Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

sudo rm -rf posted:

so i'm gonna be completely honest

i don't want people who make jokes about trans people, use 'human being' or the 'n-word' to feel welcome posting in this subforum

if they makes us insular, i'm cool with that

Perhaps if the community had stayed at this point instead of breaking down into the ridiculous joke they are now you would have had a point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

Call Me Charlie posted:

Avoid a ban or permaban by donating $10 to the charity cspam was already running a charity drive for as a gently caress you to Donald Trump.

vs

Get banned like you agreed to and give the forums money to get your account/avatar/upgrades back.

That doesn't seem like a wash to me. Trump toxxers gambled their account in a stupid forum traditional (which was upgraded to permabans after the fact unless they groveled for clemency) and they weren't even going to get the pay off from winning until the owner stepped in.

(And that's not mentioning ZDR taking away their gang tags for being too big when he lets multiple people keep their double tier avatars he gave them or those giant Robert whoever gang tags for president that were around the same size)

so like is it just the perceived "i get out of this toxx and get to feel good while doing so by telling donald trump to go gently caress himself while helping the victims of sexual assault" vs "you must renounce and therefore feel bad about your toxx if you want out"

because that just feels like a really superficial difference to me.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

new phone who dis posted:

Perhaps if the community had stayed at this point instead of breaking down into the ridiculous joke they are now you would have had a point.

you really really really should never accuse anyone of breaking down into a ridiculous joke natetimm

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

sudo rm -rf posted:

i don't want people who make jokes about trans people, use 'human being' or the 'n-word' to feel welcome posting in this subforum

mods? we need some swift intervention against this homophobe posting the f-word uncensored. nobody who is serious about social justice would post that word so casually.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

sudo rm -rf posted:

:yeah:

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

boner confessor posted:

you really really really should never accuse anyone of breaking down into a ridiculous joke natetimm

Breaking down into something would imply that I was not that thing in the first place.

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

IT'S GARBAGE DAY AT WENDY'S FUCK YEAH WE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT

sudo rm -rf posted:

so like is it just the perceived "i get out of this toxx and get to feel good while doing so by telling donald trump to go gently caress himself while helping the victims of sexual assault" vs "you must renounce and therefore feel bad about your toxx if you want out"

because that just feels like a really superficial difference to me.

you dont understand sudo

conservatives cannot abide having their feelings hurt its just not something they can deal with

thats why you need to say merry christmas

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

new phone who dis posted:

no you don't understand

if you were to go and do that poo poo elsewhere, i still don't want you to feel welcome posting here.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

The toxx dodging was bullshit because it was framed as a feel-good hug party instead of the miserable walk of shame it should have been.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Terrific Accident posted:

The toxx dodging was bullshit because it was framed as a feel-good hug party instead of the miserable walk of shame it should have been.

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

so it literally was about the feelings thing, not because of a material difference

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
Just a couple of boys with a humiliation fetish

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

*shrugs* We all got banned anyway, even if we did donate. You realize that, right?

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Majorian posted:

*shrugs* We all got banned anyway, even if we did donate. You realize that, right?

I do, and I thank the powers that be every day that it happened.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

piss__donald posted:

Just a couple of boys with a humiliation fetish

this is the worst dukes of hazzard reboot

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

But offering the trump toxxers the mercy of a month's probation if they just publicly repented and humiliated themselves was done out of the goodness of everyone's hearts, right.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

But offering the trump toxxers the mercy of a month's probation if they just publicly repented and humiliated themselves was done out of the goodness of everyone's hearts, right.

three months later and this still keeps you up at night huh

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

Gosh I'm sure glad that a bunch of people who didn't toxx for anyone have strong opinions about toxxing

Also, a good chunk of loving around with the trump toxx thread was baloogan feeling bad and trying to let people who didn't want to stay toxxed for trump after the sexual assault stuff get out of it, but I guess we can keep blaming zdr for it like some omnipresent liberal panopticon posting robot

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

As long as that toxx has been done it has been about banning the people who bet on the wrong horse. That was the game. It was stupid as hell to toxx on either side and also stpid as hell to attempt a break with tradition to spare some feelings just because some posting buddies got blindsided by conservative populism. Nobody is even pretending the trump toxxers would have been given the same deal so its weird and lovely that amnesty was ever on the table and im glad lowtax stepped in.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

boner confessor posted:

three months later and this still keeps you up at night huh

You'll be amazed to find out that I didn't bring this up, and I think toxxing is stupid, and that I'm a liberal and hypocrites of all stripes annoy me

