Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
first time in years going to mcdonalds last week and i got to the drive thru and ordered something off the website they didn't serve thanks mcdonalds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
I swear by Zeus, Gaia, Helios, the Virgin, the Olympian gods and goddesses, and the heroes who protect the city and territory and fortified places of the Chersonesitans: I will co-operate to defend the safety and freedom of the city and the citizens, and I will not betray Chersonesos or Kerkinitis or Kalos Limen or any other fortified town or other places which the Chersonesitans inhabit or have inhabited, to anyone either Greek or barbarian, but I will protect them for the people of Chersonesos. I will not abolish the democracy, nor will I support or conceal anyone who plans to betray or abolish the democracy, but I will report them to the damiourgoi in the city. I will be the enemy of anyone who plots against or betrays or foments revolt in Chersonesos or Kerkinitis or Kalos Limen or the fortified places and territory of the Chersonesitans. I will give the best and fairest practical assistance and advice to the city and the citizens. I will preserve the safety of the people, and I will not reveal any secrets to anyone, Greek or barbarian, which could cause harm to the city. I will not give or receive any gift for the sake of harming the city and the citizens, nor will I plot any evil deed against any of the citizens, unless they are in revolt; nor will I support or conceal anyone who plots such things, but I will report them and vote against them according to the laws. I will not join any conspiracy against the state of Chersonesos nor against any of the citizens unless they have been declared to be enemies of the people. If I have joined any conspiracy or if I have been bound by any oath or curse, if I put an end to it may it turn out well for myself and my kin, but if I abide by it, may the opposite occur. If I detect any conspiracy that already exists, or is being formed, I will report it to the damiourgoi. I will not give away corn to be removed from the plain, nor will I take it anywhere else away from the plain, except to Chersonesos. By Zeus and Gaia and Helios and the Virgin and the Olympian gods, if I abide by this oath, may it turn out well for myself and my family and my associates, but if I do not abide by it, may it turn out badly for myself and my family and my associates; may neither the land nor the sea bear fruit for me; may my women fail to bear any children . . .

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
McRib

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Lastgirl posted:

I swear by Zeus, Gaia, Helios, the Virgin, the Olympian gods and goddesses, and the heroes who protect the city and territory and fortified places of the Chersonesitans: I will co-operate to defend the safety and freedom of the city and the citizens, and I will not betray Chersonesos or Kerkinitis or Kalos Limen or any other fortified town or other places which the Chersonesitans inhabit or have inhabited, to anyone either Greek or barbarian, but I will protect them for the people of Chersonesos. I will not abolish the democracy, nor will I support or conceal anyone who plans to betray or abolish the democracy, but I will report them to the damiourgoi in the city. I will be the enemy of anyone who plots against or betrays or foments revolt in Chersonesos or Kerkinitis or Kalos Limen or the fortified places and territory of the Chersonesitans. I will give the best and fairest practical assistance and advice to the city and the citizens. I will preserve the safety of the people, and I will not reveal any secrets to anyone, Greek or barbarian, which could cause harm to the city. I will not give or receive any gift for the sake of harming the city and the citizens, nor will I plot any evil deed against any of the citizens, unless they are in revolt; nor will I support or conceal anyone who plots such things, but I will report them and vote against them according to the laws. I will not join any conspiracy against the state of Chersonesos nor against any of the citizens unless they have been declared to be enemies of the people. If I have joined any conspiracy or if I have been bound by any oath or curse, if I put an end to it may it turn out well for myself and my kin, but if I abide by it, may the opposite occur. If I detect any conspiracy that already exists, or is being formed, I will report it to the damiourgoi. I will not give away corn to be removed from the plain, nor will I take it anywhere else away from the plain, except to Chersonesos. By Zeus and Gaia and Helios and the Virgin and the Olympian gods, if I abide by this oath, may it turn out well for myself and my family and my associates, but if I do not abide by it, may it turn out badly for myself and my family and my associates; may neither the land nor the sea bear fruit for me; may my women fail to bear any children . . .

