Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

anthonypants posted:

the cia believes that rt is also a propaganda network because they do things like cover occupy wallstreet, or push the radical agenda that fracking is bad.

the cia, and everyone else, believes that rt is a propaganda network because its mission is to disseminate news internationally to advance russian interests

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Shaggar posted:

if rt is anti-fracking its because it leads to lower energy prices.

it's just anti-US government in general

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

raminasi posted:

the cia, and everyone else, believes that rt is a propaganda network because its mission is to disseminate news internationally to advance russian interests
someone had better tell the cia that because their very recent report specifically singled out occupy and fracking

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Shaggar posted:

if rt is anti-fracking its because it leads to lower energy prices.

but it also leads to more sick and dead americans

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Improbable Lobster posted:

yes, but so does the American government since 2010

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

not really and even if it did its all Midwesterners so who gives a poo poo. give me that cheap energy.

also if we hadn't stopped pursuing nuclear energy we wouldn't need so much nat gas.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Fracking is good and if you disagree you are bad at physics and/or ignorant of just how much worse every other extraction method is given that nuclear might as well be Star Trek technology since the advanced countries have been voting to reject it forever now.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

emoji posted:

Fracking is good and if you disagree you are bad at physics and/or ignorant of just how much worse every other extraction method is given that nuclear might as well be Star Trek technology since the advanced countries have been voting to reject it forever now.

Unless you're in Pennsylvania, where a previous administration made it legal to just dump untreated frack water into a river or municipal processing plant.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/27/us/27gas.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Producing literally anything artificial is insanely toxic and polluting if there are no regulations especially due to local corruption, yes. But it's still objectively better than all the other methods and can actually be done in a strict regulatory framework.

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

raminasi posted:

buzzfeed's dump of the trump piss doc is introduced with "none of this has been verified or is verifiable and some of it is already known to be factually incorrect but we're publishing it anyway for some reason"

I dunno pissgate was pretty hilarious so buzzfeed earned points with me on that one

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Pineapple goes on pizza.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

anthonypants posted:

the cia believes that rt is also a propaganda network because they do things like cover occupy wallstreet, or push the radical agenda that fracking is bad.

is this... is this a real post?

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

The Management posted:

is this... is this a real post?
yeah. it's all in that report, under the annex titled "Kremlin's TV Seeks To Influence Politics, Fuel Discontent in US". have you seen it

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
plz rename thread to blackula honeypot

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

emoji posted:

Producing literally anything artificial is insanely toxic and polluting if there are no regulations especially due to local corruption, yes. But it's still objectively better than all the other methods and can actually be done in a strict regulatory framework.

it's actually really bad because it isn't in any sort of regulatory framework and the gas companies are working very hard to it that way

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I believe in the profession of journalism.

I believe that the public journal is a public trust; that all connected with it are, to the full measure of their responsibility, trustees for the public; that acceptance of a lesser service than the public service is betrayal of this trust.

I believe that clear thinking and clear statement, accuracy and fairness are fundamental to good journalism.

I believe that a journalist should write only what he holds in his heart to be true.

I believe that suppression of the news, for any consideration other than the welfare of society, is indefensible.

I believe that no one should write as a journalist what he would not say as a gentleman; that bribery by one’s own pocketbook is as much to be avoided as bribery by the pocketbook of another; that individual responsibility may not be escaped by pleading another’s instructions or another’s dividends.

I believe that advertising, news and editorial columns should alike serve the best interests of readers; that a single standard of helpful truth and cleanness should prevail for all; that the supreme test of good journalism is the measure of its public service.

I believe that the journalism which succeeds best — and best deserves success — fears God and honors Man; is stoutly independent, unmoved by pride of opinion or greed of power, constructive, tolerant but never careless, self-controlled, patient, always respectful of its readers but always unafraid, is quickly indignant at injustice; is unswayed by the appeal of privilege or the clamor of the mob; seeks to give every man a chance and, as far as law and honest wage and recognition of human brotherhood can make it so, an equal chance; is profoundly patriotic while sincerely promoting international good will and cementing world-comradeship; is a journalism of humanity, of and for today’s world.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Hed posted:

I believe in the profession of journalism.

I believe that the public journal is a public trust; that all connected with it are, to the full measure of their responsibility, trustees for the public; that acceptance of a lesser service than the public service is betrayal of this trust.

I believe that clear thinking and clear statement, accuracy and fairness are fundamental to good journalism.

I believe that a journalist should write only what he holds in his heart to be true.

I believe that suppression of the news, for any consideration other than the welfare of society, is indefensible.

I believe that no one should write as a journalist what he would not say as a gentleman; that bribery by one’s own pocketbook is as much to be avoided as bribery by the pocketbook of another; that individual responsibility may not be escaped by pleading another’s instructions or another’s dividends.

I believe that advertising, news and editorial columns should alike serve the best interests of readers; that a single standard of helpful truth and cleanness should prevail for all; that the supreme test of good journalism is the measure of its public service.

