Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

elektroboot posted:

Does anyone even know how to get in touch with them anymore? They did a pretty good job of disappearing from the internet. Maybe the guy who finished shipping books for the kickstarter, Max Temkin? I'm not really expecting a different response if I do get in touch, but I guess it's worth a try

it's me im am your friend jom camble and, i say, it is okay to post! i have been waiting for this day, for a friend to come and to post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

. Giggle at the stuff, then wipe the drive and repurpose the machine.

ChairMaster posted:

if you give a poo poo about what John Campbell wants, then you would keep it offline and preferably destroy it.

Ok wow don't wipe the drive, holy poo poo. If anything make a back up, even if you have no intention of using it,

You don't have to share it, ever, but wiping the drive would be an irreversible and senseless act of destruction. I shouldn't have to say that. Preserving even the lowest of culture in as close to its original form as you can is just basic cultural responsibility. That's why a goon restored Manos The Hands of Fate, and video game nerds are working to preserve standard definition CRT technology so the people of the future can see what pixels looked like before we invented straight lines. Even Red Letter Media, who regularly joke about destroying the last remaining copies of terrible VHS tapes with no apparent cultural value or significance on Best of the Worst, have tipped their hand to reveal they keep back-up copies of every tape they destroy.

There are countless books, movies, songs, comics, and tv shows that were lost to history because nobody thought to save them, and we mourn them. No matter how low brow they were. We mourn the lost episodes of Dr. Who. We mourn London After Midnight, we mourn Double Exposure, we mourn the lost first operetta of Gilbert & Sullivan. You have no idea what will be important to history. Do not, do not, do not, do not, DO NOT ever destroy the last known copy of an artist's work, holy Mary mother of God pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death amen

Cubone
May 26, 2011

ChairMaster posted:

It's not like he's got the last remaining archive in the world or something, all the pfsc stuff is still in possession of a lot of people all around the internet aside from myself, and I'm pretty sure people uploaded the archive on 4chan or something as soon as they got it emailed to them back whenever that was.

Oh ok, destroy it then.

• Locked thread