Uh excuse me ma'am...the inpatient clinic is on the other side of the street...

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Well OP, for me it's the McChicken, the best fast food sandwich, hope this helps.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Shamrock shakes are only available for a limited time

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
HUUUUUUUUUUUULK HOOOOOOOOGAN! I SPEAK TO YOU. HULK HOGAN. AS YOU HAVE CAUSED INTEFERENCE IN MY PATHWAYS AS I TRY TO COMMUNICATE TO MY WARRIORS, TO MY GODS!

YOU HULK HOGAN CONTROL A FORCE FIELD AROUND YOU THAT I AM ONLY BEGINNING TO UNDERSTAND! BUT EACH OF THE CHALLENGES BEFORE ME I NEVER DID UNDERSTAND! I NEVER TRIED TO UNDERSTAND--FOR THEY WERE ONLY BATTLES THAT I FINISHED BEFORE THEY BECAME WAAAAAARS!

IN THE ROYAL RUMBLE, HULK HOGAN. AS I GOT RID OF TWO NORMAL PIECES OF LITTER. AND MY BACK WAS TURNED TO YOU, HULK HOGAN. I KNEW THAT YOU WOULDN'T COME FROM BEHIND LIKE THE OTHERS. I FELT THE HULKAMANIACS REACH OUT AND TRY TO GRAB--EXTREMENATE--BUT THE WARRIORS THAT WERE CLUNG UNTO ME!

THINGS THAT HANG FROM MY BODY AND THE REASON I PAINT MY FACE. ONLY ADD MORE AREA FOR MORE WARRIORS TO HANG ON!

YOU HULK HOGAN, SEE THINGS AS YOU WILL, BUT I NEED NOT COME FROM BEHIND OR TAKE A CHEAP SHOT AT ANYOOOOONE OR ANYTHIIIIIIIING!

YOU HULK HOGAN, WILL ONLY BE APPROACHED BY THE WARRIORS FACE TO FACE! I...I BRING YOU HULK HOGAN, THE ONE AND ONLY...

ULTIMATE CHALLENGE!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
sir this is a mcdonald's drive thru

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
imo this thread wouldn't be complete without some of the works of the most inane ramblings devoid of critical thought and self awareness that is Boosted_C5

Boosted_C5 posted:

Donald Trump is literally going to be PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA tomorrow.

It still doesn't seem real. It's like a dream that is too good to be true.

Meanwhile the TOTALLY NOT CORRUPT AND TOTALLY NOT USED FOR PAY-FOR-PLAY WHICH TOTALLY ISN'T THE REASON HILLARY USED PRIVATE SERVERS AND ENDED UP VIOLATING FEDERAL LAW RE: THE HANDLING OF CLASSIFIED MATERIALS Clinton Foundation is falling apart at the seams.

Donald J. Trump spit in the establishment's face. He clowned on our garbage Senator Lindsay Graham. He came into my state and called the Bushes trash after all the talking heads said you can't do that in South Carolina. He publicly humiliated and destroyed Jeb Bush. He insulted noted douche-bag camera whore John McCain. He defeated the Clintons and threw them on history's ash-heap with the Bushes. He called CNN fake news right to their propagandist repoter's face. He holds the power in his pen hand to undo most of the "Obama Legacy," and the congress is already working on undoing what he can't unilaterally destroy.

Donald J. Trump single-handedly defeated and destroyed the Bushes, Clintons, and Obamas with the entire media and political establishment against him.

Donald J. Trump is an American Hero.

~~ God Bless ~~

And yes, that's always to go, nobody sits down to eat there.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
Today is that day, the day that carried
a desperate light that since has died.
Don't let the squatters know:
let's keep it all between us,
day, between your bell
and my secret.

Today is dead winter in the forgotten land
that comes to visit me, with a cross on the map
and a volcano in the snow, to return to me,
to return again the water
fallen on the roof of my childhood.
Today when the sun began with its shafts
to tell the story, so clear, so old,
the slanting rain fell like a sword,
the rain my hard heart welcomes.

