Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug

Melthir posted:

Hey you fucks, nothing is ever bad enough to kiss your old lady goodnight then blow your brains out while laying in bed next to her. gently caress call some one god drat. Just had a civilian here on base that ive been friends with for ten years off himself for reasons unkown. Pretty shure he had issues with his 17 year old being a dick

[quote="Melthir" post="472314764"]
Hey you fucks, nothing is ever bad enough to kiss your old lady goodnight then blow your brains out while laying in bed next to her. gently caress call some one god drat. Just had a civilian here on base that ive been friends with for ten years off himself for reasons unkown. Pretty shure he had issues with his 17 year old being a dick but loving call someone, get some loving help. gently caress.

Same. I am I wreck but I won't gently caress my people like that.

Had a friend call us up to pick him up for a party one time. His wife and kids were back home for a bday or somesuch

He swallowed a .44 that night and wanted us to find hm instead of his fam. Good call for him. And gently caress him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
I've had similar situations where people have discounted my experiences because they, "couldn't find it on Google."

Don't ever second guess what you've lived, experienced, or accomplished. Your life is uniquely yours, and for someone to challenge these events is hollow. If you find yourself among those who challenge your life or experiences, call them out. Better yet find better companions.

Appreciate your efforts, you've earned them.

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
As Wasabi said, introspection is good. Just reflecting inward and analyzing your actions is a good thing.

Please don't be too critical of yourself, we are all human, and have flaws and challenges in life. The fact that you can express your issues and troubles is a great thing.

One thing I've learned is there are people who are educated on these things and can help. Hoping you can find some folks to have a vent or a chat. I'd be happy to listen, or BS with you if you're so inclined.

Hang in there man!

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
Had a significant mental break at my girlfriend's daughter's party. Thought I was enlightened and reasonable, but it turns out, I am still a broken rear end in a top hat.

Don't be complacent, don't think you're good just because there's a lull. Continue with your programs. I will not recover from this and I deserve the damage, it's my own failing and now I get think about these things every day.

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
Hang in there. Sounds like a pretty toxic environment that would look better behind you. If you ever need to vent or chat hmu

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
Edit here

My friends, my sister, my neighbors are eating COVID.

My GFs daughter is a doctor, and she is front-line. She lives with us. She is breaking down mentally and I try to support her, but there is no relevance. How can I help a kid who watches people die every day?

Booger Presley fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Dec 5, 2020

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
If want to chat/vent at a real person, I'd be happy to oblige.

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug

Eason the Fifth posted:

If you don't mind, let me know how they work and if you think they're worth it. I have a Prozac bottle sitting on my counter I got like a year ago but never worked up the bravery to try. When the anxiety gets bad I think they might be worth taking but in the end I never do.

After the deployments I was non-functional. I avoided everything for months. Only left the apartment for groceries at night. VA psychiatrist prescribed Prozac.

After about ten days of taking it, it worked. I experienced a very clear and distinct shift in mood, feelings and thoughts.

Future rounds of the medication did not have the same profound results, but it got me moving forward and started my repairing process.

Hope you're able to manage what troubles you, best wishes.

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
Holy poo poo. Flick and Baldomero are dead. There is nothing I can do. What the gently caress. Where are my friends? Why did this happen. Where are my friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Hope you're holding it together, boogs.

Yeah I'm alright. Things will go pretty well, then that poo poo hits pretty hard out of nowhere. Lost my cool for bit, apologies.

Still difficult to accept though.