Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I'm just keeping this for my own sake

MOTYC: Kenny Omega vs Kazuchika Okada (Wrestle Kingdom 11)
MOTC: John Cena vs AJ Styles (Royal Rumble)

Nothing else has really jumped out me, not even the other matches at the Tokyo Dome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

KungFu Grip posted:

people calling neville vs swann awful are out of their minds. the match was objectively good.
The match was very mediocre, especially considering what both men are capable of. There's plenty of great Cruiserweight-style matches that have lots of slower pacing, but the WWE style turns these matches into filler, and not slow burners. I just get the idea that they're given a match by an agent that discourages a lot of sprint-style, spot-filled matches or outstanding wrestling because their role isn't to steal the show, it's to put on a showcase for that particular division.

But really, it's got its own show and the CWC did a fine job of putting out great matches, I honestly don't know why 205 Live exists outside of giving RAW some filler, even its taping post-smackdown doesn't make any sense. The division doesn't showcase anything paticularly special, it just features wrestlers that happen to weight less than 205 pounds. It doesn't stand out much other than they're smaller wrestlers and the lighting and purple ropes makes it look like some kind of side-show.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I think I enjoyed Miz/Maryse vs Nikki/Cena more than almost every other match on this show tbh

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

From what I heard Zandig tried to murder an alt-right neo nazi??

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Third to Nikki Cross/Asuka. I wish NXT still had the same staff working with them they did a couple years ago, the wrestling is still great but the stories could be so much better.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

It wasn't even really that bad.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I don't understand how it's your unironic MOTY if it isn't an actual wrestling match

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

MOTYC: Kota Ibushi vs Naito, G1 Climax Night 1 (July 17, 2017)

This tournament is gonna be wild y'all.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Midnightghoul posted:

How can you all in good conscious say that it was WMOTY when it was easily the best punjabi prison of all time
I didn't think any of it was offensively bad, just boring.

Now Cena/Russev was actively bad. They managed to come up with a way to put more involvement in your traditional flag match then do gently caress all with the freedom they'd been given. There's a dozen different ways I can think of from the top of my head that could have either improved the match or given Russev heat but instead of that, they slowly climbed the stairs as if they were in a ladder match.

WMOTY: John Cena vs Russev: Flag Match (Battleground)

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Kazuchika Okada vs Kenny Omega in the G1 Climax Block B Finals.

They loving did it again, 3 MOTYCs in 8 months. Absolutely amazing.
Nth

Okada/Tanahashi is nothing this is the height of wrestling

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Asuka (C) vs Ember Moon for the NXT Women's Title at NXT TakeOver Brooklyn III

The callbacks to prior matches, the false finishes, the selling. This was a hell of a match.
HM only because this year has blown every other year out of the loving water. Wrestling is good

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Mel Mudkiper posted:

MOTYC Trios Battle Royale AAA - Triplemania 8/26/17
I'm still trying to figure out what the rules of that match were

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

RacistGuidingLight posted:

MOTYC: Psycho Clown vs Dr. Wagner Jr. AAA Triplemania 25
I didn't think it was a great match or anything but it was really loving emotional. Seeing Wagner lose his mask after 30+ years was a roller coaster

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Testekill posted:

MOTYC: Andrade Cien Almas vs Drew McIntyre, NXT Takeover: Houston 11/18/17

That was a fantastic match
It was one of the best told stories by the WWE all year so I'm going to vote it in, it doesn't stand up to Omega/Okada but it's still really drat good.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

It wasn't the worst wrestled match, but it told a godawful story.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

DarkstarIV posted:

Yeah the match was fine from a workrate perspective, but garbage booking wise. So I would put it firmly in the bad column, but not the worst column.

If we are going to measure stuff by that perspective, then TNA has had infinitely worse matches both workrate and booking wise. Please remember Abyss vs Grado from a few weeks ago.
It tells the story of a bunch of main roster main events, where the road agents and wrestlers seem to know what the fans want, but then want Vince wants takes over by the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Sasuke is really loving determined to die a warrior's death in the ring isn't he

• Locked thread