Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
OP is ...
This poll is closed.
an autist 5 9.26%
a nerd 12 22.22%
both 37 68.52%
Total: 54 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Shazback
Jan 26, 2013

Bip Roberts posted:

We use IBM notes at work for mainly legacy reasons. (it's bad)

Lotus Notes is so bad I had half a day of training to learn how to use it. Not because I'm a mouth-breathing moron - I hope - but just because of how unintuitive everything is. To this day I still don't understand who could have looked at the e-mail and calendar behavior and UIs then said "yep, that's good, ship it". Then again, the problems were clearly deeper than just the end-user side since the instructor taught us how to use a small program that was pre-installed on every PC in the company which only served to terminate the run-time of a local Lotus Notes session...

I don't like some of Outlook's features, since it's not the first mail client I used extensively, but using Notes was torture. No matter what, I felt compelled to check that it had actually done what I asked it do to. Send a mail? Check that it's been sent. Looking at your inbox? Check if it's properly fetched mail recently. Creating an appointment? Check that it actually sent the request to the invitees. It's like it's actively working against you half the time, between hanging for no obvious reason, unintuitive behaviour, local settings that are just randomly overwritten/reset by the network administrator or corrupted, and ridiculously obtuse settings and menus... I am still baffled why anybody would actually pay IBM for Notes given how much frustration and wasted effort it leads to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread