Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

NEED IMMEDIATE HELP? Call Veterans Crisis Line 1-800-273-8255 and press 1
or text 838255

Feeling alone & isolated?
Bored at work?
Unable to talk to someone who's been through the same poo poo as you?
Tired of dealing with the same old douchebags in GiP & willing to deal with another set of random douchebags?
Just feel chatty or want to brag about Tinder bitches or how to bake bread?

Slack on a PC

Slack App

Google Hangouts is dead. Long Live google hangouts.

GiP get help chat now uses Slack. You can use your computer, tablet, iphone, or android smartphone. If poo poo gets real with people feeling suicidal, we get serious & help out people in need.
Otherwise the hangout chat is basically Drunk Thread 69.0: NO MODS, NO MASTERS, NO COPS.

What is slack and why not just go to #gip?
Slack is a text based, social chat service that is more customizable & has admins/mods for each group of people in it.
The big thing for is that you can edit ALL your posts & the support system is a interactive bot.

Slack is also semi-private while IRC has 403,696,969+ possible people that can join in.

How Do you get slack?

Step 1: Install the Slack app on whatever device you plan on using.
Slack on google play
Slack on ITunes
Slack is also browser based and has an App for PC and macs.

Step 2: Get invited into the Gip Slack.
Any sort of email will work, use whatever email you want. PM me for an invite. I will be making a couple of people admins so they can also send invites.

Step 3: SHITPOST as much as you feel like.

Step 4: Turn off notifications in chat otherwise you'll go insane from the constant alerts.

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

All drunk chat and dumb poo poo I say/post aside the hangouts has helped me out (multiple times) when I've been in dire need and needed an outlet, or just simply for venting. Arguably prevented unneeded medical visits. I only wish it was around sooner

Suffice as to say if you're on the fence, intimidated for some reason, or even think the idea of talking to a group of randoms about your poo poo is weird I urge you to please at least check it out. Whether or not you're a GIP regular or just lurking

Bring your phone charger with you though

IF YOU PM US ASKING FOR SLACK ACCESS, AND GET NO RESPONSE BACK? WE HAVE NO IDEA WHO YOU ARE, GO POST IN GIP THREADS SO WE KNOW WHO YOU ARE....

What if I don't want to go through all this stupid steps?
There is a handful of dudes in irc, SynIRC #gip

*who the gently caress is IDR?
Oh man, let me enlighten you with this link
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3551832%26userid=0%26perpage=40%26pagenumber=13

If anyone has questions about slack please feel free to ask.

ElMaligno fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Jan 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Send you an invite as i had to step outside.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

A reminder i need your guys emails if you want a slack invite.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

You can change your user name in slack, its kinda buried in all the bullshit.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

If you need help, you are welcome.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I forgot to take my antidepressants today and boy do I feel like poo poo.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Wasabi the J posted:

Hey guys has anyone (still in even) had a ton of anxiety lately?

I've been having non stop stress dreams the last 5 days. I haven't been taking on more news than normal, I've even dialed it back, I'm not going through a lot of stressful poo poo. I work out, and have been eating healthy.

Just the last week, I'm going to bed and fighting through hours of being late to formation with a beard and in civies, and someone reminding me I smoked pot in the dream (I don't smoke IRL and I'm active guard), deploying to somewhere to fight in a trench, and this kind of poo poo goes for hours and I wake up exhausted.

I've been freaked out by now persistent it is and I'm trying every relaxation technique I know, but the stress is starting to creep into my waking life.

I had wicked anxiety during the last couple of months.

also for slack users, my invites have been slow but I would also suggest you guys ask for a GIP discord invite since that is way more active than the slack channel.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Null Integer posted:

I need an invite to slack. evil(dot)pie@gmail

Check your PM.

Also we really dont use slack anymore and are all about Discord.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Guess who has two thumbs and talked to his doctor about tapering off from anti depressants?

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Its been a week since i have stoped using antidepresants, it feels good to live without their side effects. But i will never disparage them because they are the reason i was able to become less of a sad mess, meet my GF, who decided to live with me.

Also the struggle is still real though.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Last year my dad was diagnosed with Parkinson.
This year he was diagnosed with dementia caused by Parkinson's

Going to depression nap for a while

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Also i ugly cried on my GF lap for 10+ minutes or so while constantly screaming "Its not fair, he has suffered enough"

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I finally got a new therapist appointed by tricare and got an appointment with him.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

LingcodKilla posted:

Nice! No pushback at all?

only pushback i had was for my security clerance investigation.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Test are in my dad doesn't have dementia. Memories issues are from unrelated mental/physical health issues and temporary.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Hello my dudes, i have been working graveyard shifts and SAD has been hitting me hard.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Wasabi the J posted:

Hey bro just got off my 2300-1000 rotation. I feel you.

Chat rooms stave off the loneliness for a while. Blackout curtains, strict lights off hours and "goodnight" rituals help too.

Sorry bro.

To be fair the worse was being unable to sleep, waking up after a couple of hours of sleep, or waking up super early on my days off.

Sarah posted:

Are you going to be on graveyard for a while? Maybe look into getting a light therapy box.

I have one and i also take vitamin D.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Im feeling better, I'm switching to days tomorrow abs im going out more often.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Hello not only I'm I anxious about Iran, the election, maria, the earthquake, my dad, my wife, getting ready to test out for e6 advancement, so on and so.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Melthir posted:

You ok man. If you need someone to talk to while at work look up Greer in AK on cg messenger or hit me up on discord.

im ok, I talk to the wife and the news about the earthquake has me numb.

im just tired

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Melthir posted:

You ok bud?

no, its not a good time for me

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Things are a lil better, good enough to write ideas for my dnd game but still bad enough for me to stay in bed and sleep.

I mean im working graveyard shift, but still...

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Im doing better thanks

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

My big brother announced that he is going to PR on Christmas. Same big brother who hasn't been on the island for 6 years, same big brother who announced he was going to visit PR on Christmas 2 years ago and he never showed up.

loving plane tickets to PR cost about 800 to 1200 on foam goddamm Christmas. Thankfully the wife is OK with it because she loves my family.

My main problem with this poo poo show is one of my brothers being a loving idiot and giving me unasked unwarranted advice on how to save money like:

That i should do my layover in Orlando (there are no layovers from Portland)

That I should do a Space-A flight to Orlando (he has never done one of those)

That I should visit PR more often and also on Christmas (I am not made of money)

Here is a picture to convey my emotions

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I have been super depressed, super anxious and horriblizing constantly.
its helping that i am in coastal oregon...
its not helping that i am active duty...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Syrian Lannister posted:

Is there a specific discord get help channel?

Just for future reference

GiP discord has a VFW channel.