Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

this is late but im going to be the fourth vote that Kevin Owens vs Roman Reigns at royal rumble needs to be on the motyc list. i loved that match.

i haven't watched the latest new japan show yet so i can't give ratings there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: The Elimination Chamber match for the WWE Title at Elimination Chamber - John Cena (C) vs AJ Styles vs Dean Ambrose vs Bray Wyatt vs Baron Corbin vs The Miz

The PPV was average at best but the main event was fantastic and the final stretch was just great with an awesome ending.

yeah that's probably one of the best chamber matches they've ever put on

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

god i wasn't even going to watch nxt due to lack of interest but i guess i have to now

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

umm excuse me i had thrown in a late nomination for kevin owens vs roman reigns at royal rumble to make it to the motyc list :colbert:

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Venomous posted:

HM: Seth Rollins vs. Triple H, Wrestlemania 33, 4/2

good + brutal

i'm conflicted because i liked the match but i think the lack of heat really took it down a notch but you know what if you fuckers can get shane mcmahon vs aj styles as a motyc i'll second

Cardboard Box fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Apr 3, 2017

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

yeah that was hot garbage

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Bill Goldberg (C) vs Brock Lesnar for the WWE Universal Championship at Wrestlemania 33

EXACTLY what it needed to be.

yes just to spite the shane voters

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

hollow and depressing

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

even if it was a three star match it would've come off better. the fact that it was just a pretty bad match made the whole thing kinda depressing rather than bittersweet. i don't want to put too much on either guy because undertaker was clearly in a lot of pain and very limited in what he could do and roman was in over his head but it just wasn't very good. i think calling it one of the worst matches of the year is a bit much but i can understand people being upset in the context of it being the main event and undertaker's retirement match.

Cardboard Box fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Apr 3, 2017

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

MOTYC Bucks vs Hardys ladder mtach, ROH show before Wrestlemania

best match of the weekend tbh

yeah i just saw this last night and it was incredible, blew away the wrestlemania one

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

i finished watching nxt and roh and here are my things:

NXT Takeover
MOTYC: DIY vs The Revival vs Authors of Pain
HM: Shinsuke Nakamura vs Bobby Roode
HM: Asuka vs Ember Moon

ROH Supercard of Honor
MOTYC: The Young Bucks vs The Hardys
HM: Marty Scurll vs Adam Cole
HM: Jay Lethal vs Cody Rhodes
HM: Volador Jr & Will Ospreay vs Dragon Lee & Jay White

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

okada is easily the greatest wrestler in the world right now and anyone who thinks he's bad just straight up doesn't know poo poo about wrestling

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Professor Funk posted:

aj styles is better than okada

aj styles is fantastic but he hasn't had the same track record okada has over the last year, which could be argued is due to the caliber of opponents, but to me the best wrestler in the world is the one who is at that time consistently having the greatest matches

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

naito's up there, for sure. nothing bad to say about him.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

nothing on that show was even hm worthy imo. probably the weakest wwe show of the year.

NXT TakeOver: Chicago
MOTYC: Pete Dunne vs Tyler Bate
HM: Bobby Roode vs Hideo Itami
HM: DIY vs Authors of Pain

Cardboard Box fucked around with this message at 06:25 on May 23, 2017

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

friendo55 posted:

no love for the main event?

HM - Fatal 5-Way - Roman Reigns vs Finn Balor vs Seth Rollins vs Samoa Joe vs Bray Wyatt

Match was split up into segments and the ending few minutes brought things up a notch further. Really fun and a pleasant surprise winner.

i was really sour on this show til the main event but yea it was great

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

I imagine there'll be a lot of disagreement about this:

WMOTYC: The First Ever Women's MITB Ladder match

The ending was hilarious and got a huge pop but it was also loving terrible, undercut the entire message WWE had been pushing including their very good video package at the start of the match, and basically made the Smackdown Women's Division look like a joke. The actual bulk of the match was a mess but entertaining at least, but the ending just completely derailed everything.

yea

Bard Maddox posted:

WMOTYC: Naomi vs. Lana, WWE Money in the Bank, 6/18/17

holy poo poo

yea

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Armitage posted:

HMOTY: Money in the Bank Match - Fun ladder match with some pretty gnarly spots. AJ and Nakamura had a fun exchange.

even though baron corbin won i will say it was a very excellent match

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Venomous posted:

Normally I'd agree, but holy poo poo that three-count botch there spoiled it. That should've been 4-4 sudden death.

i'm not so sure it was a botch

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

that's a shame, rusev and cena have had some fun matches together in the past. but i guess it was a thrown together thing and also a flag match so they probably weren't very into it.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Jackie D posted:

I really liked Drew/Roode but it was probably the 4th best match on the card

yeah that's how i feel. it was a very good main event-style match but there was a lot on the show that was better.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

NienNunb posted:

MOTYC: Fatal Four Way, Summerslam

its the only match i saw tonight but yea i agree, was pretty excellent

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

yeah i'd give it an HM. was a great wrestling match and one of the better wwe matches this year, but the standard for MOTY has been so high and this didn't even really touch the real contenders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

mkay0 posted:

In a vacuum, that’s not a minus five stars deal or anything, but it was pure poo poo to cap off one of the worst booked months in WWE recent memory.

the first half of it was a lot of fun but boy when it went downhill it went down hard

• Locked thread