Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Plutonis posted:

Theres been several prison riots so far the last few weeks and its a loving bloodbath and a lot of people I know are commemorating that as a way to cleanse the country

How exactly is the government operating these days? I paid some attention to the Rousseff crisis, but sort of tapered off when, you know, Trump. Given all that's happened since, how has Brazil handled the situation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Going to have to be a dip and say to keep the shitposting to a minimum. Some people want to talk about stuff that's important to them, y'know?

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Plutonis posted:

I'm at Rio for the weekend for a student council and poo poo looks serious. The current governor has been indected and arrested for being involved in some nasty poo poo and there are several protests going on because the state public workers haven't been paid for months after the Olympics+World Cup+Oil Price Drop trifecta destroyed Rio's finances. Now everyone is afraid the cops will strike/mutiny like the ones at Espirito Santo did a week ago which ended in massive riots, looting and people getting butchered in the middle of the street.

What's the situation right now? I know the cops down there are basically Chicago+ in that they'll just execute people they don't like, but it's a lot, lot larger than Chicago. Does the mayor have any jurisdiction? I'd be pretty fuckin' terrified if the cops mutinied and just started taking justice into their own hands.

good lord, stay safe

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

How long does it take before a lockdown stops? When do you know it's alright to step outside? Do the police yell on a bullhorn or something?

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

someone said the truckers' strike is a locaute

what is a locaute?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Plutonis posted:

lmao the psycho lawyer who started the impeachment process is gonan be bolsonaro's VP pick

cool circlejerk

• Locked thread