Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

I'd use onboard video temporarily and see if the issues continue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

I'd run the portable zip edition of CDI to check HD health:
http://crystalmark.info/download/index-e.html

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Mediph posted:

What am I supposed to do?

I'd disconnect everything but the OS drive temporarily. You did pass the CDI test but an HD can still have issues without showing errors there.

If you still get errors with only the OS drive then I'd try using only one stick of RAM temporarily. If the issues still happen with one stick of RAM then I'd try only the other stick. Memory tests aren't 100% conclusive either.

If that doesn't work then it's probably a motherboard issue or possibly CPU. Or you may be really unlucky and received two bad PSUs in a row. It is possible.

If you want to be thorough you could take the motherboard out of the case and put it on a nonconductive surface and use a key/paperclip to bridge the power pins on the motherboard (this will eliminate the case/power button as being issues).

Funddevi posted:

Have you ruled out RAM issues with memtest86 or the like?

In the OP he did say he passed memory tests.

Zogo fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Feb 11, 2017

• Locked thread