Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Venomous posted:

MOTYC: Kazuchika Okada vs. Minoru Suzuki, NJPW The New Beginning in Sapporo, 02/05

Oh my God. Oh my God. Incredible. Absolutely incredible.

I'm finally watching this with the Japanese commentary and I like it more than Okada/Omega by a pretty wide margin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Venomous posted:

idk if you'd count flashy_mcflash's post as thirding my nomination but yeah, I counted four there

You can absolutely count it as a third. I don't think there's been a match I've rewatched so much in whole or in part, in recent memory.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Can commentary turn a pretty average match into a WMOTY?

https://twitter.com/polwres/status/840200747153264641

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Stale Saltines posted:

HM Neville vs Mustafa Ali 205 Live 3/21

I was, much like the crowd, tired and bored when this match came on but I just rewatched it and hell yeah, thirded.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

KungFu Grip posted:

MOTYC: Joey Janela vs. Marty Janetty from Joey Janela's Spring Break
HM: Joey Janela's Spring Break Clusterfuck

MOTY for both imo

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

WMOTYC: Knockouts #1 Contender Gauntlet, Impact 04/07/17

The whole thing isn't online yet but the two minutes of it they put online are by far the best two minutes of the match
https://youtu.be/fuGiL-471ls

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

HM: Kushida/Juice vs Hiromu/Naito, 05/03, Dontaku

This match was so fun and I can see myself rewatching it a bunch of times. Just loving wild from bell to bell.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The clusterfuck wasn't even the worst match on the card. That'd go to the Pepper Parks/Cherry Bomb match.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Super No Vacancy posted:

that match fuckin owned what the hell

I can't think of anything on the card that was worse. I mean it was fine but everything on the rest of the show was much better to me. It sure as heck wasn't better than the Clusterfuck.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I think the Abyss vs Grado Monster's Ball match on the same card would get my nomination for WMOTY over either of those. It was abysmal, overbooked, and they screwed up the finish.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Foul Fowl posted:

HM: LIJ (SANADA & Evil) vs. Death Juice (Juice Robinson & Sami Callahan), NJPW World Tag League 18/11/17

very cool match. great debut for Callahan.

Seconded, that was really fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I just watched BUSHI/Fale and it was really bad, but I can't give it a vote over anything else that's been nominated.

• Locked thread