Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
My friends and I are playing a lot of Gitaroo man of late and it's the greatest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

julian assflange posted:

It's a perfect game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The 3rd encore pack for Future Tone is out today. May not get to it till the weekend because of P5 but now the console version is 1:1 with the JP arcade version

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!

julian assflange posted:

The effort that went into the multiplayer is seriously impressive.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Guitar Hero 2/Rock Band is how I met a lot of my friends IRL. I'll always have a soft spot for those. I went over to another teacher's house last week and played Rock Band 3 for hours and it was a blast.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

NickRoweFillea posted:

Guitar Hero 2/Rock Band is how I met a lot of my friends IRL. I'll always have a soft spot for those. I went over to another teacher's house last week and played Rock Band 3 for hours and it was a blast.

nice. you getting good grades in his class?

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

NickRoweFillea posted:

its crazy to think there was a time where almost every house had plastic instruments in it

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

trying to jack off posted:

its crazy to think there was a time where almost every house had plastic instruments in it

Good times. Playing Message in a Bottle with my buddies, and then eating some delicious food my mom made.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
i bought guitar hero so i could play trogdor

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

I still got all my guitar hero/rock band gear in my garage.. the thought of the possiblity of a impromptu jam sesh with the boys keeps me at ease

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

rediscover posted:

I still got all my guitar hero/rock band gear in my garage.. the thought of the possiblity of a impromptu jam sesh with the boys keeps me at ease

I think my stuff is in the attic at my parents. I should go get it. Is the new rock band worthwhile?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

still have my guitars in my basement. broke them out recently w/ a friend and had a blast.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

NickRoweFillea posted:

I think my stuff is in the attic at my parents. I should go get it. Is the new rock band worthwhile?

I can't tell if they made any real improvements but it's still got the insane library and it's not worse...I'll do the drums at a friends house every few months and it feels just right

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training posted:

The 3rd encore pack for Future Tone is out today. May not get to it till the weekend because of P5 but now the console version is 1:1 with the JP arcade version

:siren: 3rd Encore includes Snow Miku 2017 :siren:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It also includes a Phantom Thief outfit for everyone in the cast which I assume is a Persona 5 crossover because it's all sega stuff which is pretty badass.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

FF Curtain Call is twelve bucks on Amazon right now

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Thinking of all the cool songs there are to play on Rock Band....

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I just found out today that this Miku game has another mode called Survival Mode that's just hidden on the song select screen. Cool

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
finally got Crypt of the Necrodancer during the PS4 Easter sale... this game is awesome. Pretty hard, but when you get into the RHYTHM it's so cool and satisfying

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It only took me 4 months but I now own every cosmetic item in Hatsune Miku Project DIVA Future Tone (including DLC items)

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

FF Curtain Call is twelve bucks on Amazon right now

it's 12 bucks on Amazon again: https://www.amazon.com/Theatrhythm-Final-Fantasy-Curtain-Call-Nintendo/dp/B00K5K4JQG/

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Chill Penguin posted:

finally got Crypt of the Necrodancer during the PS4 Easter sale... this game is awesome. Pretty hard, but when you get into the RHYTHM it's so cool and satisfying
It's an amazing game. Up there with Spelunky and Nuclear Throne for me.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh snap! "Gitaroo Man And PaRappa the Rapper Developers Team Up To Announce Project Rap Rabbit"

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/05/12/gitaroo-man-parappa-rapper-developers-team-announce-project-rap-rabbit/

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

In Training posted:

Oh snap! "Gitaroo Man And PaRappa the Rapper Developers Team Up To Announce Project Rap Rabbit"

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/05/12/gitaroo-man-parappa-rapper-developers-team-announce-project-rap-rabbit/

yesyesyes

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

just got this in the mail, im excited

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It turned out to be a kickstarter :ughh: maybe the game will come out in 3 years

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

In Training posted:

It turned out to be a kickstarter :ughh: maybe the game will come out in 3 years

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

In Training posted:

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's not making its goal either rip

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

crosspost

In Training posted:

Update to a prior entry:

Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Future Tone all Charts, Modules and Accessories Unlocked. i thought Extreme would always be out of my reach but the last 50 or songs i beat on hard I cleared 90%+ on first attempt and got some perfects on the easier ones. I may be ready to try and go for a All Extreme Clear over the next few months

:D

i also noticed something weird wrapping up the last few songs, is that sometimes Hold notes will fill out the song% bar while you hold them, and on some songs they dont. is there any rhyme or reason to that?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

finally did this after looking at some of the Extreme charts and in my brief time with it, im obviously going to have to relearn muscle memory on the button presses, but this immediately opened my Third Eye to the multibutton patterns. it makes so much more freaking sense when you look at the arcade layout and the multibutton holds are just arranged on the screen to match where the buttons physically are.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
a friend moved away and gave me his old cobalt flux hard pad so ive been playing a ton of ddr and falling back in love with it. its so nice not having to worry about the pad sliding around

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i wish to some day play beatmania with a proper pad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

big favorite

• Locked thread