Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

I planted radishes in this special dirt and they came up all weird!
:science: :ughh:
http://www.comic-con.org/toucan/comic-con-2017-returning-registration-coming-soon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JUCfX1P1ik

Still no date. But soon(?).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

Lotto waiting room...Edit: Apparently isn't new? I don't remember it from last year, odd.

XOIC of Radishes fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Apr 22, 2017

XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

Got first choice again. Nothing much else to add, really. Here's a 100+ page thread for Hotelpocalypse 2017 if you're interested: http://www.friendsofcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=7158.0

Lot of paranoia, anxiety, and theory-crafting in there, though, so beware.:tinfoil:

XOIC of Radishes fucked around with this message at 06:58 on May 8, 2017

XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

My badge came in today. Super neat thing they did this year.

Spoiler: https://twitter.com/Shogun_Shin/status/869609193254334465

XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

Was thinking that as well. Getting ready for preview night, and I just finally looked at the schedule. Seems like business as usual for me and brother. Thursday is slow, Friday is Indigo Ballroom all day, and Saturday and Sunday are our usuals (Cartoon Voices, Quick Draw, etc.). We usually don't brave much else than that, but even if that weren't the case, there doesn't appear to be anything we're even tempted by.

Maybe I'll check out the pinball setup below the anime rooms.

XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

Had a hard time figuring out where to pick up lanyard/bag. Went to C, redirected to G, redirected to E, and then went back to C. Usually don't have an issue, but it wasn't very clear to me this year where I was supposed to go.

E: this was at 5:45pm, 15 minutes before preview night floor opened.

XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

Hmm, maybe it wasn't coincidence that they gave me everything but a lanyard when I picked up my bag at 6:00, while my brother got one. I went back right away to ask for one and got it, but maybe they were trying to ration them out at that point or something.

XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

Huh, no Kevin Smith Hall H panel this year...

XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

Indigo Ballroom is doing bag checks. This may take a while.

XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

My badge scanned red entering SDCC today. I am positive I scanned out yesterday, and the only other thing I have done today is enter Indigo and have my badge scanned with a portable scanner (which took 7 tries, to which the volunteer confirmed it was bad WiFi on her device, and that others had the same issue with that specific scanner). No place to scan out from that room. Issue may have stemmed from that.

Guy asked for my ID, and asked if I had made sure to scan out yesterday. When I said "yes," he practically rolled his eyes and said "well, I don't know about that..." They then proceeded to card my brother who was at this point standing around waiting for me, despite the fact that he scanned in just fine.

Only problem I've ever had with scanners. I was singing their praise this morning as a matter of fact. The security attitude is a bit frustrating, though.

XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

Some people with Hall H wristbands were not allowed in Hall H because it was full. People believe it to be the case that there were counterfeit bands that were used to get inside and take up those spaces. The people with legit bands left outside are being guaranteed 4-day badges for next year.

XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

http://m.mlb.com/padres/tickets/offers/comiccon?partnerId=sf61847596&sf61847596=1

CCI Email posted:

Hey there Comic-Con Fans!

If you haven't heard, Super Friar is taking over Petco Park on Comic-Con Day! Get your costumes ready for Comic-Con Day on Monday, September 4 when the Padres take on the Cardinals at 1:40 p.m. The day includes a ticket to the Padres game, pre-game costume contest in Park at the Park, and a limited-edition Padres-themed Comic-Con Day t-shirt while supplies last. Tickets are only $25!

All fans are eligible to participate in the pre-game Comic-Con Day costume contest in Park at the Park. There are four costume contest categories: 1) Best/Most Original Sci-Fi, 2) Best/Most Original Fantasy, 3) Best/Most Original Comic Book Character and 4) Best/Most Original Kids Costume. The winner of each category will receive a pair of four-day passes to Comic-Con 2018 in San Diego! Sign up for the costume contest from 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. in Park at the Park on September 4. Only one category entry per person. The contest will begin at 12:00 p.m.

Click here for all the details on Comic-Con Day at Petco Park.

See you at the Ballpark!

Comic-Con International

:shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

Shawn posted:

So I got in with all days still available, and only bought Sunday... I feel like that's blasphemous.

I do this for other family members who aren't going. It's basically my annual renewal fee for an extra Returning Registration chance the next year. This year it seems to have paid off. Mom and dad accounts got us all of our badges; my personal account and my brother (who goes to Comiccon each year with me) are still waiting in the line...

• Locked thread