Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Bored As gently caress posted:

I loving hate my job. Someone tell me how to get into cyber security. I'm willing to go back to school for it. I have a BS in Business Admin and Marketing and I'm almost finished with a Masters in Homeland Security.

My mental health has been so hosed since my dad died a few months ago, and being in a toxic work environment with sociopaths for leaders isn't helping.

Sorry if this is the wrong thread. I'm struggling here.

Hey, CISO here.

With this background my advice to you would be to look into analytics, and/or privacy and compliance, there is a demand for people in those fields too. People who can assess risk, threats, or who can implement or audit infosec management systems. Feel free to DM me if you wanna look into it, I'm lazy right now. Sorry late answer.

So sorry about your dad. Toxic work environmenta are poo poo, I quit my job in may last year and I'm just now getting past all the bullshit there. I can guarantee things will get better when you get a new direction in your career.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

SANS courses are pricey, but when i assess CVs from vendors they always weigh heavy in favour.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

I envy you for having that spirituality. Chiming in to say you will be doing the right thing by yourself and others by working with other orgs as well.

Things aren't so good right now, haven't been for a few months. Haven't really got much I can manage to say or write about it. Lotta ghosts. Just one day at a time will do right now.