Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Bloody Cat Farm posted:

Basically, he got so wrapped up in his own mind with stuff that he was going through, that he wasn't very present in the relationship. We talked about it and it seemed like we understood each other and were going to work on things on each of our ends. I would be more patient with him and he would try to be more present. Things improved. Apparently in his fragile mental state it was all too much pressure for him.

100% know what this is like, and still dealing with it.

not your fault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

gently caress

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

hey what are the downfalls of getting a mmj perscription?

i went to the va last week to get looked over again for ptsd. Doctor said yep. Getting looked at by mental health on Thursday, and been talking seriously with the wife about it. She's for it, but I want to know what I'm looking at before I get added to the list.

i know weapons are a no-no. im fine with that. never fired a weapon outside of the army, prolly never will again.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

not at all

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

christmas is a month of guilt where the best you’ll make out is maybe socks

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

text your buddies today and make plans to meet up

i just group texted my crew today insisting we meet up for the holidays and ive been feeling good ever since

so stop making excuses. do it. make it a goal for the holiday season. get krunk on beer/weed/sobriety safely and share the stories and enjoy it.

you’ll feel better. i swear.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

With all the Bourdain stuff out now, I figured it'd be good to repost this.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

I watch old Letterman clips on youtube or smoke a bowl or both

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

mods changed my name posted:

MAN, that last time with warren zevon tho

I know

I know

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KC9zBn50pUA

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

ty for letting us know

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Handsome Ralph posted:

Don't want to share this in the CE thread but just found out a friend of mine was killed in Afghanistan...

I'm in total loving shock right now.

gently caress im sorry dude

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

ElMaligno posted:

Its been a week since i have stoped using antidepresants, it feels good to live without their side effects. But i will never disparage them because they are the reason i was able to become less of a sad mess, meet my GF, who decided to live with me.

Also the struggle is still real though.

congrats man. i stopped mine (with doc permission, natch) before the holidays and yeah. they were so goddamn helpful just getting me started and getting over that first hump of dealing with poo poo

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

That’s great to hear, brother.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

proud of you, for reals

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

behavioral help is a good step to helping with that though dude

seriously good on you for taking control of that poo poo and working on it. you'll feel so much better when you're out but in the meantime no shame in getting a lil help

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

hes in discord now for those wondering

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

come back on discord dude

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

some truthbombs from skweezy jibbs

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

yeah box fan for life

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

mine def gets worse with stress

but yeah im stuck on the prescription box fan plan for life.

Airpod Pros did work well with the noise cancelling though, and never had any issue with my tinnitus using them. Some in earbuds seem to make it worse for me for some reason but the only ones that I really found to work well besides the airpod pros are a $50 pair of sony megabass ones that for some reason hit my sweet spot.

plus megabass rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Crazyman69 posted:

Is this the correct forum to post about mental health stuff? I don't want to post in the wrong forum.

this is it yeah let loose