Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?
I PM'd ElMaligno for an entry to slack.... I don't know anything about it, really though.

To be fair, I'm fire/EMS based GiP, not military, so I dunno what the rules are for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Melthir posted:

Hey you fucks, nothing is ever bad enough to kiss your old lady goodnight then blow your brains out while laying in bed next to her. gently caress call some one god drat. Just had a civilian here on base that ive been friends with for ten years off himself for reasons unkown. Pretty shure he had issues with his 17 year old being a dick but loving call someone, get some loving help. gently caress.

This.

Forever this.

I've had hard weeks. I've had some rough weeks, but forever and ever this.

Talk here, talk on discord, whatever you need.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Hey, I've gotta run some errands and poo poo... But could someone PM me the current discord information? It's been a bit since I've used it, but... I think now's a good time.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

DaNerd posted:

I'm in a nursing program and need to sit in on a peer support group as a part of the program. I was hoping to find something vet oriented but I haven't had much luck finding official peer support groups of any kind.

Does anyone here know of a peer support group that may be willing to let a nursing student observe a session?

What part of the country are you in, and what type of Peer Support? Formally organized, part of a larger organization or more informal?

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Hey guys

I’ve used this thread and the discord for help before. I want to return the favor. I am a career, union FF/EMT and have been working in this field for 9+ years. I have zero military experience, but I’ll leave it at this - I’ve seen som poo poo, probably on a lesser level than most of you, maybe on the same level as some.

I’ve also completed training for peer support, started and obtained funding for a peer support program, and have been working in that realm for the past couple of years for my own fire department. I have access to and know of a variety of resources and people to whom I can reach out and ask for help or put you into contact with. The majority of the organizations and people who support first responders oftentimes also work with or started their organizations by working with military personnel.

Shoot me a PM any time, or you can get my email that way or if you need it my cell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

TheWeedNumber posted:

I appreciate it friend. I really do. Talked to shim just now, he schooled me. Another bro is in the DMs, imma hit him up tonight with THE DM. And Windshipper is calling me up in an hour+ or so.

Screaming a little bit less internally. Really appreciate the assists y’all. Thank you for what y’all do for each other, but esp how y’all are helping me rn. Thank you.

E: talked to Windshipper. Feeling quite a bit better and understanding my situation more. Going to sleep. Will dm the other bro in the afternoon. Thanks again friends.

Glad to hear I could help, brother. Take care and even if you subconsciously feel unnerved, know that you’ve got this and can handle it. You’ll be ok.

Edit: I also feel like I should clarify something - I am willing and I hope able to help out anyone here. I am, however west coast and my contacts - as a result - are primarily west coast. That doesn’t mean I can’t reach out to people who maybe know someone or know an organization who can help. A lot of mental health is simply, “Hey I know someone who knows someone, let me help you tread water until further help can be reached.”

I am truly glad that I was able to talk to TheWeedNumber and give that perspective, but I also don’t want to juice myself beyond who I am.

But I am always available, given my normal work and life constraints. That said, I think he will back me up that I reached back out to him as soon as I saw his PM and did my best to set up a time to contact him. I will respond in kind to anyone who wants it.

windshipper fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Mar 29, 2023