Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Anyone here have any experience with Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome? This is a total internet self-diagnosis, but all the symptoms I have seem to match:

• Starts from stress and sitting all day
  • The pelvic floor muscles tighten up and send pain through the pelvis and groin -- feels like a "pelvic migraine" that hurts the taint, balls, and dick (this sucks just as much as you might imagine)
  • Stretching helps (there's a couple videos online that did me a world of good)
  • When I feel it start to flare up, I can tell myself that it'll go away, and it often does (but when it doesn't, any sensation down there makes me flinch)
  • The anxiety -> pain feedback loop is bad with this (which is mostly why I'm posting it here in the mental health thread)

This has been going on intermittently for just about a year now (started with the onset of covid) and it's a lot better than it was last year, but I'm sort of worried that it's still hanging around. Now that I'm vaccinated I set up a urologist appointment for it, but in the meantime, just wondering if any of you guys have something similar and if there's any solutions you found.

edit: the worst snipe since that lovely Clint Eastwood movie

Eason the Fifth fucked around with this message at 03:55 on May 2, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

I'm sorry man. Mine went in 2014 from an abdominal aneurysm. He got hurt at work but it burst before they could do anything about it. It's the one thing that really divided my life into before and after. The grief is going to ambush you for the next year or so and it absolutely sucks. For what it's worth, I found that remembering the good times, and being the kind of person he'd want you to be, will help get you through. It did for me, anyway.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

Pine Cone Jones posted:

I started my anti anxiety meds today here's to hoping they work.

If you don't mind, let me know how they work and if you think they're worth it. I have a Prozac bottle sitting on my counter I got like a year ago but never worked up the bravery to try. When the anxiety gets bad I think they might be worth taking but in the end I never do.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
That may have come off a little strong -- I'm not exactly in dire straights or anything mentally these days, it's just some bad patches here and there, mostly related to health anxiety. Probably it's just from smoking too much weed, but sometimes the anxiety happens sober, which is when I start thinking about the Prozac. :shrug: I'm glad to hear that it worked for you guys, though.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
It's extremely cool to hear that, dude. I'm in a better spot now than I was back then, and I'm using an elliptical to keep my mood up, but it's good to know that if I slip again the medicine can be a good backstop.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
If I plug my ears tight with my fingers, or wear very dense earplugs, I have a two-tone ringing in my right ear and a fainter single-tone ringing in my left ear. I can change the intensity of the tone by moving my jaw or by holding my nose and mouth closed and trying to pop my ears. Most of the time, though, the ringing is unnoticeable unless I force myself to focus on it. Is this a form of damage-caused tinnitus, or like an inner ear problem?

Edit: I should add that I was an 81mm mortarman and did more than a few livefires as the a-gunner without hearing protection, so I'm obviously leaning toward the damage diagnosis, but im not sure if the tone and intensity changing with my jaw movement is a symptom of real tinnitus. What I have doesn't sound nearly as bad as what some of you guys describe.

Eason the Fifth fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Mar 25, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
That's really the big thing. Try again.

You mentioned the other day that you aren't a veteran, which is fine obviously, being a vet doesn't indicate anything about the caliber of a person except that they're, you know, probably retarded. But one (and probably the only) good thing I took away from my bullshit time in the military is something that you really don't need military service to understand: the only sin is stopping or quitting. Keep working toward what you want. Get drunk and hate yourself for it when it doesn't work out, whatever. But once that's over stand up and go fail some more.

Eason the Fifth fucked around with this message at 20:47 on May 3, 2022