Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Does it smell much while fermenting? I'd like to try this but if it stinks up the joint, maybe not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Awesome, think I'll give this a shot then. Worst case scenario I have a dirty jar to wash, otherwise delicious fizzy drinks.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

My scoby finally arrived! It was warm inside of the Amazon box the pouch came in, so I'm at least pretty sure it's not DOA. Tomorrow after work I can get this party started.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

How bad is it if my scoby sank? I'm realizing that my comfortable living temperature is at least ~5-10 degrees lower than what's recommended and that may be a problem. I have the jar on top of my fridge and I've been using the apartment heater in spite of my preference, but it's probably still colder than it should be. No visible mold yet and I haven't finished the first fermentation but I'm starting to think that for this to work I need to build some kind of custom (possibly heated) box for it to live in.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Well that's good. I was worried it had died or something, guess we'll see how it plays out in the next week or so.

• Locked thread