Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
The gray havens are the real world where elves get jobs and have kids with people who hate nerd culture

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

The Mr Robot offsite continues to be the best offsite at SDCC this year. They sent out emails to "e-coin customers" that they were giving out free power banks.
So now, on top of a whole bunch of free meals and a free shirt, i'm getting a free travel power bank...almost 3 months later. And I didn't have to wait overnight like Westworld or Blade Runner or even in a single line (I registered my e-coin online). It's one hell of a high bar for the future.

John Lightning
Mar 10, 2012
I tried to get one of the power banks but I think I was too slow as it said out of stock. Still an awesome website though.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I have an anker brick with like 28000 mah and I still get those drat things whenever possible

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

October 28th is returning registration for sclubs who still haven't found a way to go pro like me.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

RevKrule posted:

October 28th is returning registration for sclubs who still haven't found a way to go pro like me.

I feel like we should all pool our shitposting together and form a blog

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Alan Smithee posted:

I feel like we should all pool our shitposting together and form a blog

This...isn't a bad idea at all.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

If you have gently caress you money, you can bid for passes on officially sanctioned ebay auctions: https://www.ebay.com/usr/sdcomic-con?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Right now the cheapest is a little under 2k for 2 passes so only 4x the price but the most expensive is almost 8k.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
The good news is that I got pro status again (had to renew this year). The bad news is that I'm trade now instead of creative. Weird. Looks like no free pass, but hey, that's a tax write-off.

Is there any point in asking CCI why they made me trade instead of creative, or should I just accept it and move on?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Hijinks Ensue posted:

The good news is that I got pro status again (had to renew this year). The bad news is that I'm trade now instead of creative. Weird. Looks like no free pass, but hey, that's a tax write-off.

Is there any point in asking CCI why they made me trade instead of creative, or should I just accept it and move on?

https://youtu.be/FmiVlyAfTnw

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

It's Non-Pro/Trade Returning-Peasant Hunger Games Day.

Good luck, fellow peasants.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

May the odds be ever in your favor.

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
good luck, everyone

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.
So I got in with all days still available, and only bought Sunday... I feel like that's blasphemous.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Shawn posted:

So I got in with all days still available, and only bought Sunday... I feel like that's blasphemous.

We're basically apathetic to tickets this year. We've ended up doing more poo poo outside con the past few years anyway. We'd like passes but whatevs if we don't.

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
I just want a ticket for Thursday so I can see Ric Meyer's Kung Fu Spectacular.

And if not whatever. I should be saving my money anyway to escape the collapsing rear end in a top hat that is Southern California.

John Lightning
Mar 10, 2012
I never seem to get in, but my buddy did and he got us Thursday through Saturday tickets. So I am very happy, hopefully everyone else did as well as me.

XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

I planted radishes in this special dirt and they came up all weird!
:science: :ughh:

Shawn posted:

I do this for other family members who aren't going. It's basically my annual renewal fee for an extra Returning Registration chance the next year. This year it seems to have paid off. Mom and dad accounts got us all of our badges; my personal account and my brother (who goes to Comiccon each year with me) are still waiting in the line...

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Got Sunday, that's something. Like I said, we're apathetic and happy with anything this year.

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
Got Sunday only. Everything else sold out. Anyone who wants to get top ten drunk let's start planning now.

gently caress it, I say leave the convention after an hour and catch a Lyft to Aero Club and do whiskey time travels

Foppish Yet Dashing fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Oct 28, 2017

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Huh, we got in. 4 day pass w/o Preview Night. I've got to start clearing vacation time right now.

Fedelm
Apr 21, 2013

It's called Ursa Major, not Ursula Merger. And that's not even it. That's Orion.

Shawn posted:

XOIC of Radishes posted:

I do this for other family members who aren't going. It's basically my annual renewal fee for an extra Returning Registration chance the next year.

I actually appreciate it when people do stuff like this. If you avoid buying the days that you don't think you will attend anyway then that leaves those badges for the rest of us who can and would go. I'd say it's the opposite of blasphemous to help out your fellow fans like this. (Yeah, I had no luck today but I'm happy for you guys and thankful for having gone earlier this year. Plus there's still one more registration chance, so.)

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Early Bird Hotel sales are open. Is this way earlier than usual?

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Hijinks Ensue posted:

Early Bird Hotel sales are open. Is this way earlier than usual?

Yeah, this is super way earlier than usual. I think usually they go out in like February/March like right before/after gen pop registration. You know, so people can actually know if they're gonna attend before they put down a huge chunk of change on a hotel.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
I'm Trade Pro so I know I'm going, but I checked my records and yes, 2017's early bird was in the spring. Weird.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Trade Pro registration just opened up. Holy frijoles, it's early. Wasn't it one of the last ones in '17?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Hijinks Ensue posted:

Trade Pro registration just opened up. Holy frijoles, it's early. Wasn't it one of the last ones in '17?

motherfucking gmail put it in my promotions box

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I forget, are you able to buy the Trade Pro now, and then get the +1 later?

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
I'm hoping so, because my buddy can't afford the guest badge now. We'll just have to wait and see after the holidays when he has more cash flow.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

December 9th is the day of disappointment pt 2.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

May the odds be ever in your favor.

If someone has another registration code they aren't using today, feel free to hit me up :)

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
Well here we go I guess

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Gonna waste an afternoon doing this.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

Gonna waste an afternoon doing this.

Eh, it's really just an hour. They're pretty fast at delivering disappointment at this point.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
There goes preview night

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

RevKrule posted:

Eh, it's really just an hour. They're pretty fast at delivering disappointment at this point.

This is good to know!

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
AW poo poo

ALL FOUR DAYS, FUCKERS

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Welp, watching Saturday sell out may not even bother finishing this out now.

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost
Got Thursday/Sunday. Suck my cock, open registration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Got Sunday from re-reg, nothing today. Honestly, I'm pretty ok with this. The last few years have been really bleh for me so maybe having just Sunday will show me how much I'm actually enjoying SDCC at this point.

Would've liked Thursday at the least as well but hey, more money in my pocket.

• Locked thread