Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

babypolis posted:

that dude is not wrong about hispanics being racist as gently caress. americans are just more overt about the whole thing i guess

Yeah society as a whole here is probably MORE racist than the USA but we are just better at hiding it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

qnqnx posted:

Worthless country celebrating a worthless person.

Give them the sea access back you fuckhead

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Fallen Hamprince posted:

allow me to prove that i'm not racist by demonstrating how another race is more racist

Don't pos here, rapist man

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Kunster posted:

They took out the department meant to persecute slavery under the stance of being a waste of resources so a lil bit worse!

Rural workers can now be paid in food and company scrip so it does make sense

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Sao Paulo mayor is now giving away "astronaut food" made of expired stuff to poor families

https://g1.globo.com/sao-paulo/noticia/prefeitura-de-sp-dara-alimento-granulado-a-familias-carentes.ghtml

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

It's whiter proportion wise.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The Unnamed One posted:

Doria is essentially a Brazilian version of Berlusconi and Trump (he even hosted the loving Apprentice!). That is to say, a wealthy rear end in a top hat without any particular ideology, altough with some lovely and extremist leanings.

The State of São Paulo has been ruled for years by Geraldo Alckmin of the PSDB, who is also terrible but in a "moderate" light , which our population loving adores for some reason.

Doria was his protege and became mayor mostly because of Alckmin and political maneuvering inside the party, which naturally led him to stab his mentor in the back to get the presidential nomination - to no one's benefit, since it looks like everyone outside of São Paulo hates their guts.

You might be thinking of Jair Bolsonaro, federal deputy of Rio de Janeiro, who's pretty much a fascist in all but name.

Doria straight up said that the northeast would have a tourist opportunity if they made the places suffering from droughts "misery tourism" spots in the 90s.

https://noticias.uol.com.br/politic...ar-polemica.htm

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Can the Argentineans here clarify about the Resistencia Ancestral Mapuche and Maldonado? It's been barely been talked about here

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

He's already making GBS threads all over us

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

did the argies reallly protest against their pension reform by yelling "this isn't brazil"

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

He got a million bucks from a brazilian company as "advisor" rates

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

dead comedy forums posted:

tbqf there is a lot of internal dynamics of modern Brazilian politics that will make no sense to an outside pov (and make no sense to a formal internal pov either)

Romário (yes him) went into the Senate through a "right-wing approach" so to speak and did some... rather progressive policies and was one of the few that had a 100% voting participation and financial disclosure

He still voted for the Impeachment so gently caress him

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

lol yeah better make sure one of the few actual South American posters doesn’t post too much in the thread that moves at like a page a month

yeah if anything we need more CHILEANS like loving qnqnx and epic polar bear guy

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

lol cool the new labor minister they recently announced was condemned last year for forcing her driver to work 15 hours a day and is the daughter of one of temer's allied party leaders

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

cool article. i also should make a brazil election thread later

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/01/23/opinion/brazil-lula-democracy-corruption.html?referer=

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

it kinda pisses me off that best coverage of what happens here is international

also an election thread will be a valley of tears BUT at least an informative one

i wonder if i should include wrteups for the ten psychopaths for the gimmick tiny parties who get like 0.5% of the vote all combined

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Like I had no idea that there's a libertarian party now

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

theres people rioting in porto alegre and i hope all the gaúchos get killed

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://sportv.globo.com/google/amp...impression=true

:(

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

temer himself said that even if hes widely reviled by everyone no one is going to the streets asking him to resign lmao. CUCK!!! CUCK COUNTRY!!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Temer sent the troops to take over Rios security until December. On an election year. It's gonna be a full on coup hahahahahahahahhaha

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The Unnamed One posted:

Should be “Dilma” (or even Lula) at the top, really. Temer has always been the elite’s puppet.

yeah but lol really good

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

So a shitload of police in my city were deployed to protect a Bolsonaro outdoor from vandalism but meanwhile there's an incoming criminal faction war after PCC leaders got killed here.

https://www.opovo.com.br/noticias/ceara/maranguape/2018/02/policiais-militares-evitam-depredacao-de-outdoor-de-bolsonaro.html

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

For context the two biggest criminal factions in the country, the PCC and CV (First Commando of the Capital and Red Commando) started an all out war last year inside the prisons and outside and the murder rate spiked because of it. It doesn't help that the local factions took sides as well, like the "Guardians of the State" here, who massacred a nightclub because CV people frequented it.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I'll still make the mock election thread in august when the actual campaigning begins

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I'd trust Facebook insane poo poo over any mainstream outlet 100% lol

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

rudatron posted:

on the contrary - they're not morons, they know exactly what they're doing, and they're going to get away with it.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I saw it coming miles away lol. I'll vote for Boulos but honestly it's gonna be either a legit full on military coup in October or loving Bolsonaro soin either option I'll join a revolutionary cell and get taken and murked by the doi-codi

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

i need to look at that pic because that bodes hilariously for the 'intervention'

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Civil War! Civil War! Civil War! Civil War!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Condolences on not getting the civil war you wanted, Plutonis.

There's time

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Yeah I'm honestly skeptical he's transferring enough political capital to Haddad or Boulos (lol wishful thinking of mine that anyone will acknowledge him) to actually win

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I can definitely believe the expat community is full of serpents

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

this is loving hilarious hahaha

why the gently caress go there to begin with, overseas votes are like 0.00001% of the electorate

(ofc it is to get the cash from any Koch-type figure whose notion of liberty for foreigners is only applied to markets)

The Kochs already funded one of the biggest "grassroot" right wing groups here, the MBL

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The part about reminiscing on the good old days hwere you had the right to rape your slave maid is what made me think it might be a fake post but i'm only 40% sure

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I'm from the state which Ciro's family runs as a feud so I'm really queasy about having to vote for him

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

joepinetree posted:

This declassified document has been making the rounds in Brazil recently:

https://history.state.gov/historicaldocuments/frus1969-76ve11p2/d99?platform=hootsuite

Brazilian dictators meeting with Kissinger to detail their summary execution policy.

That one is cool because I've seen people claiming that the people killed by the doi-codi were killed "accidentally" during "interrogation" instead of being straight up executed.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

get that OUT of my face posted:

bolsonaro is furiously scribbling notes

Bolsonaro shrugged off Geisel’s alleged sanctioning of summary executions on Friday. “Who’s never given their kid a spank on the bum and then regretted it? These things happen,” he was quoted as saying by the Estado de São Paulo.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Cool take that people have started to present regarding the CIA report on the Junta tortures: Why should we trust them when they lied about Iraq's WMDs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

i just watched O Processo and it reminded me how much of a loving sham the impeachment was.

• Locked thread