Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who are you playing?
Velvet
Rokurou
Eleanor
Eizen
Laphicet
Magilou
View Results

• Locked thread
TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I'm gonna swap between hobo and villager on a whim and nobody can stop me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Endorph Caphi teach me how to be good with Eleanor

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

So what difficulty do I probably want to be playing this on, anywho

If you're playing Velvet probably hard, anyone else uhhhh idk

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Tried playing some co-op with friends last night; seemed actually pretty fun but I wish they could streamline the game for that option more

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

eonwe posted:

i dont know anythinga bout Zestiria

Keep it that way

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I'm in the mines right now and Magilou can handle the relatively serious stuff as well as the lighter stuff "Now, which is real and which is the imitation?" is pretty good.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
How do I get Eleanor to cast healing artes faster during a fight without equipment?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Are there any titles that increase the rate of stun?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Endorph posted:

Yeah, there are a few that increase the rate of stun based on how many times you've used the arte. not sure on their names but I know laphi has one.

It looks like it might be Weakness Hunter? It talks about the effect rate.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Eleanor seems kinda weak so far

E: About what level should I be for the Water Temple?

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Jan 29, 2017

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Is the tree supposed to present a massive spike in boss difficulty? It felt like I was doing scratch damage and getting knocked out in one hit the entire fight.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Not sure there's an :allears: big enough for Velvet getting stage fright

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
"If it means getting secret tunnels, I'll build another island, too."

:allears: This cast rules

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Eizen is a giant loving nerd and it's amazing

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Can they do another anime that's just the good skits from this game?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
How the gently caress is a reconverted prison this cozy

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Does everyone have alternate hairstyles?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Endorph posted:

They all have the hat styles, if that counts. Magi's is notable for removing her witch hat.

Give me hair down Eleanor or give me Normin

E: I'm not opposed to both

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Farg posted:

where do i pick up code red hunts? I just got to the part where the guild lady tells me about them, but I don't have anything showing up in the code red menu.

You'll see them roaming around on the map, it's likely you've already fought one, actually (the bat in Dyle's cave)

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Is there a trick to using Laphicet's and Magilou's mystic artes? Do combos work differently when you only have hidden and malak artes, because I can get it to work for everyone else.

Also, i'm pretty sure i'm way earlier in the game (Magilou just joined for real) than most people in the thread but it's really cool and good so far! I like how every character plays and the interactions and story have been great. It might be a bit early to say it but I think this is already my favourite party in a Tales of game. None of these people have any business raising a child and teaching him how to live his life but they're giving it their best shot and I respect that. I feel bad for Eleanor though. :(

I can't say I've played many Tales but these guys are probably better on average than the Vesperia crew to me so far. Not sure how the characters stack up individually yet, though, Yuri, Judith, Rita and Raven were all pretty drat enjoyable.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Endorph posted:

Not sure if you can mystic arte off a faraway spell cast?

Pretty sure you can?

You can Mystic off of Draconic Drive definitely and that's got some range to it.

E: Pretty sure off of Eleanor's spells too.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
My one complaint so far is the after battle win quotes have been pretty mediocre, a lot of them are just kind of awkward or seem like something got lost in translation.

E: The animations too.

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Jan 30, 2017

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Hunt11 posted:

Is there anyway to go back to previous areas? I failed to kill the bat hunt target because he destroyed my party the first time I fought him and I would like a chance to go back and not only kill him, but also use it as a chance to grind some equipment at the same time.

You won't go back to that particular area until about midgame.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
The 2nd theme for the prison island is perfect

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
So is the Dragon dire foe in the ruins completely out of place? It's level 78 and my average is about 34.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Ometeotl posted:

So is the tree therion supposed to be a sharp difficulty spike? I had my first game over to it...and then another one after that.

That one is actually quite difficult, yeah.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I just beat that level 78 dragon dire foe in the ruins.

Velvet is kind of broken as all hell, isn't she?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I'm just getting back to Eastgand and I really like how there's a level of depth to Velvet's relationship with Artorius; she hates him for what he did, yes, but deep down she still really does consider him family and wants to trust that what he did was well intentioned, even if she's going to kill him for it.

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Jan 31, 2017

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Hunt11 posted:

The only weakness of Velvet is that you can be tempted to just charge headfirst and get gibbed by everything the enemy has to throw at you. Of course once everything descends into chaos then she will just chew through everything.

Actually I'm pretty sure you just charge headfirst, mash R2 so you hit the enemy at the soonest/best available opportunity because you're loving invincible, proc stun off an arte, hit with a sweeping finisher that probably stuns a bunch more enemies, mash R2 so you can heal and become loving invincible, and loop.

Forever.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
What level are people generally at around the last Therion? I'm getting my rear end kicked on it on Hard right now.

E: My party average right now is ~level 43.

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Feb 1, 2017

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Arkeus posted:

OTOH, I am not a fan of the whole "women just don't understand adventure" subtheme.

The joke is that Eizen and Rokurou are idiots

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Arkeus posted:

Ehhh. It's not really idiots, like pretty much every men in the game has something he is passionate about. Women... don't. Eleonore comes close with her love of knowledge, but it's not shown as passion. Phi/Rokurou/Eizen/Zaveid/Dwynne/Crown Prince/Dyle/Headless Armour/random architect passerby all do.

Velvet is extremely passionate about murder.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

chumbler posted:

I'm curious what the male:female player ratio is among Tales games, and how the level of engagement with the series (for some reason my phone was suggesting "Estelle" there) varies between the two groups.

It's about 60-40 in favour of women I think

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Even bienfu gets a couple of funny lines

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
The dog is still the best mascot due to having a complete, fully realized personality without saying a single line

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Tae posted:

Healing is rear end, R2 heals your party full, R2 forever

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
How do you unlock difficulties above Intense?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

I feel like its more 40ish percent, and for me this is okay on bosses, but not fun on normal encounters.

Velvet solves the problem

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
What's the highest level dire foe in the game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I think Berseria is a little too prone to getting into points where I have no idea what's going on anymore and the only way to make sense of it is to switch to Velvet and claw loop some fools.

• Locked thread