Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
He went flying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I was just about to write I was surprised that this was being reffed rather well + fairly and then that happened

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Not a card! Also nice halftime rap concert

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

Seltzer posted:

Not a card! Also nice halftime rap concert

Lol

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
this Aubameyang guy is pretty good, imagine if he had been selected by France

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

The get the ball to Aubameyang trick worked

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

curried lamb of God posted:

this Aubameyang guy is pretty good, imagine if he had been selected by France

Periodic reminder that Milan essentially just gave him away to St Etienne

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

This crowd is going nuts for their average keeper who plays in Belgium. I love when countries rally around their crap keepers

trem_two posted:

Periodic reminder that Milan essentially just gave him away to St Etienne

Why?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

They didn't think he was good enough or worth anything I guess

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

And the opening day win is ruined for Gabon. They were asleep for most of the second half so it's not undeserved.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Nice freekick from Cameroon. They've been really good so far, I barely recognize anyone though, I guess a lot of the old guard retired.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I have found a stream.

allez The Indomitable Lions imo

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

How did he not pass that. lol

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
lmao the lifting technique by the stretcher team

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Clinton NJie just had one of the worst misses i've seen in a while

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
phwoar that zoua strike

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

pik_d posted:

City don't lose any players this time :woop:

heh

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

quote:

Captain Youssouf Mulumbu has revealed that his side are on strike due to an issue with bonuses, even if they are preparing to play Morocco

DR Congo players are on strike ahead of their Africa Cup of Nations opener against Morocco on Monday due to issues with their bonuses.

The two-time winners of the competition have had their preparation for the Group C match interrupted as the squad look to find a resolution to their problems.

Captain Youssouf Mulumbu announced the players' stance in a video on social media, revealing his frustration at their continued concerns.

"For years and years, it's always the same," he said while surrounded by his teammates. "Well, we prepare to play our games and, at the end, there is always a bonus issue."

Mulumbu later tweeted, though, that the current strike would not affect DR Congo's participation against Morocco.

"Some situations are reported," he added. "That said, on January 16, we will proudly defend our flag."

DR Congo will then take on the Ivory Coast, on January 20, followed by their final group game against Togo on January 24.

Striker!

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

So they're on strike but they will play....

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Also Algeria Zimbabwe is on Bein and 2 minutes behind espns score tracker. I just learned that the hard way, 1-1.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Thats a highly questionable pen

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Also it appears Rais M'Bohli the Algerian keeper best known for almost knocking Germany out of the last world cup and then completely skipping out on his contract with the Philadelphia Union now appears to have a teardrop face tatoo.

quote:

On 30 July 2014, M'Bolhi was unveiled as a new signing of Major League Soccer club Philadelphia Union.[17] M'Bohli was previously linked to Trabzonspor, where he could have joined manager Vahid Halilhodžić and team-mate Carl Medjani.[18]However, his debut was delayed until 25 August (a 4:2 home win over San Jose Earthquakes)[19] after he was involved in a car accident in Paris, France and had to resolve paperwork issue. M'Bolhi was presented with number 92 shirt for the club.[20][21]However, as of 8 April, M'Bolhi was benched by the Union's head coach, Jim Curtin, citing poor performance during the Philadelphia Union vs. Sporting Kansas City game on 5 April.[22]After playing in only 9 matches in the 2015 season, head coach, Jim Curtin said that M'Bolhi will never play again for Philadelphia.[23] M'Bohli is rated as one of the worst signings in club history.[24]

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Senegal is bossing this match

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Yea, Also btw Mahrez bailed Algeria out, they could've easily still lost 3-2. Slimani was garbage. I forgot Senegal had certain players like Mane and Keita so they'll probably do better than I originally expected.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
These Bein Arabic announcers are loving this pressure by Tunisia.

