Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Crowsbeak posted:

Just when I think the democrats are the worse opposition, Venezuela's always manages to surprise me.

Liberal oppositionists fumbling a gimme election is another obvious parallel, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

You'll have to get out on the wings and flap.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

dead comedy forums posted:

strike goes on, flights are being cancelled and public transportation is reducing capacity across all cities

lessons for future communism: logistics workers are the new vanguard

I dream about a general strike in the telecommunications industry from my business internet tech support days. If communications and transactions processing weren't possible it'd give capitalism a heart attack.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I guess the only choice is to kill poor people then.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Americans shouldn't be trying to lecture third world countries about child malnutrition.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Jose posted:

I imagine despite all its other flaws child marriage is illegal in Venezuela

Child marriage is still pretty bad in Latin America. Venezuela is in strange company too, because they're one of the only countries not to report child marriage stats to UNICEF alongside: Chile and Argentina.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

RIP FARC peace deal

Maybe win this time, ok?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Jose posted:

should have won the war m8. or had the people not vote 99% to stay part of the UK in a referendum in 2012

wow, 99 of all 100 Falklanders.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Jose posted:

should have populated it if they wanted a barren rock where nothing grows

nice settler-colonialism

scratch a limey and an Australian bleeds

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

They know that the claims they're killing people indiscriminately is a lie, because they're the ones supporting the coup attempt.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Tacky-rear end Rococco posted:

You don't know what "coup" even means, do you?

lol

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Right, wanted to make sure we were on the same page.

a coup attempt is when you try to overthrow the government with force.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Got it, no difference at all between a junta rolling tanks in to surround the presidential palace, and a bunch of people taking to the streets to protest social security cuts, and then taking to the streets because people from the prior protest were shot to death.

This is the same thing as tankies supporting Yanukovych because it was a "coup."

All revolutions are coups now. That's some galaxy-brained poo poo.

It's a coup attempt when the opposition uses criminal gangs to set up roadblocks where they kidnap and torture Sandinista supporters, then try to escalate the background level of violence so they can force early elections.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Plutonis posted:

Get the gently caress out of my thread bitches. Nicaragua isn't even on South America!!!!

Wow, that's geographist.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

babypolis posted:

i dont know anything about whats going on in Nicaragua but somehow i doubt the good guys are the ones partnering with ICE

They're partnering to have their nationals returned instead of letting them rot in cages.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zc4Qm48Zb8g

Ultra-Right Group Behind Assassination Attempt on Venezuela's President Maduro

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I feel like the US would've been dumb enough to give them bigger drones with bigger bombs that said "Made in the USA" on the tin. This is well within the realm of some psychotic fringe group.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

mila kunis posted:

can someone explain whats going on in nicaragua?

one article i read talked that a previous flareup was over the construction of a canal to compete with panama's linking the atlantic and pacific, why were people against that?

https://soundcloud.com/moderaterebels/nicaragua-right-wing-us-coup-managua-episode-22

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmuC1fw4XeU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

it's cute that Brazilian fascists think they're in the occident

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Plutonis posted:

What kind of economic interests does ISIS have???

gold dinars?

Crowsbeak posted:

Also are there many Muslim immigrants in South America?

There's over 5 million Lebanese in Brazil, but afaik they're mostly from the big Lebanese migration wave to the new world a century ago. Mostly they're christians, obviously.

Pener Kropoopkin has issued a correction as of 17:39 on Aug 25, 2018

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

get that OUT of my face posted:

the worst leaders are assassination proof. see also: reagan

Castro, b*tch

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

get that OUT of my face posted:

none of those attempts were carried out by competent actors. reagan actually got shot and bolsonaro actually got stabbed

John Hinckley shot Reagan with a .22. He should have gone with at least a .38.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Plutonis posted:

Everyone on the D&D thread is talking about emigrating and I'm making the Jim from the Office face

Emigrating to where?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Plutonis posted:

"Europe".

lmao

• Locked thread