Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ziji
Oct 20, 2010
Yossarian lives!
I tried PM'ing OP for slack access, but it says their account can't receive PMs. Is there anyone else I can PM? I'm in a bit of a spot and looking for some support.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziji
Oct 20, 2010
Yossarian lives!
Haha okay, thanks guys I got the PM! I'll join later today.

Ziji
Oct 20, 2010
Yossarian lives!
Just needed somewhere to post for right now. I was in the GIP discord but left after a particularly bad day on Zoloft. My psych is having me come off the med because she said it was an "activator" for me. I was having bad times before, but this poo poo has set me back years therapy wise/mental health wise. I truly believe I would have killed myself if I had continued to take it/had access to a gun or some means of suicide that was quick and didn't require much thought. For anyone who knows me, if you thought I was having a bad time before: it's way, way worse now. It's been getting better as the medicine washes out of my system but I don't think I'll even be half as stable as I was before; and I wasn't that stable to begin with. Just feel completely defeated from the whole experience.

Ziji
Oct 20, 2010
Yossarian lives!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

come back on discord dude

If someone can invite me I will

Ziji
Oct 20, 2010
Yossarian lives!

Wroughtirony posted:

Got you. Check your PMs.

Thanks

Ziji
Oct 20, 2010
Yossarian lives!
Getting a divorce. Finally got my meds right and was level headed again for the most part. Was a brutal pill to swallow especially when it seemed like everything was looking up. Thought I'd let you guys know since it was a whole thing a while back. Wish I could see things as negatively as everyone else but I was really hoping it wouldn't turn out this way.

Ziji
Oct 20, 2010
Yossarian lives!
Remember when y'all told me to get divorced? Life has been legitimately good since then. Actually happy for the first time in years. Having some issues today, but I'll get past them and then it'll be smooth sailing again. You would think maybe this would change my stubborn worldview and you would be wrong, but I will at least admit this time that divorce is good.

Ziji
Oct 20, 2010
Yossarian lives!

stevobob posted:

Ziji, I'm glad to read that. Be happy, you deserve it.

Don't worry, it didn't last long. Been on the brink lately, not even sure why I stopped in to check out SA or why I am posting this. PTSD is a bitch. Buddy from my old unit got into a motorcycle accident and is paralyzed now. I'm going to visit him but no one gives a poo poo about anyone anymore. I would rejoin the discord and talk about it but if I'm being real, talking about everything doesn't help; it makes it worse. Things that were never an issue for me before, particularly from my deployment, are all encompassing now. I just hope y'all are doing good.

Ziji
Oct 20, 2010
Yossarian lives!

Bored As gently caress posted:

I want you to listen to this guy - he's a former Green Beret, former CAG, and former CIA.

This interview with him was so, so inspiring for me. I think you might get something out of it, especially because he went through some very dark times with PTSD.

I really got a lot out of it. And I'm not even a vet.

https://youtu.be/oZLUyOmJt3c

With all due respect, no thanks. Stuff like that has never worked for me but I appreciate the gesture.

stevobob posted:

Sending love, my dude. It's good you posted. I personally am doing pretty well right now, some others are too, but of course we've all got poo poo we need help with and we're here for each other. I hear you on not wanting to talk about poo poo, but even if you just want to rejoin to say hi, we'd love to see you.

There is nothing left for me, unfortunately. Society does not want me or people like me in it, and who I am to argue. Between the VA destroying me physically (surgery without consent), my newly resurged and extremely bad PTSD, I give up. The world passed me by when I was in and I didn't fully realize it until this month. I'm strongly considering cutting the internet completely, but either way this is me signing off of SA. I appreciate everyone here who tried to help me, and to a point it did help, but I no longer wish to do anything except exist and be left alone. I wish you guys the best and hope everyone is doing well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziji
Oct 20, 2010
Yossarian lives!
I'm done being crazy (for the most part). Does anyone have a discord link?