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

You'll be amazed to find out that I didn't bring this up, and I think toxxing is stupid, but I'm a liberal and hypocrites of all stripes annoy me

ugh i can't stand the rank hypocrisy about ancient, decade-old traditional threats to conditionally self-ban on the something awful forums. some things are sacred god drat it!!! i say this as a liberal who is super upset about pro-hillary voters not being punished as much as i want them to be

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

basic hitler posted:

As long as that toxx has been done it has been about banning the people who bet on the wrong horse. That was the game. It was stupid as hell to toxx on either side and also stpid as hell to attempt a break with tradition to spare some feelings just because some posting buddies got blindsided by conservative populism. Nobody is even pretending the trump toxxers would have been given the same deal so its weird and lovely that amnesty was ever on the table and im glad lowtax stepped in.

the trump toxxers were given the chance to say "I don't want to stay toxxed for trump" and get a probation, but I'm sure this has been pointed out before

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
please take this one post from me, a single guy makng fun of you, and get really mad about the subforum hivemind echo chamber hugbox

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

boner confessor posted:

ugh i can't stand the rank hypocrisy about ancient, decade-old traditional threats to conditionally self-ban on the something awful forums. some things are sacred god drat it!!! i say this as a liberal who is super upset about pro-hillary voters not being punished as much as i want them to be

They actually got the punishment they originally agreed to, and I think this is a fair and hilarious thing.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

They actually got the punishment they originally agreed to, and I think this is a fair and hilarious thing.

so then why are you still mad about it if you got what you wanted

"oh no! some people almost didn't get banned from something awful! let me remember this and bring it up constantly months later, about how the forum accounts which should have been closed nearly werent closed but ultimately were!"

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
I'm not mad, this is funny to me, and I'm laughing

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka

boner confessor posted:

They agreed to a funny punishment that they thought would never possibly happen to them, on this, the forum that you've made 25,000 posts on

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

basic hitler posted:

they were literally given an out like two weeks before the election

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

boner confessor posted:

so then why are you still mad about it if you got what you wanted

"oh no! some people almost didn't get banned from something awful! let me remember this and bring it up constantly months later, about how the forum accounts which should have been closed nearly werent closed but ultimately were!"

*crosses arms, smiles* actually, I think you're the one who is mad

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Squashing Machine posted:

They agreed to a funny punishment that they thought would never possibly happen to them, on this, the forum that you've made 25,000 posts on

the punishment did happen to them so i guess the thing you're angry about is that it took a couple days to happen! my god the world is going to hell, when it takes more then 48 hours to process a toxx

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

sudo rm -rf posted:

they were literally given an out like two weeks before the election

It's true, if by "an out" you mean "debase yourself completely and eat a longass probation"

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
little old ladies can't even cross the street, boy scouts are smoking cigarettes, the old mill is closed, and it takes more than a day for a toxx to be enforced. gently caress. might as well hang myself before i'm reduced to bloodsports in a ruined safeway for stale twinkies

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

I do, and I thank the powers that be every day that it happened.

Wow, that's pretty sad, given that it didn't exactly last.

Who in D&D hurt your fee-fees so badly that this mass-toxx still makes you so happy?:allears:

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

why is "i renounce toxxing for trump, gently caress that guy' or something to that effect considering 'debasing yourself completely' and super humiliating? especially on cspam, the jokey non-serious politics forum

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

It's true, if by "an out" you mean "debase yourself completely and eat a longass probation"

the utter emasculation of a long probation. god drat, my fiance will divorce me and i'll be blackballed from my industry if i eat a month probie on the something awful forums

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
wait werent you just whining about toxxes taking too long to be enforced? now you're complaining about toxxes being commuted to a long probation as being too unfair. which is it? pick one and stick with it you weeping dickhole

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

boner confessor posted:

wait werent you just whining about toxxes being enforced? now you're complaining about toxxes being commuted to a long probation. which is it? pick one and stick with it you weeping dickhole

Are you drunk? Who are you arguing with right now?

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

He's swinging wild. Look out, everyone!!

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

you, you indecisive sad sack complainer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

I wouldn't call it much of an argument; you're embarrassing yourself, and the rest of us are standing around laughing at you.

• Locked thread