Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonkeyWash
Jan 14, 2005
Donkey Rinse

moving this

MonkeyWash fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Jan 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonkeyWash
Jan 14, 2005
Donkey Rinse

I go through the same thing as well. These are all great suggestions. I do the mindfulness too. I also like to read and practice some stoicism exercises. Check out the a view from above exercise, it helps me realize that the things I'm stressing out about aren't that bad.

https://dailystoic.com/view-from-above/

MonkeyWash
Jan 14, 2005
Donkey Rinse

Wasabi the J posted:

I'm so tired.

I need to get service connected in the VA and I literally don't know where the gently caress to start.

Everyone talks about how they got their poo poo for flat feet and shin splints and I don't know how to get A VA BRAIN DOCTOR to rate me for having suicidal ideations and hosed up guts.

Every piece of advice feels worthless because I can't keep track of what I'm supposed to do because I can not think straight 90% of the day. I start the process, get lost, ask the wrong question, get the wrong appointment, and then get a bill in the mail.

I have to remind myself out loud what I'm doing for Christ sake; how the gently caress am I supposed to hound a loving institution for healthcare?

Do you have a VSO (Veteran Service Officer) or an attorney to help guide you? The VSO's are free through different organizations like the American Legion and stuff.

MonkeyWash
Jan 14, 2005
Donkey Rinse

Woofer posted:

I’ve fallen into a pretty bad slump with motivation. Days go by where I accomplish nothing at work and it’s eventually going to catch up to me and really gently caress me over. I JUST got a promotion and I’m pissing all over it. And I kind of just don’t care.

I don’t find joy in anything.

I think the state of the world is really starting to get to me. And it’s unfortunate that we are in a lockdown, because you can’t help but be fully aware of how lovely things have gotten.

I wouldn’t say I’m depressed? I am definitely bummed out, but I’ve been fighting depression for a long time and this just doesn’t feel the same as depression does. Maybe numb is a better word. Idk.

You're depressed. That's all part of it. Reach out if you need to.

MonkeyWash
Jan 14, 2005
Donkey Rinse

Woofer posted:

taking a break from the forums. probably gonna go join the protesters in DC.

stay safe everyone. godspeed.

Be safe and know your rights

MonkeyWash
Jan 14, 2005
Donkey Rinse

gently caress cancer, I am so sorry for your loss

MonkeyWash
Jan 14, 2005
Donkey Rinse

Hey goons, I had a fall a couple of months ago which led to a head CT. The CT showed some thyroid nodules, and what do you know a biopsy showed cancer. I had a total thyroidectomy two weeks ago. Unfortunately it didn't get all the cancer so I get to take a big dose of radiation in a couple of months.

The point of all this is that the thyroid cancer is more than likely caused by radiation exposure. I had exposures in Gulf War 1 and OIF as well as whatever burn pit stuff wafted about.

Something to keep an eye out for if any of you were exposed. Thyroid cancer and is easily treatable. Catch it early and take some motrin.

MonkeyWash
Jan 14, 2005
Donkey Rinse

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Glad they caught your cancer early enough to do something about it, MW. Hope you're doing well.

Thanks for the well wishes everyone. I am doing well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonkeyWash
Jan 14, 2005
Donkey Rinse

Aopeth posted:

Nevermind.

Hey, I hope you are ok. Please reach out if you need help. There's a Discord server too, if you want to chat