Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Pro reg is different this year. Max is 3 badges (used to be 4) and you are no longer guaranteed anything but the 1 badge for yourself. You have to to do the waiting room thing for a shot at 1 complimentary badge and/or 1 paid badge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Yep sdcc. The pro reg scramble is on Thurs.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Alan Smithee posted:

I thought it was always just the 1 additional for guests?

We've been going about 7 years and until last year you were guaranteed 4 badges: 2 paid and 2 free. Last year they went to 2 guaranteed badges and 2 you had to go into the lottery for. This year it dropped down to just 1 guaranteed badge and you could go into the lottery for 1 paid and/or 1 free.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

That's a tough call but I'd do the same.

I agree you can get rid of any of your stuff for full cost to at least avoid the money hit. I can hook you up with buyers if you want to as my wife (she's been going for decades) has a huge fb list we've used to sort out last minute cancellations before. The tickets would be easy but not sure about the hotel. I'm betting they wouldn't care about last minute switching the name as long as someone pays the bill though.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

We've had some red scanner problems with one of our badges and they sorted it out at registration. They said it's just a random tech problem. Sounds like someone was just giving you poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Anyone else get an email that pro reg is like next week? That's way earlier than any time I remember.

• Locked thread