Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
All from G1 Climax Night 3, 21/7

MOTYC: Zach Sabre Jr. vs. Kota Ibushi

HM: Tetsuya Naito vs. YOSHI-HASHI

HM: Yuji Nagata vs. Hirooki Goto

HM: Togi Makabe vs. Tomohiro Ishii

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Baron Corbyn posted:

MOTYC: Big Michael Elgin vs Kenny Omega

i will also begrudgingly throw a HM at Okada/Kojima, which I enjoyed more than Big Mike/Omega but probably wasn't quite as good

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
G1 Climax 30/07

HM: Kazuchika Okada vs. Juice Robinson

HM: Michael Elgin vs. SANADA

Worst Moment of the Year: Omega selling Kojima's chops. Turned a great match into a stupid, goofy shitshow. 25 seconds into this video. I love Kenny but this was the worst of the worst of his worst.

Most Touching Moment of the Year: Hiromu sending the spirit of :daryl: off to the sky.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Takuan posted:

G1 Climax Night 11:
HM: Yuji Nagata vs Tomohiro Ishii
HM: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Kota Ibushi

i agree with both of these. especially the nagata match. what a tournament he's having.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Baron Corbyn posted:

MOTYC: Kazuchika Okada vs. Minoru Suzuki

I enjoyed it more than their New Beginning match tbh

i agree, also HM for Evil vs. Elgin and SANADA vs. Omega

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

St Evan Echoes posted:

NJPW G1 CLIMAX 27 A BLOCK FINALS

MOTYC: Tetsuya Naito vs Hiroshi Tanahashi
HM: Hirooki Goto vs Kota Ibushi
HM: Tomohiro Ishii vs ZSJ
HM: Yuji Nagata vs Bad Luck Fale

God drat this tournament keeps delivering

nth, great night of puro resuling

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
you could watch every NJPW singles match KUSHIDA wrestled in 2017 and at worst get something pretty good from one of the random Best of the Super Juniors matches, and at best something really loving good (vs. Takahashi, vs. Ospreay, vs. Taguchi, vs. Bushi - all of whom had their highest rated matches ever with him this year).

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
Speaking of Hiromu:

HM: TAKA Michinoku & Taichi vs. BUSHI & Hiromu Takahashi, best of 3 falls from TAKA & TAICHI Season 2

It had it all: unrelenting cowardice and cheating, gently caress finishes, Hiromu pretending to be a cat, good wrestling, a cool actual finish.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

NuclearPotato posted:

I suspect a lot of people were asleep during All Japan's Sumo Hall show yesterday, and I'm here to tell you that this was a mistake, and sleep is for the weak.

MOTYC: KAI and Nagoya Nomura vs. Daisuke Sekimoto and Yuji Okabayashi
MOTYC: Shuji Ishikawa (c) vs. Kento Miyahara

Both from 2017 SUMMER EXPLOSION: AJPW 45th Anniversary Show, 08/27

The latter match is pretty loving close to touching the high water mark of the Okada/Omega series (with only a couple of iffy sells keeping me from going all the way and saying it's on the same level, if not higher), and should be an absolute must-watch if you only watch one match from the show. KAImura/Strong BJ was also one of the better tag matches I've seen this year, with an insanely hot closing stretch.

nth, but i'd probably go HM for the tag match.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Price Check posted:

HM - KUSHIDA and Hirai Kawato vs. Roppongi 3k - 10/23
HM - Dragon Lee and Titan vs. L.I.J (Hiromu and BUSHI) - 10/23

I liked both of these matches a lot. Kawato is super over already and ready to make the next step. I knew he had to be taking the pin yet I still bit on the near falls. Dragon Lee/Hiromu never gets old. I love that NJPW has kept the continuity of those two just killing each other whenever they get the chance.

Baron Corbyn posted:

HM: TAKA & Taichi vs SUPER 69

nth

also

HM - Roppongi 3k vs. L.I.J. (Hiromu and BUSHI) - 10/30
HM - SUPER 69 vs. Suzuki-gun (Kanemaru and El Desperado) - 10/30

this Jr. tag team tournament has been really fun

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
MOTYC: Kento Miyahara vs. Suwama, AJPW Raising an Army Series 09/10/17

HM: Joe Doering vs. Shuji Ishikawa, AJPW Raising an Army Series 09/10/17

Both were great but Kento is a special wrestler. If you've never watched AJPW I'd recommend watching this match. And also his matches with Ishikawa. And the one with Jake Lee from Champion Carnival.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
HM: LIJ (SANADA & Evil) vs. Death Juice (Juice Robinson & Sami Callahan), NJPW World Tag League 18/11/17

very cool match. great debut for Callahan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
(even though i'm 100% guaranteed to be the only who saw it):

From DDT Never Mind 2017, 24/12/17

HM: Konosuke Takeshita vs. Colt Cabana for the KO-D Openweight Championship.

The platonic ideal of a comedy match, where all of Colt's comedy feels like it plays into his only way to win the match by sudden pinfall. Takeshita is 22 and already unbelievably great. He's the next Ibushi.

HM: HARASHIMA & Naomichi Marufuji vs. DAMNATION (Daisuke Sasaki & Tetsuya Endo) for the KO-D Tag Team Championship.

Tetsuya Endo is the other next Ibushi. He does a springboard 450 in this match. When he's in there with Marufuji it's next level poo poo.

DDT is not all fat guys in diapers doing gay comedy.

• Locked thread