Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Latin America cyberpunk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DKeMOVlcRU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiNMRsOkhlo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Wouldn't surprise me if helicopter movie dude was false flagging it, but he seems crazy enough to try and the Chavistas have really pushed Hugo's 92 coup attempt as this big moment in history, so I can see why a security officer would internalize that message and flip it around.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

dead comedy forums posted:

actually I don't think they are going to arrest him, they just want to appease the ones who want it by leaving the possibility of prison open

Lula is ridiculously popular particularly in northern Brazil and I think a lot of people there are terrified that might be what it takes to get to spark one gigantic revolt

and imo Lula is aware of it, and he is playing along: if he really wanted to push things around he could just go to Garanhuns, his hometown in the Pernambuco hinterlands and ask "ok if you want to arrest me you come here"

and lol the military, most of their recruits in the southeastern major cities come from favelas with prominent criminal factions (there is a famous pic of a platoon in Rio de Janeiro battalion doing the CV handsign, which is for the red command faction), "Copacabana officers" (which Bolsonaro is one) are all about looking quite the paper tiger but when push comes to shove the stores on the street of the army headquarters in Rio got sacked and there was not a single action to help stop that
fucken lol

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
interesting thread and i don't have the knowledge to really contribute, but i remember watching some news report of a police op in a favela targeting red command a few years ago, and the helicopter news camera caught some of the CVers pulling out and they looked like they knew what they were doing. well-armed, wearing tactical kit and moving like soldiers. i'm guessing the news crew was lucky the CVers didn't shoot them down.

• Locked thread