You, my love, still asleep in August,
my queen, my woman, my vastness, my geography
kiss of mud, the carbon-coated zither,
you, vestment of my persistent song,
today you are reborn again and with the sky's
black water confuse me and compel me:
I must renew my bones in your kingdom,
I must still uncloud my earthly duties.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
I was trying to go to sleep a few minutes ago and for some reason the enormity of these events finally hit me and I couldn't stop crying. I have no real life friends who give a poo poo about professional wrestling, so this is basically the only place I have to express these feelings, but I really feel the need to express them.

I would like this thread to be about our personal feelings about the death of Chris Benoit, and how it has personally affected us. Just TV-IVing about the details as they come in, or wondering about the WWE's future, and all of that bullshit has no place here. I need to write about my feelings about Chris Benoit. Obviously these posts will be mocked elsewhere on the forums, but gently caress em. If you feel the need to say anything, say it.

-----

Chris Benoit is a murderer. He killed his wife and child. We will probably never know exactly what he was thinking. Obviously I did not know Chris Benoit. I never saw him in person and never spoke to him. But he represented something very special to me. In such a cut-throat, dirty, dark, often disgusting, business he was one of the good ones. When people talked poo poo about wrestling and the bastards involved in it, you could always muffin out Chris Benoit as the exception to the rule. He was the one you could muffin to as a true professional who honored the sport he loved, who was passionate about it, who proved that you could dedicate your life to professional wrestling without being insane or scum or a monster. He was the ace in the hole. He was the one who wasn't in it for the pussy or because he was a failed jock in another sport or because he wanted to get rich quick or because he wanted to be a movie star or because he saw wrestling as a means to an end. He was in it for professional wrestling. He was dedicated to being the best professional wrestler he could be, and it showed in the ring.

I wanted to be a professional wrestler since I was a little kid, and one of the very worst moments of my life was a cold night in San Antonio when I was on the phone to my girlfriend a thousand miles away and finally admitted to myself and to her that coming to Texas to be a wrestler had been a mistake. Coming to grips that I was simply not athletically or charismatically talented enough to be a professional wrestler was one of the worst moments of my life. The business glorifies the boyhood dreams that come true. My boyhood dream wasn't going to come true, and it was an upsetting, soul-crushing revelation that upsets and discourages me to this day.

Since then I lived vicariously through Chris Benoit in a lot of ways. He wasn't a man who was destined to be a WWE champion. He couldn't talk. He wasn't charismatic in the usual way. He was quiet. He was short. The only thing he had going for him was his work ethic. He wasn't a third generation wrestler. He wasn't physically gifted. He wasn't someone who had words come easy to him. But through sheer effort he was able to become one of the greatest professional wrestlers in history. By 40 years-old.

Chris Benoit was only forty, and he was already a legend on the verge of myth. That's how talented he was, and how respected.

I cannot reconcile in my mind that the man who unnecessarily gave back so much to the sport could end his life the way he did. I can't understand how a man could spend weeks and months trying to give back to younger guys like MVP, putting forth the care and effort to help them find their voice in the ring, and that that same man could strangle his wife and child only weeks later. It doesn't make sense. It shouldn't have happened this way. Not for him, not for Nancy, and not for their child.

Chris Benoit owed me nothing. But I still feel the loss. I selfishly lived through many of his accomplishments and now feel lost. I can only speak for myself, but I feel that for a lot of us Mondays and Fridays are rocks of stability in a storm of stress and uncertainty. Every week the show goes on. Every week the show is from somewhere new, somewhere in the world, but every week it comes into our homes.

And that will continue. But Chris Benoit is dead. And he died a murderer. And whether it be insanity, drugs, or just the actions of a clear-eyed monster, what is done is done. And one of the pillars for the guys backstage and one of the pillars for fans is gone. And everything that pillar held up is tainted and dripping with blood.

