Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Please post the earliest matches you got that are worth watching. The earliest I've seen were Lou Thesz vs. Buddy Rogers from 1950 and Dick Shikat vs. Jim Londos from 1930

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Since I was like the biggest ZSJ stan in the CWC thread, I figure it's high time for me to ask: what are some other matches of his I should check out if I absolutely adore his polarizing style? I have access to WWE Network, NJPW World, DVDs of the last few BOLAs, and anything free to watch, but if there's a couple matches worth checking out on a different streaming service I might go ahead and buy a month of it

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Wazzu posted:

The only debate I'll entertain is whether he's the prettiest.

Okada, Shibata, and SANADA could easily have a 5-star triple threat smolder-off

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Foul Fowl posted:

MOTYC: Zach Sabre Jr. vs. Kota Ibushi

Nth. No match this year has made me grin in excitement ss often with its clever and inventive sequences. It also told a fantastic story of Ibushi getting embarrassed every single time he tried something fancy, and eventually realizing he could finish Sabre by just beating the poo poo out of him

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

MassRafTer posted:

HM: Tanahashi vs Nagata. Best match I've seen so far in the G1.

Granted I've only watched three.

You should for real watch Ibushi vs. Naito, Elgin vs. Okada, and Ibushi vs. Sabre!!

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

EugeneJ posted:

WMOTY: John Cena vs. Russev,, Flag Match - WWE Battleground 7/23

Thirded. I love the good good Big Match John, but that was the most plodding and heatless thing I've seen for a long time

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

KungFu Grip posted:

HM Sanada vs Okada G1 Climax Night 6.

Seconded, it was a very archetypal Okada match but that still means it was wonderful to watch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

St Evan Echoes posted:

NJPW G1 CLIMAX 27 A BLOCK FINALS

MOTYC: Tetsuya Naito vs Hiroshi Tanahashi
HM: Hirooki Goto vs Kota Ibushi
HM: Tomohiro Ishii vs ZSJ

Nthing these ones. That Naito vs. Tana match is I think my favorite from this year outside of the Okada/Omega matches

• Locked thread