Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Dr Tran posted:

drat, free guest badges gone at 10:35

edit: Man, registration today was STRESSFUL

Got my guest pass, but my buddy didn't. Oh well, guess he doesn't get to spend obscene amounts of money in San Diego this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Got my guest pass.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Dr Tran posted:

drat, free guest badges gone at 10:35

edit: Man, registration today was STRESSFUL

I thought you were genpop

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Alan Smithee posted:

I thought you were genpop

No way man

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Open Reg April 8

Erev
Jun 9, 2013
I dunno if anyone else is giving open registration a go but good luck today.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Trying to get preview night so my today's gonna go fast either way.

Slothass
Mar 6, 2004
I'm trying for Friday and Saturday tickets.

John Lightning
Mar 10, 2012
I need Friday and Saturday still :( Hopefully I get lucky and get through this line.

Slothass
Mar 6, 2004
Anyone get in the first batch?

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost
Nope, fingers crossed

Erev
Jun 9, 2013
And I'm in for the full con!

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost
farewell, preview night.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Stuck at an anime con in Houston. Good to see at least 1 person had a good morning.

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost
Last year I didn't get passes either- we just showed up to the Adult Swim stuff and had a great time regardless.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Bastard Tetris posted:

Last year I didn't get passes either- we just showed up to the Adult Swim stuff and had a great time regardless.

does not compute

Jimmy James
Oct 1, 2004
The man so nice they named him twice.
A group of 4 of us tried to get tickets this morning. None of us got through. I think we'll just visit San Diego sometimes this year when it isn't as crowded or expensive.

John Lightning
Mar 10, 2012
None of my group got through today either so I'm stuck with just Thursday and Sunday tickets. Better than nothing I suppose and I'm sure there will be plenty to do outside anyways.

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

Alan Smithee posted:

does not compute

They have a big festival and live shows right outside the convention center.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

I felt kinda bad last year because I only went into the convention center on Saturday for 10 minutes to buy a shirt and I was the only person in my party to even enter that day. I don't feel too bad but it was Saturday. We spent the rest of the day at outside unpaid activities.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I just want someone to buy some action figures for me and then mail them to me here in NYC.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Hotels next week

XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

I planted radishes in this special dirt and they came up all weird!
:science: :ughh:
Lotto waiting room...Edit: Apparently isn't new? I don't remember it from last year, odd.

XOIC of Radishes fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Apr 22, 2017

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

XOIC of Radishes posted:

Lotto waiting room...Edit: Apparently isn't new? I don't remember it from last year, odd.

Yeah, they did lotto last year for the first time. Sounds like it worked well enough but still didn't work at all iirc.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I'm assuming this is for primo waterfront stringer Bell hotels right

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Alan Smithee posted:

I'm assuming this is for primo waterfront stringer Bell hotels right

Anything within walking distance...and shuttle distance.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Downtown is nice, but I'm pretty happy with a hotel on the trolley line. I'm too old to be partying in downtown till all hours, so hopping the trolley and getting some rest away from the crowd and noise works for me.

That said, if a reservation at the Marriott Marquis and Marina fell into my outstretched hand, I wouldn't turn it down.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Hotels!

edit: Done by 9:05.

Dr Tran fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Apr 26, 2017

Jarnet
Jan 7, 2007

I got in super fast after the green light popped but I took my time filling out the poo poo because I'm zoned out on poor sleep so I'm counting real hard on the "based on entry not submission time" thing being genuine because I trust no claim tbh.

Last year I did get the opportunity to upgrade to a downtown hotel after all the cancellations went out and that saved us a great headache too. So watch your email for that, I hadn't actually received the offer in previous years. I thought you just had to call and get extremely lucky.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

I got a friend who hooked me up w/a downtown hotel earlier but I at least went through the process this morning. I got in at 9:05 and I'm curious if that would be good w/the new system or not. Is there any rule of thumb on this? I remember last year was kind of a shitshow being the first year of waiting room but I would assume it's a little smoother this year.

ElmerTheWasabi
Dec 3, 2004
Emails are going out for the parking lottery. 2 of the 3 emails I used got notifications already that they didn't get picked, so if my last one fails as well and anyone gets an extra parking spot, please be a dear and hook up a fellow nerd.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

gently caress that was today

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

I got 2 of 4 emails with nothing. Didn't get anything on the other two and at this point, I'm considering them a loss. Also would appreciate some parking help if someone has extras.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Assuming it still works the same way just do what I do and park somewhere like the Hyatt or MAriott the whole weekend lose your parking stub

Jarnet
Jan 7, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

Assuming it still works the same way just do what I do and park somewhere like the Hyatt or MAriott the whole weekend lose your parking stub

Does this not totally bone people who are actually staying at those hotels with cars?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Everyone is boned

Get yours

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
I did not win parking lottery again, but now I have a Hilton parking pass through work. I need to find out if it'll be void that week or if I can sneak in.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
Thought I lost out on the parking lottery, but I checked one burner email I had completely forgotten about and it had won a spot in Group 5. Better than nothing, I suppose.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

So did no one get anything in Hotelpacalypse?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

I planted radishes in this special dirt and they came up all weird!
:science: :ughh:
Got first choice again. Nothing much else to add, really. Here's a 100+ page thread for Hotelpocalypse 2017 if you're interested: http://www.friendsofcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=7158.0

Lot of paranoia, anxiety, and theory-crafting in there, though, so beware.:tinfoil:

XOIC of Radishes fucked around with this message at 06:58 on May 8, 2017

• Locked thread