Chris Benoit was a murderer. And I don't know how to accept that.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

LGD posted:

I usually just go with a Big Mac or a two cheeseburger combo meal, with fries and a coke myself.
Serious talk: :yossame:

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Quarter pounder with cheese is the only McD's burger worth eating.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Changed my mind. For me it's the $10 McDinner box containing 2 Big Macs, 2 Cheeseburgers, 10 McNuggets, and 4 small fries. I dump it all on the floor and eat it like the disgusting animal that I am. Sad!

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
shoulda put it in the blender and made a macnutraloaf

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Big rear end Latina Teen Chased By Lesbian Loving T-Rex On A Hoverboard Then gently caress

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Three plain hamburgers, toss out two of the buns and combine into one hamburger. And fries.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

10 cent cheese sandwiches go great with political rants.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
When I was in D.C. for the Inaguration, I left the Great Gatsby Inagural Ball at the Smithsonial Portrait gallery early to go grab 20 piece chicken McNuggets at the McD's across he street. While I was munching, a shy but determined crustpunk girl came over and asked if she could "buy a chicken nugget for a dollar". Drunk on whiskey gingers and shook as hell by the apocalyptic scene I had witnessed a few hours before, I spread my arms wide and said "Forget the dollar, just have one. Donald Trump is president now. We have to take care of each other." I handed her two nugs and then wandered out into the night air, stomach full and mind empty.

That's McDonalds.

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

I only eat food from those automat food vendors they no longer make OP. I have been starving since the late 70s

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

i'll have a nothingburger with a side of tormp bad

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

Actually can i get a none pizza /w left beef?

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

tower time posted:

Actually can i get a none pizza /w left beef?

sicko

Jazerus has issued a correction as of 18:18 on Feb 19, 2017

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

tower time posted:

I only eat food from those automat food vendors they no longer make OP. I have been starving since the late 70s

this is what the mcdonalds of the near-future will look like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHDM7ciczio&t=448s

Corny
Feb 18, 2006

i am scared
"'Receiving bread from us, they will see clearly that we take the bread made by their hands from them, to give it to them, without any miracle. They will see that we do not change the stones to bread, but in truth they will be more thankful for taking it from our hands than for the bread itself! For they will remember only too well that in old days, without our help, even the bread they made turned to stones in their hands, while since they have come back to us, the very stones have turned to bread in their hands. Too, too well will they know the value of complete submission! And until men know that, they will be unhappy. Who is most to blame for their not knowing it?-speak! Who scattered the flock and sent it astray on unknown paths? But the flock will come together again and will submit once more, and then it will be once for all. Then we shall give them the quiet humble happiness of weak creatures such as they are by nature. Oh, we shall persuade them at last not to be proud, for Thou didst lift them up and thereby taught them to be proud. We shall show them that they are weak, that they are only pitiful children, but that childlike happiness is the sweetest of all. They will become timid and will look to us and huddle close to us in fear, as chicks to the hen. They will marvel at us and will be awe-stricken before us, and will be proud at our being so powerful and clever that we have been able to subdue such a turbulent flock of thousands of millions. They will tremble impotently before our wrath, their minds will grow fearful, they will be quick to shed tears like women and children, but they will be just as ready at a sign from us to pass to laughter and rejoicing, to happy mirth and childish song. Yes, we shall set them to work, but in their leisure hours we shall make their life like a child's game, with children's songs and innocent dance. Oh, we shall allow them even sin, they are weak and helpless, and they will love us like children because we allow them to sin. We shall tell them that every sin will be expiated, if it is done with our permission, that we allow them to sin because we love them, and the punishment for these sins we take upon ourselves. And we shall take it upon ourselves, and they will adore us as their saviours who have taken on themselves their sins before God. And they will have no secrets from us. We shall allow or forbid them to live with their wives and mistresses, to have or not to have children according to whether they have been obedient or disobedient- and they will submit to us gladly and cheerfully. The most painful secrets of their conscience, all, all they will bring to us, and we shall have an answer for all. And they will be glad to believe our answer, for it will save them from the great anxiety and terrible agony they endure at present in making a free decision for themselves. And all will be happy, all the millions of creatures except the hundred thousand who rule over them. For only we, we who guard the mystery, shall be unhappy. There will be thousands of millions of happy babes, and a hundred thousand sufferers who have taken upon themselves the curse of the knowledge of good and evil. Peacefully they will die, peacefully they will expire in Thy name, and beyond the grave they will find nothing but death. But we shall keep the secret, and for their happiness we shall allure them with the reward of heaven and eternity. Though if there were anything in the other world, it certainly would not be for such as they. It is prophesied that Thou wilt come again in victory, Thou wilt come with Thy chosen, the proud and strong, but we will say that they have only saved themselves, but we have saved all. We are told that the harlot who sits upon the beast, and holds in her hands the mystery, shall be put to shame, that the weak will rise up again, and will rend her royal purple and will strip naked her loathsome body. But then I will stand up and point out to Thee the thousand millions of happy children who have known no sin. And we who have taken their sins upon us for their happiness will stand up before Thee and say: "Judge us if Thou canst and darest." Know that I fear Thee not. Know that I too have been in the wilderness, I too have lived on roots and locusts, I too prized the freedom with which Thou hast blessed men, and I too was striving to stand among Thy elect, among the strong and powerful, thirsting "to make up the number." But I awakened and would not serve madness. I turned back and joined the ranks of those who have corrected Thy work. I left the proud and went back to the humble, for the happiness of the humble. What I say to Thee will come to pass, and our dominion will be built up. I repeat, to-morrow Thou shalt see that obedient flock who at a sign from me will hasten to heap up the hot cinders about the pile on which I shall burn Thee for coming to hinder us. For if anyone has ever deserved our fires, it is Thou. To-morrow I shall burn Thee. Dixi.'"*

