Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Nowhere else I can think of to post this but jfc man. hosed up childhood and teens, had to drop out of HS and get a ged so I could work and move out. Went in the navy eventually. Ged was fine. Asvab got me into all the c schools I could want and didn't have to worry.

So finally went to therapist today, got meds without getting threats like at the VA, went to the movies, life is good. Decide to check on finally going back to school, oh hey Texas won't send ged transcripts anymore to anyone but the person who got it. Get email from school, only way I can attend is as a non degree seeking student unless they get an official transcript. Which the state won't send.

So now my only option is to....get a loving ged again or not go to school.

Guess I'm not.

Feels bad, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Crab Dad posted:

I’m sorry did you go through a big life change?
Can’t they send the GED to you and you can then forward the unopened letter to the college?

Moved out at 16, joined at 20, did 10. So 36 now, and have a well paying job, but want a degree just because I know this gig was pure loving luck. And nope, they specifically say anything forwarded isn't valid. Requesting a meeting with the dean but really just feels like living the same trauma I fid as a teen loving over again.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Yeah, I'm waiting on a response to that now. Just so loving stupid.