Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
"they were slaughtering the thin mints?"

"and they were screaming"

"and you ran away?"

"no, first i tried to free them. i... i opened the gate to their pen, but they wouldn't run- they just stood there confused, they wouldn't run"

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

Manifisto posted:

haha

"I ate his mallomars with jelly beans and a nice 2%" *thpthpthpthpthpthpthpt*

Nosfereefer

industrialized cookie farming is monstrous. they'll put as many oreos as physically possible in those tiny coops where they can't move. the stress of it all causes them to peck at each others fillings, or worse. maybe think about that next time you consider buying that "extra large" 20% off pack of oreos to gorge yourself on. is all that suffering really worth it for access to marginally cheaper cookies?

Nosfereefer

the baker: ah, fresh dough!

Nosfereefer

google THIS posted:

And the giant dough vats had no guard rails whatsoever. A worker fell in at least once a week. He would receive no compensation for removal of impacted pecans. Many of the workers turned to chocoholism to deal with the daily stresses of their job, and if they showed up sluggish from hyperglycemia they were rarely sent home.

Still, the cookies, if you could call them that, left the facility by the crateful. Cookies that had gone too stale to bite through were ground up, mixed with lye, and repackaged as biscotti. Cookies contaminated with raisins were sold to the masses as chocolate chip. And, worst of all, some of the managers of a British persuasion insisted on labeling the cookies as "biscuits," even though they would have tasted terrible with gravy.

-- Upton Eclair, The Jumble

:eyepop:

• Locked thread