Big Fat Iguana
Aug 21, 2016

remember. and never lie.
A big coffee, two creams and sugars thanks. And an egg mcmuffen

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7mgLe4h_e4

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Big Fat Iguana posted:

A big coffee, two creams and sugars thanks. And an egg mcmuffen

Get one egg mcmuffin every morning but each time you ask for one you make what you're saying just a little more off the mark and see how long it takes them to call you out on it.

Ya medium coffee black and an break mugmuffler, please

craig flumduggler, please

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
I really want McDonald's to start serving (((pizza)))

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Peak #resistance fast food is to get something from Chick-fil-A so you can accost the person at the drive through for being a homophobic bigot.

Bonus points if you make a video of this to show off how woke you are.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Mayor Dave posted:

I really want McDonald's to start serving (((pizza)))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqamYOmVFm4

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
I'd like two number 9's; a number 9 large; a number 6, extra dip; a number 7; two number 45's, one with cheese; and a large soda

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Lastgirl posted:

This thread is dedicated to the best McDonald's Drive Thru order you can possibly cook up at 2 am :q:

Here, I'll go first

http://sourcebooks.fordham.edu/pwh/swift1.asp

so bisexuality is a hoax now, according to this author, got it

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Rahu posted:

I'd like two number 9's; a number 9 large; a number 6, extra dip; a number 7; two number 45's, one with cheese; and a large soda

gently caress you Smoke you fat piece of poo poo

following the drat train was NOT that simple :argh:

Big Fat Iguana
Aug 21, 2016

remember. and never lie.
https://mobile.twitter.com/dril/status/832414592596860930

breaklaw
May 12, 2008
Now that the Grand Mac is on the menu there is no other McDonald's order.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
Vanilla milkshake and fries

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

code:
a l l d a y s a u s a g e b i s c u i t s

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i'm serious when i say the app owns, it has the best instant coupons out of any fast food app. lots of times it's a buy-one-get-one large sandwich

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
https://player-api.new.livestream.c...f0c929c203f2b28

For context this is a live-stream from a mcdonalds drive-thru.

• Locked thread