I believe that the journalism which succeeds best — and best deserves success — fears God and honors Man; is stoutly independent, unmoved by pride of opinion or greed of power, constructive, tolerant but never careless, self-controlled, patient, always respectful of its readers but always unafraid, is quickly indignant at injustice; is unswayed by the appeal of privilege or the clamor of the mob; seeks to give every man a chance and, as far as law and honest wage and recognition of human brotherhood can make it so, an equal chance; is profoundly patriotic while sincerely promoting international good will and cementing world-comradeship; is a journalism of humanity, of and for today’s world.

:sniff:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
we're gonna get another 4 years of trump in 2020 aren't we

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Fabricated posted:

we're gonna get another 4 years of pence in 2020 aren't we

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.

Fabricated posted:

we're gonna get another 4 years of trump in 2020 aren't we

why do you think there will still be elections in 2020?

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
infowars.com

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

it's actually really bad because it isn't in any sort of regulatory framework and the gas companies are working very hard to it that way

You don't know what you're talking about. My first job was emission regs. Try 40 CFR Part 435.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Shaggar posted:

not really and even if it did its all Midwesterners so who gives a poo poo. give me that cheap energy.

also if we hadn't stopped pursuing nuclear energy we wouldn't need so much nat gas.

lol

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
the government of russia, the government of qatar and buzzfeed are my go-to sources for quality journalism

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
i really hope trump will kill buzzfeed

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Maximum Leader posted:

i really hope trump will kill buzzfeed

i keep sending them dwayne johnson sex tapes and they just aren't holding up their end of the deal

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug
guess we're talking about this in here now

my point with my post back to anthonypants wasn't that they're definitely true you should believe the entire story completely immediately, but that rejecting it outright is being cynically overreactionary in the other direction, was trying to imply the correct perspective being skepticism while open to updates and new evidence before deciding solidly yes or no but failed pretty badly at anything other than thread making GBS threads

basically posting on my phone in a canadian tire waiting room then disappearing to work was kind of dumb if i was actually trying to spur conversation

regarding the actual story, it was originally reported by CNN not Buzzfeed which makes it less trustworthy imo, Buzzfeed has built an ok long-form journalism arm hiding behind all the listicle posts unlike CNN which has replaced everything with holograms retweeting and an animatronic taxidermied wolf blitzer

the source of the docs has been confirmed as a former mi6 spy who i guess is currently in hiding
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-38591382
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/01/11/former-mi6-officer-produced-donald-trump-russian-dossier-terrified

everything implying hes in hiding cause scared of russia vs "jfc I do not want to spend the next month of my life constantly hounded by reporters" is kind of hilarious though

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
buzzfeed has some okay reporting on domestic issues. too bad it's completely inaccessible due to their horrible clickbait site. the only way to find it is to follow their reporters on twitter

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

pr0zac posted:

guess we're talking about this in here now

my point with my post back to anthonypants wasn't that they're definitely true you should believe the entire story completely immediately, but that rejecting it outright is being cynically overreactionary in the other direction, was trying to imply the correct perspective being skepticism while open to updates and new evidence before deciding solidly yes or no but failed pretty badly at anything other than thread making GBS threads

basically posting on my phone in a canadian tire waiting room then disappearing to work was kind of dumb if i was actually trying to spur conversation

regarding the actual story, it was originally reported by CNN not Buzzfeed which makes it less trustworthy imo, Buzzfeed has built an ok long-form journalism arm hiding behind all the listicle posts unlike CNN which has replaced everything with holograms retweeting and an animatronic taxidermied wolf blitzer

the source of the docs has been confirmed as a former mi6 spy who i guess is currently in hiding
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-38591382
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/01/11/former-mi6-officer-produced-donald-trump-russian-dossier-terrified

everything implying hes in hiding cause scared of russia vs "jfc I do not want to spend the next month of my life constantly hounded by reporters" is kind of hilarious though
i know the secfuck thread has had discussions about how mi5/mi6 has historically been super incompetent and just made poo poo up, but you're arguing we should give this former mi6 guy the benefit of the doubt just like we all took that former steadfast guy seriously about sa storing credit card information

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
maybe he's former mi6 for a reason

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-news/alex-jones-is-a-complete-fuckbag

Raere
Dec 13, 2007

I subscribe to game informer, mother jones, the atlantic, the economist, and scuba diving magazine
support journalism you like

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Shaggar posted:

mcdonald's is home to the McChicken™ which is the best fast food chicken sandwich and probably the best all around fast food sandwich there is

i like to put dave's insanity hot sauce on my mcchicken sanwdiches, op.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Raere posted:

I subscribe to game informer, mother jones, the atlantic, the economist, and scuba diving magazine
support journalism you like

please consider switching to the financial times instead of the economist, their takes on regulation and policy have a longer history of being sound and, more importantly, not batshit

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

fart simpson posted:

i like to put dave's insanity hot sauce on my mcchicken sanwdiches, op.

If your dog is named Yard Dancer, I think we owe *each other* apologies.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

cnn is really bad

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
mother jones is also bad

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

fart simpson posted:

cnn is really bad

Raere
Dec 13, 2007

mother jones is good overall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Raere posted:

mother jones is good overall
hmm i just checked and clara jeffery is still the editor-in-chief so you're megawrong here

• Locked thread