Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Liberals are trash, white liberals are double trash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
A good writeup on why white liberals are trash:

The moneyshot:

quote:

"Fredrik deBoer asks, “Does it matter to Resnikoff that the most acid critiques of identity politics I know of have come from writers of color?” It is a question that keeps many whites awake at night. But for the rest of us the reasons are obvious. Because we have experienced racism from well-behaved and well-educated liberals as often as from the rednecks they despise; because we have never benefitted from the condescending and patronizing attitudes of white multiculturalists; because we recognize in the affluent liberal hatred of the white poor the same depraved social Darwinism that in less public moments is directed against us."

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Mixodorian posted:

For sure, a big hope of mine is that with Trump as president the Asians, Indians, Middle Easterners and even some special African immigrants will realize that they're never going to be accepted into whiteness.

Hopefully we can see influential people from every minority ethnicity take some leadership on this. Considering a lot of us are surrounded by only white people, I think we need to start getting these ideas into everyone's head via whatever means.

And do what? Cast their lot in with white liberals? Nearly every Asian American "leader" towed the liberal line for years and what is there to show for the community when it comes to progress? Immigrant groups are better off organizing political power within our own communities as opposed to assimilating into the other, "good" kind of whiteness.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Talmonis posted:

Those white liberals are casting their lot in with you as well. Spitting in the faces of people who don't oppose your goals is tantamount to political suicide.

Bullshit, no white liberals have ever stood up for asian people, who are the "model minority" and therefore ok to attack.

For example, liberal hollywood constantly forces asian american actors into coon roles that are degrading and humiliating:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWCaCpEKwSA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Bs0D1SQUPU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtDU_1hbqWI

Arch-liberal Lena Dunham can't stop talking poo poo about Asian people on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/lenadunham/status/90660103879016448?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Lena Dunham's terrible orientalist article on Japan

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

whats your opinion on data disaggregation, my friend

because chinese in particular can't expect anyone else—white liberals, black folk, latino folk, non-asian chinese folk—to stick up for us when we only give a poo poo about hollywood (or for some, whining about white dudes dating asian women or why asian dudes can't land a date that hawt 10/10 blonde cheerleader), can't even condemn those within our community who march for "justice for peter liang" or who lobby against data disaggregation bills that southeast asians and pacific islanders fight hard for, etc. makes us all look like selfish twits not worth anyone's time, you know? doesn't help that it tarnishes the credibility of non-chinese asians either

Haha this is a retarded ad hom attack. I don't think any fancy asians are opposed to disaggregating the data so jungle asians get their disparities highlighted.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
(((being underemployed and underinsured))) is the fault of (((globalists))) and not my own lack of ability

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

rudatron posted:

Hey Koala March, you didn't answer my question before: do you still think Paven Stan 'knows what's up'? You seemed pretty happy to loudspeaker him before.

Why is it all of a sudden we're shedding tears for poors when for decades they would've been told bootstraps? Is it because whites are losing their ability to luck into well paying jobs and are lashing out???

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

The Saurus posted:

NONE of the wealth generated under neoliberalism, whether from immigration, the depression of wages, the breaking of unions, the free trade agreements or any other source during the last 30 years has gone to the average worker.

Who is the average worker? Some kind of underemployed goonlord who feels like capitalism has failed because he should've been handed a 50k a year office job where he sends out a few emails a day and goes to a meeting or two? You're not the average american, sorry.

The Saurus posted:

The wealth from immigration and outsourcing goes to the top 1%, meanwhile the poor in the native country get worse off, and watch inequality soar.

Compare the level of poo poo your "average" American has today to one in 1980 or 1960: a mcmansion in the suburbs, at least two cars, and electronic gizmos out the wazoo. Do you like asian food or do only cucks eat foreigner food?

The Saurus posted:

Let's remember who the immoral ones are here - The plutocrats and the establishment of both parties, not ordinary workers.

No doubt, but you're pretending like whites don't benefit from cozy neoliberalism at all. Sure, the median 40k a year person got blown out but for anyone making more than that they've seen an increase in their standard of living.

That fact that you think your plutocrat buddy trump is about to show those (((globalists))) who is boss is hilarious. Explains why he's stocking his cabinet with Goldman Sachs alumni right?

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Higsian posted:

Thanks for this it was interesting to read.

Actually that article made me think; would a candidate largely ignoring minorities but having well funded and supported advocates work? Like if they just gave Danny Glover a bunch of money and allowed him and a team of black activists to essentially drive the whole black outreach program, give them power to add to the platform, and guarantee them access over Bernie for X time a week, and promised cabinet positions, would that have potentially worked? Would you accept a candidate that essentially said "I'm a senator from Vermont so I don't know as much about this subject as I'd like, which is why I've assembled a team who will tell me what I should be doing in this area and given them power to dictate policy"? He could throw in something about how his main objectives will help everyone and the team is there to make sure it doesn't miss the black community, and to address other important concerns that economics doesn't. Or would it have to come directly from the candidate?

you're ignoring a big part of the democratic black base, which is the black (mis)leadership class.

You can tell this thread is mostly pasty folks peering into the fishbowl because they have no idea how these identity dynamics play out in practice when it comes to progressive politics. Identity politics have been fully recuperated by wealthy democratic interests and gets used to punch left/deflect from real issues all the time. See for example when Comcast and NBC wanted to merge, the Organization of Chinese Americans, Urban League, etc: all came out of the closet to say what a wonderful thing the merger was for minorities and how anyone standing in the way just didn't care about ____________ people. Ofc this is after all those groups took a bunch of money from Comcast with the quid pro quo of telling congress what a cool deal it was.

The OCA is particularly egregious because nearly all their programs now have corporate sponsors, so when a group of shitdisturbing interns protested Wal-Mart sponsoring their intern program at the national convention a few years ago the OCA swiftly kicked them out and muzzled them from further protest.

In most urbanized locations with significant african-american populations there's an incumbent class of black clergy, politicians, and business leaders that work hard to keep themselves in power. One of the ways they do this is through identity politics and ad homming anyone coming after them for ethics reasons or whatever as racists. You can give killer mike and other outsiders a platform and sprinkle cash, but in the end there's an incumbent group in power that can still mobilize community resources like the black church to hustle for your candidate.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

The Saurus posted:

The vast majority of Americans have seen their living standards drop or stagnate as the growth of the last few decades. Especially non-white Americans, in fact - Because most of the oligarchic class running things and pushing IDPol is white.

Hahah, no. The vast majority of white Americans are far better off now than they were in the 1980s. White wealth in particular has only gone up over time:

The Saurus posted:

Most millenials can't even afford to move out of their parents' house, those mcmansions were all repossessed.

Your statement is contradictory. They can't afford to move out because homeowner equity is at an all time high again, which is a policy endgoal predicated on strict zoning and limited construction. Once again, middle class whites do not want to see their homes shrink in value due to affordable housing policies. Ownership society and and all.

The Saurus posted:

He also promised no cuts to social security, medicare and medicaid. If he decides to go back on his promises, then he's going to have a very rough time in his presidency, with the rising up of the working class on the right and the left against him.

Well you just got loving played because congress is sharpening the knives for those right now already.

The Saurus posted:

Hillary Clinton offered nothing for the average working class person.

Capitalism offers nothing for the average working class person, I agree. Trump is like a white Obama for people even more gullible than democrats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

rudatron posted:

That doesn't include the rural vs. coastal divide, which is a lot more telling. In particular, the life expectancy of rural whites has dropped hard very recently, and pretty much all of that is due to opiod abuse, from rural areas.

Similar mechanisms in play when it comes to Japan, Norway, and practically every other industrial country. National government builds a highway out to bumfuck nowhere and a straw effect emerges sucking young people out to where the jobs are.

The only difference is that in Norway there can be a town of 100 and 95 people are employed by the government doing various things, while Americans here would shudder at the thought of a jobs program for rurals only.

• Locked thread