Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Strike La Fiesta from the list of restaurants; it's closed. I'm sulking because this was my favorite Mexican place in Gaslamp; always fun to get buzzed on margaritas and then stagger back over to the convention center.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Anyone going to Wondercon this year? No panels I'm that interested in, but I'll be on the vendor floor, mostly in the small press area, networking for my editing business.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Early Bird Hotel sale is live. I got a room at Town & Country.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Got my guest pass.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Downtown is nice, but I'm pretty happy with a hotel on the trolley line. I'm too old to be partying in downtown till all hours, so hopping the trolley and getting some rest away from the crowd and noise works for me.

That said, if a reservation at the Marriott Marquis and Marina fell into my outstretched hand, I wouldn't turn it down.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Yeah, I'm guessing they lost either location (I really didn't care for the Children's Museum location - Petco Park was the best year) or sponsor. It's quite a shame; I've gone to Nerd HQ every year but one since the very beginning. Hopefully they can bring it back next year.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
I've been preoccupied with other stuff and am really trying to make this year's con more about business (I'm creative pro) than pleasure.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
FINALLY got my e-mail about the badge being mailed out. Was getting a bit concerned there.

No Nerd HQ has really dampened some of my interest this year. The adrenaline rush of getting panels tickets always kept things lively. This year I'm going to not get worked up until the actual schedule comes out.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Badges arrived. Does that packaging seem a bit wasteful to anyone else? I can't help wondering what budget that came out of.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
My buddy had to pare his schedule back, so I've got a ticket for the MST3K Live off-site on Friday that I'm selling. Let me know if you're interested. I've also got tickets for the LA event on 9/23 to sell.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Just found out that there'll be a Twin Peaks panel in Hall H on Friday.

I haven't gone for Hall H for the last couple years. How does this wristband system work? Trying to maximize my chances of getting in on Friday as I'm in love with the new Twin Peaks.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
So basically, as long as I have a band for Friday, I can get in? I just won't get as good a seat as I would if I stayed in line? If so, I'm cool. I don't care where I sit as long as I'm there.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Have to bail on con this year. My husband needed surgery this week and while he's insisting I still go, I don't feel comfortable with that (esp. as I'll be riding the train and not able to rush back on a moment's notice). I would be OK with this except for the Twin Peaks panel, which I was really hoping to see. And there's my nonrefundable hotel, and my MST3K tickets I won't be able to use. FML.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Think I've sorted out the hotel. But I have two tickets to the Friday 7 pm MST3K live event at the Balboa Theater. Balcony F, Seats 103 and 104. I'll sell the pair for $50, which is below what I paid for them ($36 each).

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
The good news is that I got pro status again (had to renew this year). The bad news is that I'm trade now instead of creative. Weird. Looks like no free pass, but hey, that's a tax write-off.

Is there any point in asking CCI why they made me trade instead of creative, or should I just accept it and move on?

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Early Bird Hotel sales are open. Is this way earlier than usual?

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
I'm Trade Pro so I know I'm going, but I checked my records and yes, 2017's early bird was in the spring. Weird.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Trade Pro registration just opened up. Holy frijoles, it's early. Wasn't it one of the last ones in '17?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
I'm hoping so, because my buddy can't afford the guest badge now. We'll just have to wait and see after the holidays when he has more cash flow.

• Locked thread