. The next decade will be fun if history is anything to go by.

Real talk, when was the last time Bama played in a National Championship and lost? I don't remember us being particularly good during the mid 90s up until 2008. This may be the first time it's happened since I've been alive.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

kayakyakr posted:

My thought: The DB initiates contact on the play as the WR does not run directly at him therefore the wide receiver can do anything he wants.

On the earlier TD pick play, the DB also initiated contact by running down into the TE to try to press and got his rear end blown up for it. That also = not a pick play.

If the DB's are allowed to press off the line, the WR's should be allowed to run their asses over.

have you considered the impact of the Holy Spirit on this play

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Ehud posted:

have you considered the impact of the Holy Spirit on this play

Obvs Jesus was ridin that WR's back like Yoda on Luke 19:27. That's why he fell down, of course.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I think everyone can agree the reffing was absolutely atrocious last night. There were times bama's OL flat out tackled defensive players from behind without a holding call. There was blatant pass interference non-call that had Dabo losing his poo poo on the sideline to a ref for a few minutes as well.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Thoguh posted:

Losses don't count for Ohio State.

Same amount of losses as Oklahoma and they crushed Oklahoma? It is that far out of an idea that maybe Oklahoma should be ranked around or behind Ohio State?

Weird.

Mr. Nice! posted:

I think everyone can agree the reffing was absolutely atrocious last night. There were times bama's OL flat out tackled defensive players from behind without a holding call. There was blatant pass interference non-call that had Dabo losing his poo poo on the sideline to a ref for a few minutes as well.

About 45 Alabama players should have been tossed for targeting.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Mr. Nice! posted:

There were no-calls for both teams that were pretty eyebrow raising. I said last night I felt like the crew was trying to avoid making calls for whatever reason. The thread focused on the no-calls in bama's favor because it's college football and that's how it works, but the officiating crew was really letting a ton of poo poo go.

That's why I don't see any value in focusing on the picks Clemson ran. If you know they're not calling it, then effectively you know it's not a penalty and you need to defend it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

do I think that colleges should cover medical expenses for football players? absolutely not.

it is jesus who is the great physician

• Locked thread