Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

Ronnie posted:

:shittydog: Undertale :shittydog:

that's just labyrinth dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

I Said No posted:

that's just labyrinth dude

I was thinking MY girl, the one with Macaulay Culkin

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102492/

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Lime Tonics posted:

I was thinking MY girl, the one with Macaulay Culkin

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102492/

gently caress this movie gets me every time man

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

u sp33k l33t br0
Sep 12, 2007

Who Doesn't Like Intercourse?
Soiled Meat
I would watch an Earth Defense Force movie.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Ronnie posted:

:shittydog: Undertale :shittydog:

no

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
Nap Ghost

zenintrude posted:

The Assassin's Creed movie looks terrible - and by all accounts is terrible - so why don't we rebrand movies that are already good (or at least decent) with video game licenses.

I spend 8+ hours to finish a video game, that is a long time to watch a movie

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

u sp33k l33t br0 posted:

I would watch an Earth Defense Force movie.

Wasn't the EDF taken from a Godzilla movie?

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

The super solver vs Morty Maxwell and the cyberchimps in... GIZMOS AND GADGETS

actually probably not, sounds like spy kids but only slightly better

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Goldeneye

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

JFairfax posted:

Goldeneye

Slappers only

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
they are making a tetris movie and it's the planned first part of a cinematic universe.

you think i'm joking? :lol: i am not.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Sleeping Dogs would actually work

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IIWV01Sjic

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
Nap Ghost

would be better than the real poo poo

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Not mine.

Explosive Tampons
Jul 9, 2014

Your days are gone!!!

a bone to pick posted:

Editing text is hard OK??

No movie but at least a clip about the protagonist was made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snJXhKzs0bw

What a shame.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Couldn't have a more appropriate tagline considering I just got hooked.

Edit: Also, perfect!

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
Metal Gear

bad day
Mar 26, 2012

by VideoGames
No One Can Stop Mister Domino

You wouldn't even need to reference the game; title alone is enough to make a compelling franchise.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
No One Can Stop Mr. Domino is so compelling that I want it to be about his run for the White House in 2020.

"Don't Knock Domino"
"Topple Tyranny with Domino"
"Domino: Don't Knock Him"
"Domino: Change in Effect"

Seriously, though: I've been working on a rough draft of movies based on several old video games.

Atari Video Chess is about a man who can manipulate reality to win chess matches and the man determined to bring him down.

Atma McCuddles
Sep 2, 2007

Fallout New Vegas, up until the Courier deals with Benny, is a straight post-apoc revenge flick.

but it would still be lovely

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.
Anything wh40k would make a good sci-fi action flick, but I dunno if that counts as a video game since it was already an established franchise.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
okay hear me out
you'll have to imagine a little because i don't think i could draw this

make a movie out of highly acclaimed indie wonder rpg, undertale, a story about a kid lost in a cave full of wacky, quirky monsters

but instead of a one billion dollar budger or a cgi movie, do it muppet style with cardboard sets and felt puppets of all the monsters

so make the above characters like

or maybe like

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Splatterhouse. With the rise in pop culture horror in the last handful of years, it seems like a concept that someone would exploit to just do a 90 minute fun gore and violence fest. You could probably redesign the mask well enough to make sure it didn't violate any of the Jason Voorhees stuff but somehow manange to make it an homage to everything horror thing that has been made in the last 40 years.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
Nap Ghost

JediTalentAgent posted:

Splatterhouse. With the rise in pop culture horror in the last handful of years, it seems like a concept that someone would exploit to just do a 90 minute fun gore and violence fest. You could probably redesign the mask well enough to make sure it didn't violate any of the Jason Voorhees stuff but somehow manange to make it an homage to everything horror thing that has been made in the last 40 years.

when I was a kid in the early 90s I was sure that splatterhouse was a movie

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
A movie based on Rolling Thunder seems like it would be worth seeing. Sleek superspy running through a secret base killing hooded badguys.

Make it a starring vehicle for dude who plays Loki or JGL.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
There have been so many watchable to good movies based on lovely toy franchises. Why hasn't one video game adaptation gotten the formula right yet?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Imagine if there was a movie based on Slenderman? Ha-ha.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I would watch a movie based on Dune II.

Frisky
Apr 2, 2012

What turtle?

I love this so much and wish it was real

Frisky
Apr 2, 2012

What turtle?
A Resident Evil movie but this time actually based on the video games

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
Speaking of Resident Evil, is that considered the best video game-to-movie adaption? At least based on financial success? Because they made 28 of them.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Either BATTLE RAPER II: HYPERREAL ACTION, or Kirby because he's adorable.

Proposition Castle
Aug 9, 2004
Witty message goes here.

jon joe posted:

I'd watch an esports sports drama if they played it 100% straight

Main storyline: Can {underdog team} 5-man team (plus coach and back-up) pull themselves together in time to:
Act 1: Win entry to (generic yearly national/international MOBA tournament)
Act 2: Actually win the tournament

Subplots:
-One player on the 5-man team uses performance enhancing drugs! Ethics, safety concerns, and unclear regulations abound! Probably gets removed and that's where the back-up steps in, but learns from the experience.
-The main character, second player, NEEDS to win the prize money so he can afford to live!
-The main antagonist ALSO NEEDS to win the prize money so he can afford to do something nearly as important as living!
-The coach struggles with depression of being an ex-pro who injured his wrists and lives vicariously through his players, and is also an rear end in a top hat, but works on it!
-Third player on the team is some new kid who's a total protege, but has trouble being a team player
-The fourth player on the team isn't your typically e-sportsers, he has a loving wife and kids who don't approve of his "hobby". Can he salvage his relationships while still playing? (The answer is yes, but barely, and it negatively affects his performance)
-The final player on the team is a girl. Love quadrilateral with the MC, the back-up, and the rival. (Sorry, Bechdel). Also "dealing with sexism" and "proving the gaming world wrong" plotline.
-Back-up! Surprise, it's the main character's cooler older brother who isn't even close to being as good at games, but better in almost every other way. Only agreed to be the back-up to let the team register and never expected to need to play. MC needs to work through some complicated feelings.

Finale: In game against rival's team, the MC's team is fighting an uphill battle, looks like they're going to win, but end up losing. However, the MC recovers his relationship with his older brother who then provides for him to some extent so he can live. Girl ends up with rival, actually, but the rival turns out to be pretty cool too so it's OK, especially because the MC meets someone else totally unrelated to gaming (probably healthier). The fourth player realizes gaming isn't for him and returns back to his family. Prodige' gets picked up by another team and wins next year. Coach never resolves his feelings, but learns to cope. The e-sports establishment continues to grow. Credits.

Only if you make this 80s as hell. Or, do another lovely Grown-Ups movie where they all have to get into e-sports.

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp

I envision a 4 hour epic starring John Goodman as the Kool-Aid Man.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bob James posted:

I envision a 4 hour epic starring John Goodman as the Kool-Aid Man.
Why are those bad guys running away from thirst quenching? Look at their tongues they clearly have dry mouth.

Tomato Burger
Jun 18, 2007
The secret is granola.
Coming soon to a theater near you...

Think of the cross-promotion potential! Sneakers, surfboards, sunglasses. Heck, they could probably get a Pepsi or Coke tie-in!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I want a movie based on Zork, and it's just a bunch of text.

• Locked thread