Straight up screaming insane poo poo which is upsetting, as an American

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Tunisia has had over 9000 chances and can't finish for poo poo. I hope Senegal wins it all and wee Sadio Mane lifts the African Cup, of Nations.

psyer
Mar 26, 2013

trem_two posted:

Just going to point out that Jonathan Wilson is a good follow if you're interested in the AFCON - https://twitter.com/jonawils

He also has a daily podcast, Cafka-esque, with other English reporters in Gabon recapping the actions of AFCON.

https://soundcloud.com/user-980995356

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol Morocco good on you for not selecting ziyech

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
El Hadary is playing in goal for Egypt at age 44

Pretty boring match so far, Mali has looked more threatening

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Things are not looking good for Gabon atm. Good game so far

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Gabon is going to have to draw or beat cameroon to advance. Burkina Faso is on the same points and GD. BF or Guinea Bissau will leapfrog Gabon if Gabon draws and one of those two win. Cameroon has actually been decent this tournament so that should be tough. I'd like Gabon to go through but the team is one dimensional and all about Aubameyang.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Get the gently caress in Kebano :getin:

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Is the guy who plays in Astana any good or just having a good tournament?

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

The games have been either really bad or really good thus far. Some surprising results when it comes to the standings with one game left in the groups.

Gabon needs a result against a really good Cameroon team tomorrow to advance. Or they need to hope that they draw and Guinea and Burkina Faso draw as well. Algeria has been the overhyped underperformer of the tournament thus far, the AFCON Belgium if you will. They need a win against Senegal who have been the best team along with Ghana (imo). Ivory Coast has looked good but also underperformed and they need a win over morocco on tuesday to advance. Ghana and Egypt are already through. I think Ivory Coast have been unlucky and Morocco only have one win over a lovely team so the Ivory Coast should advance.

Good games coming up!

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jan 21, 2017

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Much like the continent of Africa, this Afcon thread is being largely ignored by the rest of the world. A shame! Gabon is now officially out of the cup after a ridiculous 0-0 draw. Gabon had about 10 legit chances in the first twenty minutes to get a goal but continued to choke. Aubameyang missed a sitter that he would bury 99 times out of 100 at one point in big-game Higuain fashion.

http://streamable.com/emeex

Burkina Faso and Cameroon advance. Algeria and Tunisia are battling for 2nd place in group B at the moment with Tunisia in the driver's seat.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Seltzer posted:

Much like the continent of Africa, this Afcon thread is being largely ignored by the rest of the world. A shame! Gabon is now officially out of the cup after a ridiculous 0-0 draw. Gabon had about 10 legit chances in the first twenty minutes to get a goal but continued to choke. Aubameyang missed a sitter that he would bury 99 times out of 100 at one point in big-game Higuain fashion.

http://streamable.com/emeex

Burkina Faso and Cameroon advance. Algeria and Tunisia are battling for 2nd place in group B at the moment with Tunisia in the driver's seat.

That is baaaaad

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
I'm still watching, but a lot of these matches have been pretty boring

Algeria needs to beat Senegal and have Zimbabwe beat Tunisia to advance, but it's not looking good right now. Slimani scored to put up Algeria 1-0, but Tunisia are also up 2-0 at the moment.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

curried lamb of God posted:

I'm still watching, but a lot of these matches have been pretty boring

Algeria needs to beat Senegal and have Zimbabwe beat Tunisia to advance, but it's not looking good right now. Slimani scored to put up Algeria 1-0, but Tunisia are also up 2-0 at the moment.

I've been watching live on the weekend and dvring during the week and most of the matches have been entertaining imo. As much as some of the hyped up teams have disappointed the minnows have been exciting. The knockouts will be good,

e- 3-0 Tunisia, rip Algeria you were a poo poo Belgium.

Gigi Galli posted:

That is baaaaad

You can watch this thrilling action live too on Bein!

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
phwoarrrr that was some goal from Diop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Tunisia are up 4-1 yeesh, I dont' know who any of these guys are.

Seltzer posted:

You can watch this thrilling action live too on Bein!

I probably will when the knockouts start

• Locked thread